Any B&M Playstation 3/HDTV Package Deals Coming Up?

lukenot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Wondering if anyone knows if places like Circuit City or Best Buy will be running a package deal similar to how they've done in the past for the 360.

I'm asking about the deals where you purchase an HDTV, maybe a receiver, PS3, etc.. and end up getting a pretty good deal.

My mom and dad are getting a new tv soon, and I thought this would be a great way to get a deal on the PS3 - along with the upcoming pricedrop.

My friend did this a few months back for his 360 and essentially ended up getting the 360 for free.

Thanks in advance.

I was actually looking into a bundle deal with a ps3 and a new tv. I was talking to one of the sales reps and he was willing to give me a break on a new 32" Bravia and offer a PS3 for 300 bucks less. The catch was a 3 year warranty with Best Buy. Whether or not this was a deal with Sony or just any tv I wasn't sure. I'm still hunting for a tv and maybe an inclusion of a ps3 or 360 elite. I don't think there are any advertised deals for the ps3 but try to work over the sales reps. If your parents are getting a new tv and reciever or sound system you have more leverage. Definately though go to the store and see what they can offer you first and then mention you are intending on getting a PS3 and see if they can't work something out.

Where were you guys a few weeks ago when BB was giving away ps3's with the purchase of select sony tvs? These deals are few and far between, so when they come along they need to be JUMPED on if you're even remotely in the market.

As for as doing "side deals" with best buy reps, if you can work out a good deal that requires the purchase of a warranty plan, go ahead and take it...you can always return the warranty plan to another BB for a refund.

Hope this helps and good luck!

[quote name='toper']Where were you guys a few weeks ago when BB was giving away ps3's with the purchase of select sony tvs? These deals are few and far between, so when they come along they need to be JUMPED on if you're even remotely in the market.

As for as doing "side deals" with best buy reps, if you can work out a good deal that requires the purchase of a warranty plan, go ahead and take it...you can always return the warranty plan to another BB for a refund.

Hope this helps and good luck![/quote]

Unfortunately I was looking for ways just to pay my damn rent for my apartment. Working on commission is a pain in the ass sometimes.

[quote name='bleedblue23']Unfortunately I was looking for ways just to pay my damn rent for my apartment. Working on commission is a pain in the ass sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that...I didn't mean for my post to come off as berating. :)

Anyways, another option for a cheap ps3 is craigslist...I was able to get a NIB 60gb for $450. With a retail price-cut looming, the prices there should come down even more.

bread's done
Back