Any bike deals?

Genocidal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
253 (100%)
Just looking for a bike to get me around campus when school starts back up, would love to get one for $60ish, have little hesitation going up to $75, but won't spend any more than $100. I don't care if it's a mountain bike or not, although those seem to be the only ones I see around anymore.

So... any deals?

Have you tried looking at either Walmart or Kmart? You should be able to find something suitable well within your price range. I wouldn't spend more than $100 unless you were looking to do more with the bike than just use it as a means to get around campus more conveniently.

Along with Kmart and Walmart try target. They have some really bitchin bikes for dirt cheap. You could always try a bike specialty store if they have them in your area as well as pawn shops. Any pawn shop has them for less than dirt.

^^^What these guys said and check out local garage sales. I see a lot of mtn bikes of all types and sizes almost weekly. Just this week i picked up a bike almost exactly what i was looking for for only $5.

honestly, if your budget is that low, go for a used bike. walmart bikes suck, check the local craigslist ads, thats where i just bought a bike yesterday, sometimes people don't know what they are selling

just yesterday i bought a "marin bear valley" bike, it is light, search it on google, its like a 500 dollar bike. i always wanted to get into biking, and i think this is my door in

so check local ads, and do your research online

http://www.performancebike.com/ there is a 20% off 100, but i don't think the bikes are in your price range

I was gonna give WalMart and Target a look but was just wondering if there were any sales coming up that anyone was aware of.

Mind_n_Soul, yea, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a bike because last year it got stolen. If I can get around for under $100 it's worth it to me, but any more than that and it's not worth risking.

Thanks for the input everyone, I'll probably hit up the stores tomorrow.

i build the bikes for Kmart and Target. I would recommend getting a Target bike over a Kmart bike. Target bikes are generally a little bit better quality. They have several for around $75 which are decent basic bikes. Just don't expect too much. Glacier Points I think are around $50 and are actually pretty good for the price. If you buy a bike at Kmart, try to stear clear of the Stone Mountains....but you didn't hear that from me. My favorite to build are the Schwinn Rangers at Target. Very solid bike and well made. They are $139 but go on sale a lot. For the bikes that Target sells, Schwinn are the best quality, followed by Magna followed by Huffy.

Also, we get bikes that people return for no real reason all the time, we repair them and Target and Kmart generally take a pecertange off of the bike and sell it as is. They are for the most part like a new bike. Anything that was wrong with them, we replaced or fixed. So that's a good way to save some money. We put a green repaired tag on them so that's one way to identify them, otherwise just ask the sporting goods manager if they have any repaired bikes marked down for sale.

bread's done
Back