Any CAGs ever been to Jamaica?

Lobsterjohnson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm heading down to Jamaica in about two weeks for my brother's wedding, and I wanted to know if any other CAGs have ever been. If so, could you suggest anything in particular to do there? (Other than puffin' on that dweeb and eatin' up some jerk chicken) Or perhaps any local beers I should try?

My time there will probably consist of going to the beach and drinking beer, so anything that you could suggest would be appreciated.

Yeah, try not to get stabbed and raped in that order.

You think I am playing but I am not.

Other than that there is a ton of scuba related stuff. Its just your typical vacation spot. When you get there...there will be many tour people that can point you to many things. Its a great place to be. Tons of water related things to do....if not sit on the beach and talk to girls. Make sure to eat a ton of food beacuse its the best you can get. Parties on the beach.

Meh...just go there and have fun. JA rum is also very nice although strong as hell.

One more thing.

DO NOT get down there and start saying mon after everything you say. We really fucking hate that....especially if its coming from a white person.

[quote name='Soodmeg']DO NOT get down there and start saying mon after everything you say. We really fucking hate that....especially if its coming from a white person.[/quote]

I think I'll cringe if I hear that word come out of a tourist's mouth. Thanks for the suggestions.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yeah, try not to get stabbed and raped in that order.
[/quote]

Yea, i was down there and was told by resort its not the best idea to leave the grounds. They had guards at all times around all the entrances. That was comforting...

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yea, i was down there and was told by resort its not the best idea to leave the grounds. They had guards at all times around all the entrances. That was comforting...[/QUOTE]

That's scary mon.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yea, i was down there and was told by resort its not the best idea to leave the grounds. They had guards at all times around all the entrances. That was comforting...[/quote]

theyre right man scary as it may be theyre right. dont go anywhere you dont know for sure is safe. stick with the resort areas and dont wear jewelry and do as much as you can to not look like a tourist which if youre white that cant be avoided so just be safe and smart.

Dunn's River Falls is pretty fun. You basically start at the bottom and climb your way all the way to the top, takes an hour or two, I can't recall. It isn't like major rock climbing, anyone can do it. There are points on the climb where you can slide down the falls into a catch pool.

It is pretty amazing.

http://www.dunnsriverfallsja.com/index.htm

Oh, and they have Red Stripe available at the end.

I went there for my honeymoon. Rum, red stripe, jerk chicken, jerk pork, Dunn's River Falls, White River tubing (highly recommended), & stay in touristy areas.

I went there in 2000 on a mission trip, and we stayed in the heart of the island at a missionary's home. We rented 2 big vans to make the drive inland. Whenever we would pass through small villages and towns, the guides would tell all the white people to duck your heads down, because if the natives saw us, they would likely attack and rob us. It's odd how dangerous Jamaica really is. The violence is driven by poverty, and a lackluster law enforcement system.

Not really what you were asking OP, but an FYI nonetheless.

bread's done
Back