Any CAG's in NC?

Im in the Raleigh NC area as of now, but im moving to SC with my parents temperarly next month, so i am going to miss it here.

As for game places, i got those covered. The Raleigh Flea Market (on the corner of Hillburough and Blue Ridge rd) has two areas in there that sell games. One is the on the restarunt strip of the flea market run buy a guy named Victor, who sells games, but at Ebay prices. Another is an indian guy inside the white building who sells games, movies, anime stuff and more, his prices differ.

As for Game stores, your best be is the Play n Trades in the area. Theres a guy named Joe who owns one in Cary and in Garner, the one in Cary is behind the Lowes Home and Improvment store, or right across the street from where the BJ shopping center is. His other store is in Garner near the White Oak movie theater. He has some great prices on games that GameStop would normally charge higher on.

If your near the north raleigh area, a guy named Mike Gibson runs a PnT near the Digital Circus, and has a Cary store off Davis Drive. Also, Triangle Town Center is about to open (sometime) a new Play n Trade across the street of where Target is, which is all behind the mall.

I hope that was of some help to people moving in Raleigh. It sux i have to move right now, but i am planning on coming back in the near future. There are like 4 PnT in SC, the closest one to where im staying is like an hour and a half of driving, so im not sure if thats worth my time.

Well, thats whats in Raleigh...

[quote name='ZeonikFreak']Im in the Raleigh NC area as of now, but im moving to SC with my parents temperarly next month, so i am going to miss it here.

As for game places, i got those covered. The Raleigh Flea Market (on the corner of Hillburough and Blue Ridge rd) has two areas in there that sell games. One is the on the restarunt strip of the flea market run buy a guy named Victor, who sells games, but at Ebay prices. Another is an indian guy inside the white building who sells games, movies, anime stuff and more, his prices differ.

As for Game stores, your best be is the Play n Trades in the area. Theres a guy named Joe who owns one in Cary and in Garner, the one in Cary is behind the Lowes Home and Improvment store, or right across the street from where the BJ shopping center is. His other store is in Garner near the White Oak movie theater. He has some great prices on games that GameStop would normally charge higher on.

If your near the north raleigh area, a guy named Mike Gibson runs a PnT near the Digital Circus, and has a Cary store off Davis Drive. Also, Triangle Town Center is about to open (sometime) a new Play n Trade across the street of where Target is, which is all behind the mall.

I hope that was of some help to people moving in Raleigh. It sux i have to move right now, but i am planning on coming back in the near future. There are like 4 PnT in SC, the closest one to where im staying is like an hour and a half of driving, so im not sure if thats worth my time.

Well, thats whats in Raleigh...[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I'm moving right by the Triangle Town Center. Will keep an eye out for that new PnT to open.

[quote name='homeland']Thanks for the info. I'm moving right by the Triangle Town Center. Will keep an eye out for that new PnT to open.[/quote]

I did work for the PnT in Garner and Cary, but i was let go off for silly reasons. I was hoping the PnT will open near Triangle Town Center, but me and a friend of mine check it out a couple of weeks ago, i think all they did to it in a months time was put up like 4 panels of insulation. I wanted to get a job there, but with whats going on, im sure that store will open up probably near the fall.

Its being built by Crosland construction, and i know a few people i can find out who is building that PnT since my dad worked for Crosland for a couple of years. I guess i can ask around and see when it might be expected to open.

But yea, welcome to Raleigh...

[quote name='ZeonikFreak']I did work for the PnT in Garner and Cary, but i was let go off for silly reasons. I was hoping the PnT will open near Triangle Town Center, but me and a friend of mine check it out a couple of weeks ago, i think all they did to it in a months time was put up like 4 panels of insulation. I wanted to get a job there, but with whats going on, im sure that store will open up probably near the fall.

Its being built by Crosland construction, and i know a few people i can find out who is building that PnT since my dad worked for Crosland for a couple of years. I guess i can ask around and see when it might be expected to open.

But yea, welcome to Raleigh...[/quote]

If you drive down Capital Blvd. a little bit to the Wakefield Commons in Raleigh/Wake Forest, there is a Play 'n Trade there you might want to check out. Depending on who is working, it is usually pretty good. I would also recommend the GS there in Wake Forest, next to the Wal-Mart. They have the usual GS policies and BS, but the people that work there are very good and knowledgable, unlike most GSs I have been to.

[quote name='Travisntucker']If you drive down Capital Blvd. a little bit to the Wakefield Commons in Raleigh/Wake Forest, there is a Play 'n Trade there you might want to check out. Depending on who is working, it is usually pretty good. I would also recommend the GS there in Wake Forest, next to the Wal-Mart. They have the usual GS policies and BS, but the people that work there are very good and knowledgable, unlike most GSs I have been to.[/quote]

Yea, thats Mike Gibsons PnT. He also owns one on the other side of cary, or away from the owner of the Garner and Cary Crossroads ones.

Yea, apperently, GS corperate is putting up the MGS2:S covers and booklets for the original MGS2 game. So, if your thinking of getting a copy of Substance from the collection for 5 bucks, your really not. I made that mistake at the GS in Fuquay Varina, and they gave me a Sons of Liberty game, saying its the same game that comes with the case, which is completely wrong in every way. So when i went to return the game, i brought a picture of what the disk should look like, they they kept saying "Its the same game." Huge :eyeroll there.

Ah... GS...

Newcomer but loving this site. I'm in Statesville (bit north of Charlotte) right now as its my hometown, but in the fall I head over to Chapel Hill for my last year at UNC (shouldn't be a surprise since cheap and college student go so well together).

[quote name='Morpheus647']I just remembered there are a couple places in the flea market (it's at the state fairgrounds) that sell games. That places that sell games are kinda scattered about so you have to look for them.[/quote]

Ha! You might as well buy from eBay if you even consider going to the flea market stores. They price from eBay (they'll do it in front of you) and not even the low end of eBay prices, they'll find the highest BIN and charge that price. $60.00 for the Dreamcast Marvel vs. Capcom 2? Screw that.

[quote name='Doomstink']Ha! You might as well buy from eBay if you even consider going to the flea market stores. They price from eBay (they'll do it in front of you) and not even the low end of eBay prices, they'll find the highest BIN and charge that price. $60.00 for the Dreamcast Marvel vs. Capcom 2? Screw that.[/quote]

Yea, thats the "press start" store on the food strip of the flea market.

Well the only guy at the flea market who sells games "somwhat" cheap is the mexican guy near the parking lot off Hillbourough Street.

You were with me when i got Turtles in Time for 10 and Lunar (incomplete with disk one and bonus disk) for 5. I would kinda like to get that SNES Zelda game off his hands though...

I was just wondering if anyone in the Raleigh area was able to score an early copy of Rock Band 2 and where they got it?

So I'm kind of wondering: are there any CAGs in the UNC Chapel Hill/Durham area? I only ask because quite a few of the BlockBusters around me have been lacking in some choice flippables, and the Circuit City on Westgate off Hwy 15/501 was completely picked clean of all the good flippables to BBV/GS.

[quote name='danboy123']Gastonia... and working in Charlotte...[/quote]

Represent son! G-town all day!

Charlotte also :).

I am the same way. Looking to find someone that was able to pick up a copy of LBP early in the Raleigh/Wake Forest area. If anyone can tell me if they found one, I would appreciate it.

its a pretty spread out city.. not sure you have to hide... though answer me this.. just moved down here. why are there so many cars left on the side of the highway? people drive and just say fuck it.. i'm gonna walk?

Rednecks see a lawn and feel a need to park a car on it. I guess they do it the highway shoulders in the spirit of public service.

I belive there abandoned "beiner" cars. Basicly, the latinos buy something cheap, so when it breaks down, they just ditch them.

Well most of them are that way. When i lived in raleigh a couple of months ago, i heard one of the employees i worked with at my job was head back home in durham, and his car died. So he figured he could just leave it on the side of I 40 for the night and get it in the morn. Well come to find out, his car was picked in areas for parts, so it was in worse conidition than before. I really dont know if he fixed it or not, i just hoped everything worked out.

Also, if you parking in Downtown Raleigh behind Lincon Theater, be careful. I was working that lot one day, they had to tow 5 cars behind the theater, because someone came in with a saw and started going to the market on thier car parts. Im not sure if they fixed that or not or caught the guy. And this happend in the day at some point.

So, welcome to Raleigh lol...

I like Circuit City just because of their wide variety of games, although the prices may not be great. However, you frequently stumble across some old game that you meant to get for a good for price. And every once in a while, there will be a good stand at the flea market.

[quote name='SadClown92']Does anyone know any good game stores to go to in Raleigh. There's pretty much nothing here cept one Play N Trade.[/quote]

Dude, what dimension do you live in? Theres like 5 active PnT in the raleigh area alone.

Go one PnT site and go to store locater, then pick state and all that stuff, you'll see what i mean...

[quote name='ZeonikFreak']Dude, what dimension do you live in? Theres like 5 active PnT in the raleigh area alone.

Go one PnT site and go to store locater, then pick state and all that stuff, you'll see what i mean...[/quote]

So annoying to live in Chapel Hill...I see so many awesome opportunities at game places there, but that 30 minute drive just seems too expensive when I factor in gas and what not. If only GameStop and a few other places could ship games to their other stores.

[quote name='thepik241']Does anyone know any good game stores to go to in Charlotte?[/quote]

Charlotte has numerous GameStop's. They also have three Play-N-Trade stores. Concord has a GameCrazy store. And also a few GameRush's inside BlockBusters.

The Play-N-Trades are good for classics.

[quote name='ZeonikFreak']Dude, what dimension do you live in? Theres like 5 active PnT in the raleigh area alone.

Go one PnT site and go to store locater, then pick state and all that stuff, you'll see what i mean...[/quote]

The PnT behind Triangle Town Mall is either closed, or still waiting to open. The sign is there but its empty inside.

[quote name='homeland']The PnT behind Triangle Town Mall is either closed, or still waiting to open. The sign is there but its empty inside.[/quote]

Wow, seriously? It was like that 6 months ago.

... ah, wow, im not even sure if thats going to open anytime soon, if ever it seems...

[quote name='ZeonikFreak']Wow, seriously? It was like that 6 months ago.

... ah, wow, im not even sure if thats going to open anytime soon, if ever it seems...[/quote]

Ya..There's a pizza place on the other side of that little plaza and wife and I get our pizza from there and i'm always looking. That whole strip right there seems like a wierd location.

little update.. the P'n'T now has a now hiring sign..

What I meant by weird location. you have a huge mall in front of it a big shopping area behind it and the shopping area that P'n't seems so narrow.

[quote name='homeland']little update.. the P'n'T now has a now hiring sign..

What I meant by weird location. you have a huge mall in front of it a big shopping area behind it and the shopping area that P'n't seems so narrow.[/quote]

I belive thats another Mike Gibson store, since i got an email from him like 3 months ago saying he needed people for a new store. Of course, i dont live up there, and i moved to SC.

Yea, that location needs a sign to his store, because who is going to think about going down from the pizza place to find a game store. Also, your going to be parking behind the store, and in front of the pizza place if you ever come across any open spots.

Yea, he needs a sign behind the store to the parking lot, to show where it is. I dont know what Crosland was thinking when the developers designed that area, its so backwards. My dad worked for Crosland a couple of years back, but he was supernintendent of the Oberlin Ct apartments, which was my frist job. I know a few people in the Crosland ranks who back 6 months ago, i would have called and found out who was going to open that store.

Yea, if the store was facing the front of the large parking lot, that wouldnt be a problem. But some developer thought it was a cool idea to face a hole in the ground filled with water. I dont know what to say.

Wow, i really went on a rant didnt it...

Mike Gibson is shutting down the Wakefield Store!!!

Hey folks,

PLAYNTRADE VIDEO GAMES in Wakefield Commons is GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

OUR DOORS WILL CLOSE 12/28/08*

SAVE 50% on everything in the store!!!!!

- Please come in and use your store credit
- Trade-in's no longer being accepted
- see store associate for details
-store may close before 12/28/08 if inventory is gone!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!!

Just getting the word out...

Well I found that PnT .. not much of a selection. mainly looked at 360 titles. You could get saints row 2 or Tales of Vesperia for $30... That was the highlights I saw.

Ah, the north raleigh location. I always heard his Cary store was doing bad, and i thought that was the one that was going out of business. I went there last spring with a friend of mine a couple of times, the only deal i got was Stranglehold for 15 on Xbox. And before, i bought the Street Fighter Collection for PSX for 15 too...

Haven't been to the one in Cary. Try to stay out of Cary personally.. has to much of a "desperate housewives" vibe to it. pretty scary.

the pnt in north myrtle beach south carolina kicks ass, i loved going there over gs cuz 1 they leave u the fuck alone 2 they dont try to sell u preorders all the time and 3 they let you play ne game u want b4 u buy it. i dunno if thats all pnt's tho' mine also had as good a selection as most gamestops

bread's done
Back