Any Cheap Laptop deals (not on BF)?

andrew333

CAGiversary!
I am interested in a cheap laptop for wireless internet use, e-mail and word processing.

The Black Friday battles are beyond me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Toshiba laptops are actually really good. Best Buy had a good one for about $300 off the $1000 price. Anyway, if you can get one for a good price you should.

[quote name='Pucker']Could someone who keeps up on these prices check this out, and tell me what you think:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11232807&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=15&lang=en-US

It's $900, but has decent specs (2GB RAM/200GB HD) and a HDDVD (w/ the 5 free HDDVD's).

I'm considering it to replace my wife's bricked laptop.[/quote]

2gb ram is easily $30-$40 now a a days and so are harddrives.
so dont buy that laptop just cause it has those two things, the most important is the processor and video card

[quote name='v00d00ppl']hey furashu...how easy is it to install ram and a bigger HD yourself on a laptop?[/quote]

Ram - not too bad
HD - can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

[quote name='SupremeSpidey']Toshiba laptops are actually really good. Best Buy had a good one for about $300 off the $1000 price. Anyway, if you can get one for a good price you should.[/quote]
Good in what sense? Just price? I ask because I more interested in getting the best quality for my buck and not something that will crap out on me.

[quote name='Furashu']theres a coupon?

just thought itd be $549 or w/e[/QUOTE]

i got this code from wall street journal........
12974-BQPRiBF

if they ask you where you saw the 399 price tell them you saw it there. also they might ask you if you own a business tell them you don't, but you intend on using it for business.

bread's done
Back