Any deals for Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Blu-Ray? (11/30)

Thanks...printing out the $10 coupon now.

$19.99 is good enough for me...it's been an anticipated Blu-ray release for me for some time now, but I'll keep an eye out for additional discounts nearer to the street date.

both target and bb are supposed to have a deal to get 10 bucks off if you buy both fantasia and sorcerer's apprentice.

sorcerer's apprentice also has a 10 buck coupon... cant remember the prices offhand but the ads are floating around..

Target AD Prices

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2-Disc) - $24.99
The Sorcerer's Apprentice (3-Disc) - $29.99
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 (BD+DVD) - $27.99

Save $10 when you buy both The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 BD+DVD Combo Pack
(AD doesn't say which Combo Pack of The Sorcerer's Apprentice when you buy with Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 BD+DVD Combo Pack)

$29.99 SA (3-Disc) -$10 MQC + $27.99 FF - $10MQC - $10 Promo = $27.98

The question is Sorcerer's apprentice worth $10 though. I have gotten so many bluray deals over the last week I can choose to be picky. $18 for Fantasia is pretty good though, always planned on that being my birthday present to myself.

I'm definitely in for both of these movies. I want Fantasia, it is one of the few Disney movies I would be willing to pay MSRP for. Throwing in Sorcerer's Apprentice for $5 more is definitely worth it to me.

Gimme a D
M
R

What's that spell?

DissssssssssneeeeeeeeyMooooooooooovieeeeeeeReeeeeeeeeeeeeWaaaaaaaaaard(dot)com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='shrike4242']http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10513404-post22.html[/QUOTE]

Great response with a broken link:roll:. Modify your original post and then mine can be considered irrelevant.

[quote name='nazman11']Can someone explain what it means? Heres the right link http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10513404-post22.html [/QUOTE]

It means he will attempt to use an extra coupon by using the candy bar as the filler item. Several CAGs did this with the toy story coupons as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be getting these movies. Fantasia I have no interest in and I can just Netflix the Sorcerer's Apprentice. Plus, Sorcerer will be cheap in a year or so if I want it.

The coupon fu is confusing. What, print 2 copies of the same coupon? Or are there 2 different $10 coupons? I go to the DMR page and the 2 pages look exactly the same.

[quote name='mig0']The coupon fu is confusing. What, print 2 copies of the same coupon? Or are there 2 different $10 coupons? I go to the DMR page and the 2 pages look exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

There was a Fantasia coupon a few weeks ago that was categorized as an "upgrade' coupon, which you had to provide one of the old SKUs of Fantasia to be able to print it.

Then Disney made just a regular $10 coupon for Fantasia that is printable now...

For those of us that jumped on the upgrade coupon, we now have 2 $10 coupons that have different coupon codes on them... Hopefully, they pay off if you get a clueless cashier (which isn't too hard at Christmas time, thanks to hordes of new employees for the rush).

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']There's an extra $10 non-upgrade coupon for it. ;) Target has a weaknesses in their system. Hint: Filler :shh:[/QUOTE]

I don't suppose some kind soul out there could scan this upgrade coupon no longer available at DMR and post it, so a fellow CAG could save himself a few bucks this holiday season? :pray:
Thanks

Fry's has some decent prices on the 2 disc ($26.49) and 4 disc ($31.99), btw anyone know which version is the blu ray player promo version?

Anyone else having problems printing the coupons out?

I tried printing my $10 coupon out yesterday. However, every time I tried printing it, the antivirus program on the computer that I'm printing it out on prevents it from doing so.

[quote name='ponn01']The question is Sorcerer's apprentice worth $10 though.[/QUOTE]

This is what I've been wondering. I didn't see it in the theater, but I did see trailers and they looked like it could easily go either way. Anyone who saw it have an opinion? Is it even worth owning?

[quote name='moop2001']Fry's has some decent prices on the 2 disc ($26.49) and 4 disc ($31.99), btw anyone know which version is the blu ray player promo version?[/QUOTE]

Probably the 4 disc, as the blu-ray player promo specifies that it's for "combo packs". The 2 disc is blu-ray only, the 4 disc is the blu-ray/DVD combo pack. Someone in the blu-ray player offer thread tried the blu-ray only version of Prince of Persia and got shot down.

I don't know what price they'll have it at, but BJ's takes manufacturer's coupons and right now they have a store coupon running til the 24th of December for $5 off a combo pack, so that's $15 off right there. Could be good if they have it at a decent price.

Moviestop has a program where you preorder a movie (put $5 down), and that guarantees you a copy, and guarantees that the price will be less than all competing sales from national advertisers (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Ultimate Electronics, etc).
Disney blu's are almost always $23.87 with the pre-order, and the coupon stacks on top of that for a total of $13.87.
I think Beauty and the Beast was even less.
We also had a deal where, if you pre-ordered TWO of any of the recent three releases from Disney (Toy Story 3, Christmas Carol, and Sorcerer's Apprentice), they were each $19.99 total, and you could use the Disney coupons ($8 for Toy Story, and $10 for Christmas Carol) on them.
Moviestop is by far the best place to go for Disney blu-rays. By far.

[quote name='chuckstaton']
Moviestop is by far the best place to go for Disney blu-rays. By far.[/QUOTE]

My Beauty and the Beast was $7 total from TRU and my TS3 was around $10 from BB after coupons. So, No, MovieStop is not the best. By far. But they are good if you don't want to look around too hard for a decent price.

[quote name='CombatCraig']I'd try it but I know none of the BBs or Targets in my area would allow 2 coupons. They're coupon nazi's around here[/QUOTE]

I'ma try it. What the hell. Gotta be some newbie cashiers out there that'll ring it the way I want it rang.

Looks like BB also has a similar promo with Fantasia & TSA when purchased together; though the prices are different. I also noticed they have an additional savings of $10 off of Fantasia when buying Epic Mickey. I wonder if the promos would stack AND allow the use of the $10 coupon :whistle2:k

Last edited by a moderator:
The coupon for Sorcerer's Apprentice shows a different copy than the one in the blu ray promo so I'm unsure if this is the one to get.

[quote name='Ed_']Looks like BB also has a similar promo with Fantasia & TSA when purchased together; though the prices are different. I also noticed they have an additional savings of $10 off of Fantasia when buying Epic Mickey. I wonder if the promos would stack AND allow the use of the $10 coupon :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

this.

so if you plan on buying Epic Mickey already from best buy....

Sorcerer's Apprentice Combo Pack - $26.99 - Running Total: $26.99
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Combo Pack - $29.99 - Running Total: $56.98
Buy both movies, get $10 off promo (Universal Promo) - -$10.00 - Running Total: $46.98
Sorcerer's Apprentice Coupon - -$10.00 - Running Total: $36.98
Fantasia Coupon - -$10.00 - Running Total: $26.98
Epic Mickey $10 off Fantasia Promo - -$10.00 - Grand Total: $16.98 + tax for both movies

Buying Epic Mickey + Fantasia + Sorcerer's Apprentice = $66.97 + tax (Regular Epic Mickey) or $86.97 + tax (Collector's Epic Mickey)

Alternatively, you could price match Target's price of $27.99 for the Fantasia combo pack at Best Buy, but the people at my Best Buy are QUITE friendly about price matching...

however, I almost feel like just ordering the CE on amazon instead....

Amazon CE Price: $63.99 VS Best Buy CE Price: $69.99 + Tax (7% in NJ) = $74.89
Price difference between Amazon and Best Buy: $10.90

So in that perspective, it'd be cheaper (in my case) to buy the CE at Amazon.

so then you can get the movies cheaper at Target by....

Sorcerer's Apprentice Combo Pack - $26.99 (In ad @ $29.99, price match Best Buy's price of $26.99) - Running Total: $26.99
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Combo Pack - $27.99 - Running Total: $54.98
Buy both movies, get $10 off promo (Universal Promo) - -$10.00 - Running Total: $44.98
Sorcerer's Apprentice Coupon - -$10.00 - Running Total: $34.98
Fantasia Coupon - -$10.00 - Grand Total: $24.98 + tax

hope this helps someone!

[quote name='Penguin1084']this.

so if you plan on buying Epic Mickey already from best buy....

Sorcerer's Apprentice Combo Pack - $26.99 - Running Total: $26.99
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Combo Pack - $29.99 - Running Total: $56.98
Buy both movies, get $10 off promo (Universal Promo) - -$10.00 - Running Total: $46.98
Sorcerer's Apprentice Coupon - -$10.00 - Running Total: $36.98
Fantasia Coupon - -$10.00 - Running Total: $26.98
Epic Mickey $10 off Fantasia Promo - -$10.00 - Grand Total: $16.98 + tax for both movies

Buying Epic Mickey + Fantasia + Sorcerer's Apprentice = $66.97 + tax (Regular Epic Mickey) or $86.97 + tax (Collector's Epic Mickey)

Alternatively, you could price match Target's price of $27.99 for the Fantasia combo pack at Best Buy, but the people at my Best Buy are QUITE friendly about price matching...

however, I almost feel like just ordering the CE on amazon instead....

Amazon CE Price: $63.99 VS Best Buy CE Price: $69.99 + Tax (7% in NJ) = $74.89
Price difference between Amazon and Best Buy: $10.90

So in that perspective, it'd be cheaper (in my case) to buy the CE at Amazon.

so then you can get the movies cheaper at Target by....

Sorcerer's Apprentice Combo Pack - $26.99 (In ad @ $29.99, price match Best Buy's price of $26.99) - Running Total: $26.99
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Combo Pack - $27.99 - Running Total: $54.98
Buy both movies, get $10 off promo (Universal Promo) - -$10.00 - Running Total: $44.98
Sorcerer's Apprentice Coupon - -$10.00 - Running Total: $34.98
Fantasia Coupon - -$10.00 - Grand Total: $24.98 + tax

hope this helps someone![/QUOTE]

I don't think your Best Buy scenario would work. Fantasia would have to be part of two "packages" in order for this to work, and BB's POS only allows one package per item.

[quote name='moop2001']so, the buying of both is a universal promo? Should it work at Fry's?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if its universal... but its at target and best buy so id assume its pretty widespread through retailers

[quote name='shrike4242']TRU has both of them at $26.99 each.[/QUOTE]

I just grabbed the ad from the paper and realized that... however, theres no $10 off when you buy both.

so then one's best bet would be to price match at target.

What I'm planning to do is grab Ultimate Electronics ads and pricematch $23.95 for both Sorcerer's Apprentice and Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 at Target, get the instant $10 off for buying both and using both $10 DMR MQ. Total should be $17.90 + tax.

[quote name='ShadowEX']What I'm planning to do is grab Ultimate Electronics ads and pricematch $23.95 for both Sorcerer's Apprentice and Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 at Target, get the instant $10 off for buying both and using both $10 DMR MQ. Total should be $17.90 + tax.[/QUOTE]

This^

anyone on the fence about thsi purchase needs to buy it for this special feature alone, the inclusion of the animated short Destino which was a collaboration of salvador dali and Walt Disney. You can watch the short here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzzZa5o1q5k

There will also be a documentary called dali and Disney (80 minutes) included on the Fantasia special features about the short and the relationship between the two men.

It saddens me that people are boycotting what looks like an amazing set because of the absence of a few superfluous seconds of film. Am I disappointed that Disney took the coward's way out and cut those racially offensive bits and continues to pretend they never existed? Of course. But does that warrant writing off the rest of "Fantasia"? NO. And people who call it "censorship" don't understand the meaning of the word. If FCC told Disney they could not publish a Fantasia disc with those bits included or excised them itself, THAT would be censorship. What Disney is doing is revisionist, cowardly, and unfortunate, but it's not censorship.

I'm also in the camp that has been lobbying for a "Song of the South" release (in my dreams they give it to Criterion) with extensive commentaries on precisely why so much of that film's depiction of race is misguided. Because that film deserves to be understood -- and yes, enjoyed -- in context, not secreted away.

[quote name='ShadowEX']What I'm planning to do is grab Ultimate Electronics ads and pricematch $23.95 for both Sorcerer's Apprentice and Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 at Target, get the instant $10 off for buying both and using both $10 DMR MQ. Total should be $17.90 + tax.[/QUOTE]There's only a few locations that have UE stores with movie titles, so that's lucky for you to have one of those. I have multiple UE stores around here and none of them have movie titles, and I know that's much more the rule than the exception.

Will I have any problems with BB accepting 2 coupons in the same transaction? I'm wanting to get Fantasia and Sorcerer's Apprentice and use the $10 off coupon for each movie (and get the additional $10 off for buying both).

[quote name='gamegirl79']Will I have any problems with BB accepting 2 coupons in the same transaction? I'm wanting to get Fantasia and Sorcerer's Apprentice and use the $10 off coupon for each movie (and get the additional $10 off for buying both).[/QUOTE]They shouldn't, though it depends on how they have the $10 group buy coupon coded in their system. Each manufacturer coupon has to be manually entered because they don't scan, so I don't think it should be an issue. Best Buy has surprised me many a time with how odd they do things with coupons.

Target would be a better option IMO, mainly because when they did this with Sound of Music & Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, it worked without issue for a coupon for each item and their group buy coupon on both of them.

I am going to try and get the walmart price ($19.96) for the SA (2disc Blu/DVD combo) pm at Target and have the 2 $10 coupons and then the buy both get $10 off for a total of $17.95 + tax. I could also try and PM the Toys'r'us Fantasia price (26.99) and save an extra buck but that could throw the whole deal off so I'll give them the extra dollar since I was going to pay this price for Fantasia only until I saw the Walmart add today.

[quote name='gamegirl79']Will I have any problems with BB accepting 2 coupons in the same transaction? I'm wanting to get Fantasia and Sorcerer's Apprentice and use the $10 off coupon for each movie (and get the additional $10 off for buying both).[/QUOTE]

Possibly. Some CSRs will spend a fair amount of time looking at the fine print on the coupon (which, in the case of the second 10 dollar coupon, feature a "cannot be combined with other offers" clause) and only allow you to use one.

bread's done
Back