Any deals for Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Blu-Ray? (11/30)

Ooh, on the general Disney topic, I just saw that Amazon is listing Alice in Wonderland (the 1951 animated one) for a Feb. 1st release date on blu-ray. I've been waiting for this one! :)

I'm surprised that it and Bambi are coming out so close together, though. That seems unusual for Disney "classic" releases.

[quote name='SuperJedi']What the hell? Someone said they buy a candy for $1 and Target system take a 4th $10 off make everything $17-18 at most? Did someone said this works?[/QUOTE]Nope. The 2nd Fantasia coupon doesn't scan and deduct the additional $10.

So fucking angry right now.

Went to Target. @5 PM they are sold out of Fantasia Blu

What the fuck seriously? 5 PM for a Disney release its sold out at my local store.

i got my copy of fantasia at toys r us for 9.55 after it being on sale, and both fantasia manufactures coupons
Am debating on keeping the 2 disc version of sorcerers apprentance for 11.86 or not from target

[quote name='joshnorm']So fucking angry right now.

What the fuck seriously? 5 PM for a Disney release its sold out at my local store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I went to the Chantilly store during my lunch break at 2:30, there were only two copies left. I'm glad that I didn't wait until after work like I had been going to. I guess a lot of people must have jumped on the discount/coupon deal, though they seemed to have plenty of copies of Sorcerer's Apprentice left, so who knows.

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, when I went to the Chantilly store during my lunch break at 2:30, there were only two copies left. I'm glad that I didn't wait until after work like I had been going to. I guess a lot of people must have jumped on the discount/coupon deal, though they seemed to have plenty of copies of Sorcerer's Apprentice left, so who knows.[/QUOTE]I've found that when there's $10 coupons for Disney titles, don't wait until the end of the day to go pick them up, especially from Target.

When it's a $10 coupon, I always go Target before work to pick up the movie(s). Never been an issue before.

This one would be worse because of the combo coupon for Fantasia and SA, plus the two separate coupons.

[quote name='joshnorm']So fucking angry right now.

What the fuck seriously? 5 PM for a Disney release its sold out at my local store.[/QUOTE]I went to 5 Target and only two store have one copy left! Yes, I said FIVE Target store (Seekonk, MA, Warwick North, RI, Warwick, RI, Smithfield, RI and Lincoln, RI; would had gone to North Attleborough, MA but I felt bummed out and tired) and this was at 11 AM!

I was only able to PM UE ads at the Seekonk's Target since there's no UE in RI. Came out to $19.02 including tax for Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 and SA. Gotta love MA and the tax post-coupon. :D

[quote name='jr7936']i got my copy of fantasia at toys r us for 9.55 after it being on sale, and both fantasia manufactures coupons
Am debating on keeping the 2 disc version of sorcerers apprentance for 11.86 or not from target[/QUOTE]

Did you have to do anything special to have them take both coupons?

I didn't have to do anything special, just told them that they were 2 separate coupons and they scanned both which both worked.

So i am still not sure if sorcerers apprentice is worth 11.86 or not

Argh! I went to Target, they were sold out of Fantasia, so I went to Best Buy, and they were sold out of Sorcerer's Apprentice! I guess I'll just have to hope they re-stock this week.

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, when I went to the Chantilly store during my lunch break at 2:30, there were only two copies left. I'm glad that I didn't wait until after work like I had been going to. I guess a lot of people must have jumped on the discount/coupon deal, though they seemed to have plenty of copies of Sorcerer's Apprentice left, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

Yea the Woodbridge location just pointed to the empty space and said nope we are all out. I just cursed to myself for waiting. PLENTY of SA around though.

I don't know how they did that (was there a glitch where 2 Fantasia worked) because I would have thought they would have gotten the similar amounts for the two.

I am going to try the Dumfries location tomorrow, maybe I will get lucky.

Does anyone know when they normally do a restock? Friday or Thursday maybe?

From what I'm told, they get daily shipments from their warehouse but they do not know what each shipment contains. They should have some available by Wednesday though.

I had a horrible time finding this tonight--both Targets I went to only had the DVD version, and one of the TRUs didn't stock any Blus (I was in a bad part of town, but still...). Finally found it at a second TRU, where the cashier took both manufacturer's coupons without question--got Fantasia for less than $8!

Well, I sort of found a deal on the Fantastia/Fantasia 2000 Blu-ray. It was $12.97 shipped from a seller on the Amazon marketplace earlier. Of course, the seller canceled it, as expected. I found this gem on their page.

"We believe in the golden rule,"Treat others as you would like to be treated." We know it's often frightening to order from the internet. You can be assured that we handle our business with honesty and integrity because that is how we would want to be treated."

I was frightened they would cancel it as I purchased it. They re-listed it, with much integrity, at an honest price of $28.90. That's golden.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've found that when there's $10 coupons for Disney titles, don't wait until the end of the day to go pick them up, especially from Target.

When it's a $10 coupon, I always go Target before work to pick up the movie(s). Never been an issue before.

This one would be worse because of the combo coupon for Fantasia and SA, plus the two separate coupons.[/QUOTE]

Before when nobody knew about these coupons was fine, but now a lot of people know about them and I think I've even seen advertising on them. Hell, I woke up an hour early today just so I can get to Target when it opened before I went into work!

[quote name='vivafriend5']Well, I sort of found a deal on the Fantastia/Fantasia 2000 Blu-ray. It was $12.97 shipped from a seller on the Amazon marketplace earlier. Of course, the seller canceled it, as expected. I found this gem on their page.

"We believe in the golden rule,"Treat others as you would like to be treated." We know it's often frightening to order from the internet. You can be assured that we handle our business with honesty and integrity because that is how we would want to be treated."

I was frightened they would cancel it as I purchased it. They re-listed it, with much integrity, at an honest price of $28.90. That's golden.[/QUOTE]

Wait a week or two - and you can leave them an honest negative.

I pretty much gave up buying BR movies from ebay & amazon sellers, I got tired of double checking they came complete. A lot of these sellers are pulling the DVD or digital copy now. =/

[quote name='joshnorm']Yea the Woodbridge location just pointed to the empty space and said nope we are all out. I just cursed to myself for waiting. PLENTY of SA around though.

I don't know how they did that (was there a glitch where 2 Fantasia worked) because I would have thought they would have gotten the similar amounts for the two.

I am going to try the Dumfries location tomorrow, maybe I will get lucky.

Does anyone know when they normally do a restock? Friday or Thursday maybe?[/QUOTE]

I read on SD that you can buy 2 copies of the Fantasia blu-ray/combo pack and still get the $10 off so this may explain why there are no Fantasias left at Target.

After work today, I checked 2 Targets and both were out of Fantasia. For some strange reason, 1 Target took the slipcover off the 2 disc blu-ray version of SA. Huh?! Did anyone see this?

At one Target, the electronics guy told me that there might be more Fantasias coming in Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Wait a week or two - and you can leave them an honest negative.[/QUOTE] They would deserve it, just for having the audacity to re-list it right after the fact, with that little motto. I think Amazon removed feedback for canceled orders, though. I remember a seller called Supermart, or something like that, listed hundreds of items at ridiculous prices, and had all the boards going crazy over a day and a half's span. They canceled everything and I remembered going to leave feedback and was stopped, because it was canceled, according to a message.

I thought it was plausible that someone could be selling Fantasia, brand new, for 13 dollars, with all of the price-matching and coupons, but I guess I was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still haven't bought my F/F2000 and SA so I'll find out which discount I'll be getting on Friday when I pick it up. I'm still in debate mode if I want to go Toys R Us or Best Buy. I won't even bother going to our Target here because I know that they sell out. Hmmm, for what I've been reading here, maybe I should go to Toys R Us and try my double coupon for F/F2000. I'll probably buy SA there too. I'll just have to wait and see this Fri.

[quote name='skiizim']Before when nobody knew about these coupons was fine, but now a lot of people know about them and I think I've even seen advertising on them. Hell, I woke up an hour early today just so I can get to Target when it opened before I went into work![/QUOTE]That does make sense, especially when the retailers started putting them in their ads to drive in additional business. I think it was back with Snow White that we started to see them mentioned in the ads at retailers, and I'm sure that's increased retail store traffic. I know they've changed my pre-ordering habits with these movies as well as my purchasing habits, since Amazon doesn't have the same discounts that seem to go on at retail. The combo coupon for Up and Monsters Inc, as well as this one with Fantasia and SA, plus others, it's driven me to retail purchase instead of online purchase.

[quote name='kk012']I read on SD that you can buy 2 copies of the Fantasia blu-ray/combo pack and still get the $10 off so this may explain why there are no Fantasias left at Target.

After work today, I checked 2 Targets and both were out of Fantasia. For some strange reason, 1 Target took the slipcover off the 2 disc blu-ray version of SA. Huh?! Did anyone see this?

At one Target, the electronics guy told me that there might be more Fantasias coming in Thursday, Friday or Saturday.[/QUOTE]If the $10 combo purchase has been working on 2 x Fantasia purchases, I'm sure resellers have been picking them up. I'm curious if it works on 2 x SA as well.

Target normally restocks in the later part of the week, so I think you should see more towards the weekend, especially for a title that has released this week.

Toys R Us in Fredericksburg only had 4 copies left last night around 6pm when I grabbed mine. Was only able to use one coupon.

Got Fantasia and Sorcerer's for about $25. I was able to use the 2 Fantasia coupons, plus the Sorcerer's and the $3 TRU coupon :D. I also had $20 in GC, so I only paid $5 :D

Might as well post it here, too.

Like others have said, the Target stores are more than likely not sold out of the Fantasia 4 disc blu-ray combo sets (you can check the inventory online - every store in west LA has it listed as available, so I'd be very surprised if the stores some of you guys are reporting as having sold out are really sold out).

What Target tends to do is, put only 1 box of 25 or 50 of them out in the placeholders, while keeping other boxes either in back storeroom or at the electronics counter. Check with a Target employee in the media area if you can't find the 4 disc combo pack.

[quote name='karkyco']Might as well post it here, too.

Like others have said, the Target stores are more than likely not sold out of the Fantasia 4 disc blu-ray combo sets (you can check the inventory online - every store in west LA has it listed as available, so I'd be very surprised if the stores some of you guys are reporting as having sold out are really sold out).

What Target tends to do is, put only 1 box of 25 or 50 of them out in the placeholders, while keeping other boxes either in back storeroom or at the electronics counter. Check with a Target employee in the media area if you can't find the 4 disc combo pack.[/QUOTE]

When I was in Target yesterday afternoon and there were two copies left on the shelf, I asked the employee who was in electronics whether they had any other copies, because I was hoping to get one which hadn't had its slipcover messed up by a security case. He checked it using his hand scanner, and it said (I saw it) that there were only those two copies left in stock at that store. There were no additional ones in the storeroom or at the counter. Since I bought one of them, that means that when I left the store, there was one left. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was gone within the next couple of hours.

So yes, it's very feasible that the stores had sold out by yesterday evening. If you checked the inventory online today, it's very possible (especially in a major city like LA, where they likely have local warehouse facilities) that they restocked this morning. As has been noted, it's likely that all stores will restock within the next few days.

I mean, yes, by all means, if you can't find it on the shelf, ask an employee before leaving in disgust. But it's not likely that there's a secret cache that they're trying to hide from you.

Regarding Target: One thing I didn't see mentioned is that you will more likely than not get a $3 off coupon for a Disney Blu-Ray combo pack priced $29.99 or higher. It expires 1/24/11, and the fine print on the coupon states that Target will take one manufacturer and one Target coupon per item.

Edit: Searched for a digital version of the coupon on Target's coupon site (preview . tiny url com/39mdnrz) and couldn't find it.

[quote name='jpmoney']Regarding Target: One thing I didn't see mentioned is that you will more likely than not get a $3 off coupon for a Disney Blu-Ray combo pack priced $29.99 or higher. It expires 1/24/11, and the fine print on the coupon states that Target will take one manufacturer and one Target coupon per item.[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting it from? If it's one of the coupons that print out at the register, the one that I got when I bought these yesterday wasn't that, it was $5 off a $50 purchase (anything in the store).

[quote name='arcane93']Where are you getting it from? If it's one of the coupons that print out at the register, the one that I got when I bought these yesterday wasn't that, it was $5 off a $50 purchase (anything in the store).[/QUOTE]

Yes. I got it from the machine that prints out. It seems that less people than I thought will get it after all. My apologies for misleading you.

Here is a picture:

[quote name='jpmoney']Yes. I got it from the machine that prints out. It seems that less people than I thought will get it after all. My apologies for misleading you.[/QUOTE]

Heh, no problem. ;) Honestly, I prefer the $5 off of $50, because I'm more likely to use that. I don't think I'll be buying any more Disney combo packs until Alice in Wonderland comes out in February anyway.

[quote name='arcane93']Heh, no problem. ;) Honestly, I prefer the $5 off of $50, because I'm more likely to use that. I don't think I'll be buying any more Disney combo packs until Alice in Wonderland comes out in February anyway.[/QUOTE]Same for me as well, though I'd just have to find $50 worth of stuff to buy at Target in the next week or so. I received the same coupon as well.

[quote name='shrike4242']Same for me as well, though I'd just have to find $50 worth of stuff to buy at Target in the next week or so. I received the same coupon as well.[/QUOTE]

Heh, since they significantly expanded the food section (at least in the stores around here), I actually end up doing a lot of my grocery shopping at Target now. So it's not hard to spend $50 there.

I got an $8 off of $80 one. LOL, guess that's due to the cost of living in LA. But I'm sure my wife will be able to use it for household stuff.

After a nice employee searched the back room for me, I snagged the 4 disc Fantasia at TRU for $16.99 after the $10 Disney Coupon. I managed to get Epic Mickey and DKC Returns on the B1G1 50% off deal as well. Great deal on the games for X-Mas gifts!

I picked up a copy at TRU. I had a 20% off one item and one of the $3 off any purchase birthday club coupons, so those and the disney coupon I paid 9.90 after tax.

So no cashier has looked at both Fantasia coupons and wondered what's going on?

Also, the Disney Rewards site isn't letting me print out the upgrade coupon. It says "no prints are available," whatever that means.

[quote name='lobito72']I tried PM at Target and the cashier told me they don't PM there. Manager doesn't want to. Maybe I'll try another Target or just get Fantasia at tru[/QUOTE]

I had a Target cashier once who claimed that I had to go up to customer service to price match. Basically he had no idea what he was doing. So after going through the checkout line in zero time flat, I got stuck waiting at customer service for like 20 minutes. :bomb:

went to meijer and picked it up for 18 after tax. i love using these coupons. every time i do the employees act as if i'm stealing/commiting fraud. was in an argument today over it. was fun

On Tuesday, I made the mistake of trying to get this at the Cobb Parkway BB (a location notorious with ATL CAGs for its horrible, antagonistic customer "service") in combination with Epic Mickey since they were offering $10 off if you bought both. First sign of trouble: EM was just a slip of paper with a picture of the game in a plastic anti-theft box, meaning the game had to be retrieved from The Cage.

Walking up to checkout, I timed it badly and instead of getting the young, friendly-looking female associate, I got the old, toad-like assistant manager type. I handed him the Fantasia Blu and the plastic-boxed EM slip. He looked at the latter and said, "Oh gee. What is this? A book? A Disney book?" I said (politely), "Actually, it's a game. It says you have to get it out of the cage over there." Him: "Oh, yeah." He wandered off, and returned a few minutes later with the PLAYER'S GUIDE.

Me: "Um, actually, I'm looking for the game, not the player's guide FOR the game."
BB: "Oh wow. Okay."

Wanders off again, finally returning with the game. Then he looks at the $10 Disney Fantasia coupon.

BB: "Oh jeez. Another one of these things. Hmmm. Wow. I'm going to need to go check with my manager."

Wanders off once more, returning after the longest interval yet. Rings up the game and movie.

BB: "Oh, and we can't accept this coupon."
Me: "I'm sorry. Why not?"
BB: "Well, some guy was in here earlier trying to use two of them."
Me: "Does it look like I'm trying to use two of them?"
BB: "Well, no, but our manager just decided he doesn't want to honor any coupons."
Me: "Does that seem like a wise business practice? Because at this point, I'm fine with taking my business elsewhere. In fact, I'll bet I can go to another BB location and redeem this coupon with no problem. Meanwhile, you haven't even tried to scan it."
BB: "Uhhhh..."
Me: "Thanks. I'll get these somewhere else."

And I walked out. I've dealt with enough shit at this location to know that calling for the manager would have simply been a waste of my time and a further source of aggravation. Suffice to say I'll never be setting foot in there again.

On the way home, I stopped at another BB location (Edgewood for ATL folks) and it was like night and day. There were actual games in the security boxes. The associate there immediately took the coupon (which scanned fine). However, it didn't apply the additional $10 discount for buying both items. I pointed it out to her and showed her the deal in the circular. Immediately she said, "Hang on. We'll fix this." So she manually knocked $10 off the price of Fantasia. And when she needed the manager to verify the transaction, rather than come over and treat me like a criminal, she simply walked up, entered her code, and told the associate, "Do what you need to do."​

[quote name='Tybee']
And I walked out. I've dealt with enough shit at this location to know that calling for the manager would have simply been a waste of my time and a further source of aggravation. Suffice to say I'll never be setting foot in there again.

On the way home, I stopped at another BB location (Edgewood for ATL folks) and it was like night and day. There were actual games in the security boxes. The associate there immediately took the coupon (which scanned fine). However, it didn't apply the additional $10 discount for buying both items. I pointed it out to her and showed her the deal in the circular. Immediately she said, "Hang on. We'll fix this." So she manually knocked $10 off the price of Fantasia. And when she needed the manager to verify the transaction, rather than come over and treat me like a criminal, she simply walked up, entered her code, and told the associate, "Do what you need to do."​
[/QUOTE]

Damn! I can't believe that the one BB wouldn't take the coupon! It's amazing how one location can be so poorly run compared to another in the same area. I would file a complaint with BB Corporate, I'm sure they do not want to hear that one of their stores is terrible.

[quote name='joeyatog']Damn! I can't believe that the one BB wouldn't take the coupon! It's amazing how one location can be so poorly run compared to another in the same area. I would file a complaint with BB Corporate, I'm sure they do not want to hear that one of their stores is terrible.[/QUOTE]

Many complaints have been filed about this store, believe me. They seem not to care and have taken the attitude that every customer is a "devil" customer and should be treated accordingly. Before I checked out, I was looking at DSLRs in the camera section. I know for a fact that only one person works in that section on any given shift. But in the four minutes I was there, three different associates came up and hovered around and asked, "Are you SURE there's nothing I can help you with?" -- The unstated implication being, "Buy a camera or don't, but know that we're watching you in case you try to lift anything."

Was able to get both Sorcerer's Apprentice and Fantasia at Best Buy using both coupons; cashier was very friendly and I had no issues; didn't try getting the two disc of Apprentice as most copies had some pretty beat slips (how? it's been out for 2 days, haha), but I think it would've worked if I had.

Also didn't see either movie at Target, but I wasn't actively looking for either of them, so they might've been there.

and lol @ telling the guy you want the Epic Mickey game and him coming back with the guide. BB is really hit or miss for me, but a lot of times I'm amazed at how hard they try to turn down my business; CS almost always tries to fight me on a price match, and forget about trying to use a coupon on top of that (even a manufacturer's).

Got very lucky today and found 3 Fantasia sets at a Target I frequent near work here in Richmond.
This apparently is the only Target in the area with any Fantasias left. :shock:
I bought one with SA and was able to get the $40 off. So those 2 blu ray sets and 2 sets of shoelaces totaled to $24.35. Paid tax on the subtotal of $51.76.
There was a screen that popped up asking if the cashier wanted to apply the final Fantasia coupon. Thankfully she hit yes. :bouncy:

It's almost like me and Tybee had the same experience only he walked out of a second BB successful. I tried 2 locations and they both denied me without even attempting to take the coupons off. I don't think it's so much that the coupons + promo doesn't stack, but more the lack of training on how to deal with the coupons themselves.

In any case, I called customer relations twice after each visit to file complaints and ended up with $35 in gift cards being sent my way. What i hate is that these cs reps arent even on the same page. The first Rep I talked to said I should've been given the coupons off regardless of the promotion and even called the first location to tell them not to reject the coupons. But then the second Rep said I was completely wrong and that coupons can't be used on items on sale. She actually kept changing their policy several times to dissuade me from pushing the issue further. Told her she lost a sale and went to target to grab the last remaining copies of both films.

Hmm...Maybe I should call to complain about that store yet again, and to praise the one that actually treated me like a human being.

[quote name='lolwut?']Was able to get both Sorcerer's Apprentice and Fantasia at Best Buy using both coupons; cashier was very friendly and I had no issues; didn't try getting the two disc of Apprentice as most copies had some pretty beat slips (how? it's been out for 2 days, haha), but I think it would've worked if I had.[/QUOTE]

You can use the $10 coupon on the 2-disc Apprentice? The coupon specifically says 3-disc. I wish I would've known since I couldn't care less about the digital copy.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']You can use the $10 coupon on the 2-disc Apprentice? The coupon specifically says 3-disc. I wish I would've known since I couldn't care less about the digital copy.[/QUOTE]

Manufacturer's coupons don't scan at Best Buy and the discount has to be entered manually, so if you get a superbro cashier there like I did, then it shouldn't be a problem. If you're trying it at Target or TRU or something then no, I highly doubt it would work.

Also not sure if the $10 package discount would work with the 2 disc edition either

bread's done
Back