Any deals for Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Blu-Ray? (11/30)

Target actually doesn't discriminate between 3 disc and 2 disc when it comes to the MF coupons. Myself and others have used it to get the 2 disc versions of Toy Story 3, A Christmas Carol, etc. I doubt this one is much different. As long as your cashier doesn't really read it and just scans it, it should be no problem.

so... the closest target that has both in stock is around 100 miles away... target can't tell you if they're going to get more in stock 'because their systems don't work that way' (welcome to 1980) and they can't hold one title for more than 24 hours... they really just don't want my business... Seriously... why not just say to me... 'Please leave and go to best buy and make your purchase'

Was able to finally pick my SA and Fantasia with the coupons at Target. Funny thing was at 9 they had 5 (I guess got restocked last night) so I took my time. When I got there down to 1.

I would have never guessed that this movie was going to be such a hot buy over at Target

[quote name='Afflicted']so... the closest target that has both in stock is around 100 miles away... target can't tell you if they're going to get more in stock 'because their systems don't work that way' (welcome to 1980) and they can't hold one title for more than 24 hours... they really just don't want my business... Seriously... why not just say to me... 'Please leave and go to best buy and make your purchase'[/QUOTE]

I work at Target and I can tell you why they can't tell you if more is coming in on a truck. The reason is that the truck as loaded, but are not put into the system for that store until the truck arrives at the store and the manifest from that truck is entered into the system the morning the truck is being unloaded. The reason this is done this way is for stock accuracy. The manifest is made after the truck is loaded, because each piece is scanned as it enters the truck, and when the truck is unloaded each piece is the rescanned to make sure everthing matches and we know what is backstock and what goes to the floor. Targets system is very accurate and keeps on hands up to date. In fact each stores system every 2 hours automatically makes pulls for what sold during that 2 hour period and the shelves are restocked at that time.

[quote name='outcastjon']I work at Target and I can tell you why they can't tell you if more is coming in on a truck. The reason is that the truck as loaded, but are not put into the system for that store until the truck arrives at the store and the manifest from that truck is entered into the system the morning the truck is being unloaded. The reason this is done this way is for stock accuracy. The manifest is made after the truck is loaded, because each piece is scanned as it enters the truck, and when the truck is unloaded each piece is the rescanned to make sure everthing matches and we know what is backstock and what goes to the floor. Targets system is very accurate and keeps on hands up to date. In fact each stores system every 2 hours automatically makes pulls for what sold during that 2 hour period and the shelves are restocked at that time.[/QUOTE]

um... if this is accurate... then why when the cs guy scanned both versions of sorcerer's apprentice did one show a stock on hand of -2 and the other -3.... if it showed stock on hand they didn't have then items were stashed somewhere or stolen... but apparently someone snuck a few extra copies in and let target sell them.

I stand behind my 1980's technology comment. If the stores are stocked by computer (which they are) then the computers know what they're sending to each store. Now whether or not the items arrive are a different story (lazy picker at warehouse, items picked wrong, items place in wrong place in warehouse, etc) but it knows what has been ordered for the store.

Also how is the manifest made after the truck is loaded? Do they just randomly throw stuff on the truck? I would think they would have a list.

All in all just a horrible system for customer service. Not to mention that it doesn't seem to grasp the idea of if you run out of sale item this week maybe you need more copies for the sale next week?

[quote name='joshnorm']Was able to finally pick my SA and Fantasia with the coupons at Target. Funny thing was at 9 they had 5 (I guess got restocked last night) so I took my time. When I got there down to 1.

I would have never guessed that this movie was going to be such a hot buy over at Target[/QUOTE]

They're Disney movies coming out right before Christmas. On top of that, Disney has been heavily promoting the coupons this time -- I think I've received around four separate emails about them in the past week. It's a soccer mom feeding frenzy, looking for something to keep junior tied to the idiot box for a few hours at a time so that they don't have to do any real parenting.

That's my theory on it, anyway. Much as I personally love Fantasia, I find it a little baffling that it's selling out so much faster than other Disney blu-ray titles have otherwise. When Beauty and the Beast came out, I didn't go until after work on release day and they still had piles of them.

Of course, it may also be that these stores are assuming that Fantasia carries less mass appeal than the other titles, and aren't stocking as many copies . . .

[quote name='arcane93']Of course, it may also be that these stores are assuming that Fantasia carries less mass appeal than the other titles, and aren't stocking as many copies . . .[/QUOTE]
This is what I was thinking or that Disney just did not foresee the demand and did not press enough copies of Fantasia.

[quote name='Vader582']This is what I was thinking or that Disney just did not foresee the demand and did not press enough copies of Fantasia.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, though I do think the promotion of the coupons has played a role as well. I don't recall ever getting emails from Disney about the coupons for most of the past releases (and definitely no more than a single email), but there seemed to be a deluge of them for this one.

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, though I do think the promotion of the coupons has played a role as well. I don't recall ever getting emails from Disney about the coupons for most of the past releases (and definitely no more than a single email), but there seemed to be a deluge of them for this one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. There has been a LOT of publicity about these coupons. The local Ultimate Electronics store even advertises them in their weekly circular (and the cashier at Target was going to PM to the UE $14 after coupon price until I corrected her). Seemed kind of odd that a manufacturer's coupon was advertised by a specific store.

Finally got SA+Fantasia at Target today though. They only had about 3 copies of each around noon...

A bit late here but I had no problems picking up the 2-disc SA with the coupon at Target on Tuesday morning; the cashier sorta glanced at the coupons but didn't pay too much attention. I felt slightly guilty but really don't care about the digital copy and thought the all blue slipcover actually looked nicer. (of course I bought Fantasia as well, hadn't even thought of buying SA until the combo deal came up, figured for $15/movie it wasn't too bad)

Reading all these stories makes me really glad that I went Tuesday morning; I can't believe how hard they've been to find. I do think Disney is hyping their coupons more although it's been ramping up slowly (was Bolt the first coupon they did when they changed their release week policy to "more expensive with coupons"? I remember Best Buy had NO CLUE what to do with it). They probably assumed a lower demand for Fantasia, so you combine higher demand due to more coupons with lower stock and it looks like a massive sellout everywhere.

anyone have any luck using both $10 off coupons (the upgrade and non-upgrade) on fantasia?

i think most places take only one manufacturer's coupon, so im assuming its ymmv and dependent on what cashier i get

[quote name='blackwaltz34']anyone have any luck using both $10 off coupons (the upgrade and non-upgrade) on fantasia?[/QUOTE]

I read at least two instances (either here or on another forum) where both coupons were used only because the CSR didn't read the whole thing. Both of these cases were at TRU.

Grab this one for the non-upgrade coupon. :lol:

61ICrUvwAqL._AA400_.jpg

Can someone scan a PDF or something of this coupon? I can't print out a copy because coupons.com wants me to use Windows or Mac and install some goofy printer app that is probably loaded with spyware. The whole process is just wildly incompatible with Linux. :(

[quote name='Kryn']Can someone scan a PDF or something of this coupon? I can't print out a copy because coupons.com wants me to use Windows or Mac and install some goofy printer app that is probably loaded with spyware. The whole process is just wildly incompatible with Linux. :([/QUOTE]
Each coupon has a unique redemption code. Installing the coupon printer is the only way...

My local Target had plenty of copies of Fantasia. I picked up Fantasia, TSA, and a Spider-Man Carnage figure. Used both coupons. I had doubts on TSA, so I returned it...but they gave me the full value back for TSA, so I only spent about $7 on Fantasia and the figure.

After going to 5 stores in 2 states, I wasn't able to find a Target with both Fantasia w/ slipcover and the 2 Disc Sorcerer's Apprentice.

I finally gave up and got Fantasia and SA 3-Disc(both w/ slipcovers) and got a post-purchase PM to Wal-Mart's 2 disc price.

$30 SA+ $28 Fantasia-$10 combo savings-$10 manufacturer Qs for both-$5.xx PM adjustment= $26 w/ tax.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']My local Target had plenty of copies of Fantasia. I picked up Fantasia, TSA, and a Spider-Man Carnage figure. Used both coupons. I had doubts on TSA, so I returned it...but they gave me the full value back for TSA, so I only spent about $7 on Fantasia and the figure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my receipt shows a return value of $18.xx for TSA which would basically make Fantasia free. The same thing happened when I bought Toy Story 3 and Mater's Tall Tales back at that release at TRU. I felt kind of bad returning MTT but I really didn't want to keep it at that point.

[quote name='Kryn']Can someone scan a PDF or something of this coupon? I can't print out a copy because coupons.com wants me to use Windows or Mac and install some goofy printer app that is probably loaded with spyware. The whole process is just wildly incompatible with Linux. :([/QUOTE]
I am not using my Fantasia coupon, I will scan it for you, if you give me the DMR Code that comes with it.

I still have 7 unique coupons left. 2x Upgrades exp. 12/4/10 and 5x Non-Upgrades exp. 12/7/10. Please PM asap. If not redeemed, It'll go to trash bin after coupon expires.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']My local Target had plenty of copies of Fantasia. I picked up Fantasia, TSA, and a Spider-Man Carnage figure. Used both coupons. I had doubts on TSA, so I returned it...but they gave me the full value back for TSA, so I only spent about $7 on Fantasia and the figure.[/QUOTE]

The correct thing to do would be to send a check for $10 to Disney (since Disney reimburses Target, which gave you $10 cash).

[quote name='sabanoo']Yeah my receipt shows a return value of $18.xx for TSA which would basically make Fantasia free. The same thing happened when I bought Toy Story 3 and Mater's Tall Tales back at that release at TRU. I felt kind of bad returning MTT but I really didn't want to keep it at that point.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall a coupon being available for MTT, so no need to feel bad, I guess.

[quote name='basketb']The correct thing to do would be to send a check for $10 to Disney (since Disney reimburses Target, which gave you $10 cash).[/QUOTE]

I just returned something I ended up not wanting. Nothing wrong with that. It's on Target that they gave me the full value of TSA instead of the return value on the receipt.

It's not like Disney needs that $10 and would do something good with it anyway.

bought at target. PM to walmart. Fantasia & S. Apprentice for $17.xx pre tax. LOVE target with bluray deals sometimes!!!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I still have 7 unique coupons left. 2x Upgrades exp. 12/4/10 and 5x Non-Upgrades exp. 12/7/10. Please PM asap. If not redeemed, It'll go to trash bin after coupon expires.[/QUOTE]

your pm box is full
about 10 minutes since your pm to check my inbox
no e-mail received, perhaps recheck e-mail addy sent to please?

[quote name='crazedracerguy']My Beauty and the Beast was $7 total from TRU and my TS3 was around $10 from BB after coupons. So, No, MovieStop is not the best. By far. But they are good if you don't want to look around too hard for a decent price.[/QUOTE]

1. You give two examples (at least one of which is incorrect as being cheaper), and you think you can throw in "So, No, MovieStop is not the best. By far." How bitchy! I like this guy!
2. The Toy Story 3 4-disc blu-ray combo was $9.99 at Moviestop. Same (except you did say "around 10", so Moviestop seems to have beat it slightly). And even if it was the same, you were incorrect here in using it to prove that Moviestop had a higher price. Out of your two examples, that's one down. One left!
3. What was the deal with Beauty and the Beast? I continually check multiple deal forums, and I'm almost positive it wasn't $7 straight-out. You had to buy other titles or get part of back as a gift card or something like that. But like I said - I don't remember exactly, please clarify.

Until then, I stand by my statement.
Also - even if it WAS $7 straight-out, then here's my re-phrasing:
Moviestop is absolutely the best, with one(1) recorded exception when Toys R Us had a specific bonus deal going on that coincided with a Disney coupon.

I really do pay attention to all the deal forums and prices everywhere for this kind of stuff. I'm not blowing smoke. Will be waiting for the reply.

[quote name='chuckstaton']Moviestop is absolutely the best, with one(1) recorded exception when Toys R Us had a specific bonus deal going on that coincided with a Disney coupon.

I really do pay attention to all the deal forums and prices everywhere for this kind of stuff. I'm not blowing smoke. Will be waiting for the reply.[/QUOTE]

Who gives a shit about Moviestop when they hardly have any locations? Based on this fact alone, comparing them to Target, Wal-Mart, or ToysRUs is absurd. That's like bragging about getting a deal on eBay. But at least with eBay you can buy the item from any location and have it sent to you. Hey, my neighbor down the street had some VHS tapes at GREAT prices at his last yard sale. So clearly, he's better than ToysRUs. I hope you're at least a manager at Moviestop to be that big of a nuthugger.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Who gives a shit about Moviestop when they hardly have any locations? Based on this fact alone, comparing them to Target, Wal-Mart, or ToysRUs is absurd. That's like bragging about getting a deal on eBay. But at least with eBay you can buy the item from any location and have it sent to you. Hey, my neighbor down the street had some VHS tapes at GREAT prices at his last yard sale. So clearly, he's better than ToysRUs. I hope you're at least a manager at Moviestop to be that big of a nuthugger.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Right. Same thing. That was one of the worst analogies I've ever heard in my life. You seem to be a total fucking retard, so I'll lay it out for you;
1. Someone specifically said that Moviestop did not have the best prices on specific titles, and I was discussing that. Was I saying "Hey, everyone everywhere should shop at Moviestop"? No, I was talking about how they generally have the best prices for a specific category of titles (Disney blu-rays).
2. Moviestop has between 45 and 50 locations. While I realize that yes, this is much less than your lovely Best Buy, your precious Wal-Mart, and all the other places you are defending, 50 locations means it could certainly be helpful for many many people to know about the store. Can you really refute that? Of course you can't, and that means your pathetic analogy is really a badge or stupidity at this point.

I see people posting about Ultimate Electronics (46 locations), Blockbuster (all of the four locations around ME have closed, and I suspect that is the same for many people) and FYE (ditto) on CAG as well. I don't go on and flame those posts because those stores aren't around me, or because they aren't around everyone. That would make me a negative dickhead.
Seriously - just a side note - I fucking hate forums because of assholes like this goddamn retard. I hate the negativity. You can tell how fucking stupid someone is exactly by their criticism of a post, and whether or not it actually applies to what the post is talking.
At least the person I was originally writing to had a point to make, that he thinks I'm incorrect about the prices, and that other stores have lower prices on select titles. If that was true it could be helpful to some people.
You, are just a piece of brain-less, negative, shit. Wow.

[quote name='Vader582']Moviestop?! You might as well say you love Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

This quote confuses me. Is this a general "large companies are bad" post? If so, no need to answer. We can just have separate opinions.
While you aren't as sad as the guy above me, again, we're on a forum that is generally talking about Best Buy, Gamestop, FYE, Amazon, etc, etc etc, and is specifically in existence to find "cheap ass" deals on movies.
If you come on here and criticize me for doing so, you must be pretty stupid.
Then again, you might have just been making a silly comment. No harm, no foul.
Thanks!

[quote name='chuckstaton']Blah, blah, blah. I'm a huge wanker. Blah, blah.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you even type like a nerdy store manager. The analogy is actually extremely relevant. Who cares what prices my neighbor has at his yard sale if only a select few people can take advantage of them? The same holds true for Moviestop. Is it an exaggeration? Sure. But it's the same principle.

I agree that the posts about Ultimate Electronics or Nebraska Furniture Mart are in the same vein. But I haven't seen anybody in those threads boasting and talking about how much better they are than ToysRUs, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. and how "everybody needs to realize it". You come off as a brown-nosing douche. Don't be mad at me for simply pointing it out. It was bound to happen sooner or later. :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Dude, you even type like a nerdy store manager. The analogy is actually extremely relevant. Who cares what prices my neighbor has at his yard sale if only a select few people can take advantage of them? The same holds true for Moviestop. Is it an exaggeration? Sure. But it's the same principle.

I agree that the posts about Ultimate Electronics or Nebraska Furniture Mart are in the same vein. But I haven't seen anybody in those threads boasting and talking about how much better they are than ToysRUs, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. and how "everybody needs to realize it". You come off as a brown-nosing douche. Don't be mad at me for simply pointing it out. It was bound to happen sooner or later. :)[/QUOTE]

I disagree on the analogy. 50 locations up the east coast can affect a large amount of people and their ability to get the cheapest prices, your neighbor's yard sale does not have anywhere near a similar reach.
Since this is an opinion thing, I'll keep mine, and you can pretend it's the same thing.
I also would like to point out that just about everyone at this forum has at least a slight inclination towards nerdy-ness (just a guess!) and I am not a Moviestop manager.
Brown-nosing douche? Yeah sure!
I also think that Sony makes the best blu-ray player, Wal-Mart has the easiest return policy to deal with, Five Guys makes the best "fast food-ish" burger, Quizno's makes the best sandwiches at a chain restaurant, and that Microsoft's Zune Pass is a great way to experience music.
If I went to "Best-Ass Blu-Rays", "Eastiest-Ass Return Policies", "Best-Ass Fast-Foodish Burger" (etc, etc), I'd be talking about the products/services/companies I have found to be superior.
With this situation, it actually makes MORE sense, as there is no opinion with the prices. They are solid numbers.
Your argument is that Moviestop doesn't have enough locations to warrant a "This place has the best prices" post?
I have a question for you (and I can't wait for your answer!!!!):
We were specifically talking about Disney blu-rays in this post, and I know where I buy all mine, and I have done the research to know where they are the cheapest.
We are specifically on a forum where people share information about the cheapest place to get things.
My question: Which one did you think I should do?
1. Keep my mouth shut because the company doesn't have enough stores.
2. Posted with my find, but not be such a "brown-nosing douche"

If it's 1, I've already explained myself. If it helps even 10% of the community here, I think that's a good thing. Sorry if you disagree.
If it's 2, then wow, you really are a nit-picky little pussy! Jesus Christ!!!
Wait - you'd prefer nit-picky "wanker", right?
Thanks!

I must say people PLEASE shut the fuck up.

If a store has a better price that people can take advantage of then so be it.

[quote name='Mako1215']I must say people PLEASE shut the fuck up.

If a store has a better price that people can take advantage of then so be it.[/QUOTE]
I second this.

bread's done
Back