Any deals on a stand mixer?

WhoKnowsWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Seems like the cheapy $50 mixers kind of suck. Would like to get a nice KitchenAid or comparable stand mixer for not too much dough. Was looking at Craigslist for old used ones but people generally still want close to retail on stuff that could be a year or more old. The hand mixer I have burned out the last time I made donuts. :cry:

I have no clue, but definitely get KitchenAid. I have one from my grandmother, it's 35-40 years old and works like new.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have no clue, but definitely get KitchenAid. I have one from my grandmother, it's 35-40 years old and works like new.[/quote]

No wonder people want near retail for the used ones :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have no clue, but definitely get KitchenAid. I have one from my grandmother, it's 35-40 years old and works like new.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt expect the new models to hold up as well as something made then (though i hope im wrong)
kohls often has 30% off coupons id try for one of those and buy one from them. (theyre attached to their adds usually. sometimes you get a scratcher card with the ad. if you dont have one, you can go into the tore and ask for one.

Check amazon lightning deals later for today, I was there A moment ago, and seems like the last item was some sort of mixer. Might not be what you are looking for though.

[quote name='paz9x']i wouldnt expect the new models to hold up as well as something made then (though i hope im wrong)
kohls often has 30% off coupons id try for one of those and buy one from them. (theyre attached to their adds usually. sometimes you get a scratcher card with the ad. if you dont have one, you can go into the tore and ask for one.[/quote]

My grandmother bought a new one many years ago and that's when I got her older one. By now her "new" one is 10-15 years old. The things are made great, I saw a program on it, made like a brick.

Plus you normally can get some free attachments normally, I would suggest the pasta maker one.

The only issue with the new one is the bowl goes up to the mixer, the older ones have the head of the mixer raise up. I'm not sure if there are two models or not, but get the one where the mixer head raises up. :)

Kohls currently has all of their mixers on sale though admittedly, the best way to get one is through the Frequent Shopper program. It'll take you 100 days to get enough points and then about a month to receive it in the mail. Wish they would come back to the Club Live program, its quicker to get enough points to get one (35 days rather than the 100).

bread's done
Back