Any deals on Battlestar Galactica?

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hello, I'm starting to get into the series (just watched the 4 hour mini-series) and I am loving it. So I decided that I might as well and just save myself the hassle of tracking down all the episodes and just go buy the seasons (and it would look much better than the low res versions on the net). I look on amazon and the DVD version is $141 for all the seasons :eek:. So now I come to you guys for help. I don't mind buying all the seasons separately just as long as I have them. I'm thinking somewhere around $10-$15 a season is not bad in my opinion. Do any of you guys know of somewhere that this will be possible?

Edit: I am also keeping an eye on some ebay acutions to see how those turn out

[quote name='svtcobrastang1984']To bad it wasn't the newer blu ray boxset on gold box. :([/QUOTE]

I've read that you can have Universal mail you the newer box. What would be missing in the older set?

[quote name='shouamabane']I've read that you can have Universal mail you the newer box. What would be missing in the older set?[/QUOTE]

I think that the deal expired by Universal. The disk that is missing in this set is The Plan movie.

[quote name='shouamabane']I've read that you can have Universal mail you the newer box. What would be missing in the older set?[/QUOTE]

I believe that deal is over now, as of 01 June or so. Also it lacks 'Plan'. that is all, rest of the disks are the same. Packaging is just a lot nicer in the new set. (IMO)

The new packaging actually contains an episode list in the box.

Unless you have a newer source. I read that offer ended May 31st. Also the older set doesn't include the plan.

[quote name='svtcobrastang1984']Unless you have a newer source. I read that offer ended May 31st. Also the older set doesn't include the plan.[/QUOTE]

There is someone on SD's forum who is sending an e-mail regarding the same issue. I am really hoping that they'll extend the trade-in program on the packaging since I just bought the Amazon Gold Box Lightning Deal. I was hoping it would be a more significant discount, but as big a fan of the material as I am, $134.99 + Super Saver Free Shipping seemed a reasonable enough deal. But the reviews on Amazon all agree that this packaging is atrocious and can actually cause damage to discs (fortunately, blu-rays are more scratch resistant than dvd's).

[quote name='fei33']But the reviews on Amazon all agree that this packaging is atrocious and can actually cause damage to discs (fortunately, blu-rays are more scratch resistant than dvd's).[/QUOTE]

Here here. First thing I did when I got my set a few months back was order the new packaging. Much better. And they did include an empty case for The Plan despite the old set not having a disc for it. So hey---free BR replacement case!

ive been picking em up for 20.00 a piece when theyre on sale at BB, Walmart of Target - on dvd...... All i still need is 4.0...

Another good deal is when Borders has those 40% off coupons. I just got Battlestar Galactica The complete Series on Blu-ray for $166 including shipping.

go with blu ray if you can afford it, i watched season 1 on HD-DVD and was blown away, watched seasons 2-4 on DVD and now finishing up 4.5 on bluray. the difference is very substantial unless you have a older tv with regular dvd player hooked up. wouldn't recommend upscaling DVDs on newer LCD. it would look terrible at times almost as bad as watching non HD channels on HD tv even with an upscaling dvd player

Woah thanks guys! I had totally forgotten about this thread. I can't afford the blu-rays so I am sticking with the DVD's. I bought seasons 2,2.5,3 from ebay in good condition for

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Hmmm...

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=207524....com/coup/jw2wkend40.html?cmpid=SA_20100611_2

40% off coupon at Borders.

Borders has the BSG: Blu complete set for $273.99 online...

-40%

= $164.40

Coupon doesn't state restrictions on box sets. May have found what I want to buy.[/QUOTE]
I saw that coupon as well and I would be all over it except that they have Season 1 on DVD listed for an insane 70 bucks so that doesn't help me

Gah. The one Borders that has it, they have it priced at $299.99.

Making it $180 after coupon...decisions decisions

EDIT: This set doesn't include Razor? Seriously? C'mon...

Also, The Plan sucks MAJOR balls.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Gah. The one Borders that has it, they have it priced at $299.99.

Also, The Plan sucks MAJOR balls.[/QUOTE]

I think Razor is in there. It's just the first two episodes of Season 4.

oh snap... $165 for bsg complete and free shipping... well the coupon expires in a few days, lets cross our fingers for a cheap electric bill this month.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Gah. The one Borders that has it, they have it priced at $299.99.

Also, The Plan sucks MAJOR balls.[/QUOTE]

Why dont you just buy it online? Its 165 shipped free with the coupon.

Also LOL at the old bluray version priced at $367

[quote name='bywaytm']Why dont you just buy it online? Its 165 shipped free with the coupon.

Also LOL at the old bluray version priced at $367[/QUOTE]

I'm a man of instant gratification. The $15, while is a good break, is nominal to me. I'm still on the fence on whether or not I really want it. I have the first 3 seasons on DVD...I'd have to break my rule of NEVER double-dipping on ANY movie I own (except the LoTR extended cuts, which have so much extra content, it was worth it)

Also, is there a difference between the first and second Blu sets for this? It's only the packaging and having The Plan included right?

And thanks shouamabane for the clarification.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='A Happy Panda']I'm a man of instant gratification. The $15, while is a good break, is nominal to me. I'm still on the fence on whether or not I really want it. I have the first 3 seasons on DVD...I'd have to break my rule of NEVER double-dipping on ANY movie I own (except the LoTR extended cuts, which have so much extra content, it was worth it)

Also, is there a difference between the first and second Blu sets for this? It's only the packaging and having The Plan included right?

And thanks shouamabane for the clarification.[/QUOTE]
The newer bundle has webisodes I think

My understanding is that all of them are the same. Even the stand alone box sets are the same. I am so tempted but don't have the room for more DVDs/BDs and don't need to spend the money.

I have decided to purchase season 1 from Best Buy because I have some money left in my paypal account. It comes new so I don't have to worry about the condition of the discs and the box.

bread's done
Back