Any deals on Blade Runner Collector's Sets?

The only places for decent deals on it are Amazon and DeepDiscount. I have mine thru DeepDiscount. I preordered back when it was 62, its not 66. And on top of that, mine shipped yesterday. Will be in my hands Mon!

I got the non-briefcase 5 disc HD-DVD edition from Warner's website for $22.47. Amazingly guess what showed up at my doorstep today....

bladerunnerhd.jpg

Warner Bros online December 25% off code = DCBM

4 Disc DVD
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/Portal/product.jsp?OID=28399

5 Disc HD-DVD without suitcase
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/Portal/product.jsp?OID=28445

5 Disc Bluray without suitcase
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/Portal/product.jsp?OID=28446

5 Disc DVD with suitcase
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/Portal/product.jsp?OID=28400

5 Disc HD-DVD with suitcase
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/Portal/product.jsp?OID=28401

5 Disc Bluray with suitcase
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/Portal/product.jsp?OID=28402

FYI the only difference between the 4 and 5 disc edition for DVD folks is that disc 5 has the blueprint cut along with some extra bonus material. The HD-DVD and Bluray are idential outside of the fancy suitcase packaging. All versions on both HD and Blu are in 1080p with 5.1 audio (HD-DVD has Dolby TrueHD for The Final Cut and Dolby Plus for the rest.... no idea on Bluray for its audio formats). Also to note the aspect ratio on the workprint is 2.20:1 while the four versions are at 2.40:1.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I got the non-briefcase 5 disc HD-DVD edition from Warner's website for $22.47. Amazingly guess what showed up at my doorstep today....[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Guess it's a problem on Amazon's end!

Personally, I'll take the non-briefcase version in a heartbeat. No thanks to spending $40+ on a cheesy briefcase that I'll look at once then have to find someplace to store/display.

I didn't know you could get the 5-disc blu-ray without the suitcase. Looks like this might be my first blu-ray purchase since I want the workprint but don't want to pay for the briefcase.

[quote name='argyle']Personally, I'll take the non-briefcase version in a heartbeat. No thanks to spending $40+ on a cheesy briefcase that I'll look at once then have to find someplace to store/display.[/QUOTE]

If it didn't have the car and unicorn miniatures, I could have done without ordering the briefcase myself but I did and its not like $53.99 is that expensive

[quote name='Vader582']Funny because they sure have not wasted any time moving my order to "shipping soon". :roll: Bastages.[/quote]
Amazon shipped my 5 disc DVD briefcase yesterday, I got a shipping confirmation from them. So maybe they were able to fill some of their orders but not all? I pre ordered mine last month.

Aaron

I preordered the 5-disc Blu-Ray briefcase version from Amazon on August 11th. Says it's shipping soon, so hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week.

[quote name='schnuth']Amazon shipped my 5 disc DVD briefcase yesterday, I got a shipping confirmation from them. So maybe they were able to fill some of their orders but not all? I pre ordered mine last month.

Aaron[/quote]Thankfully, I think you're right. I just got an email saying my briefcase shipped. I'm glad I preordered in August!:applause:

i didnt realize the blu ray version was available outside of the breifcase, thanks...i know im pretty late to the preorder but i went ahead and grabbed it

I preorder the 5 disc in July with free shipping but I think I changed it sometime in october since I got prime and changed to free two day. I just want the thing to come though it does say shipping soon so there's hope it will be here by thursday like promised.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I got the non-briefcase 5 disc HD-DVD edition from Warner's website for $22.47. Amazingly guess what showed up at my doorstep today....

bladerunnerhd.jpg
[/quote]

When did you order it? I ordered the Blu-Ray suitcase from them but I never got a shipping notice. I ordered it back in September. I was hoping I'd get it before the weekend.

[quote name='Heavy-Sixer']When did you order it? I ordered the Blu-Ray suitcase from them but I never got a shipping notice. I ordered it back in September. I was hoping I'd get it before the weekend.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get a shipping notice until late Monday.

I pre-ordered the HD-DVD briefcase version a few months back, then cancelled it. Noticed the possible delay, but put another order in anyway. Just got it today. $61 and change shipped from Amazon.

I ordered the Blu Ray briefcase today from FYE for about $62 shipped (backstage pass + coupon), with $3 fatcash and a $10 rebate.

[quote name='fart_bubble']$54.99 this week at BB for the briefcase edition[/quote]

That's for the regular DVD edition, right? I might just do that $24 for the set HD or Bluray at borders and then buy the set for $54. That way I'll have the complete DVD edition of it and then HD version.

If you ask me why I need both, well it's a long story.

This is one of my all-time favorite movies so I might have to check into it.

If you go to Amazon they have some neat online videos to watch that are interviews with the director & some actors...I enjoyed them, you might too.

Best B+M price for Blu-Ray/HD-DVD would be Borders at $29.99, most everywhere else I saw it for the typical $34.99. I bought it at Borders and then came home and saw that I could have used the coupon...oh well. By the way, 29.99 is a sale price for this week, normally stickered at 39.99 and they don't have very many copies. Also I saw no briefcase versions on the floor.

My DVD briefcase came today from Amazon. It's a really nice package, and the new transfer is really amazing looking from the bit I watched. Makes me wonder what the HD version looks like.

Aaron

I ordered my briefcase from BestBuy.com on Tuesday and it came today. I went to the store by me Tuesday and they only had the HD version of the briefcase. I had $5 rewards zone coupon and a coupon for $10 they gave me when they messed up my The Wire season 4 order a few weeks back so the price was that bad. $1.99 shipping.

Picked up my DVD briefcase at BB B&M on Tue morning. They had about 6 or 7 out on the table along with 3 HDDVD briefcases. Also picked up THX 1138 George Lucas Director's Cut DVD for $5 more.

Had to go check out at Geek Squad because they needed more cashiers due to the number of waiting customers. I was the first one to check out there and I don't think the guy had any experience doing this. I asked him to price match Balls of Fury and he said he would have to call to make sure the store had it in stock. He kept me waiting for a long ass time while he made the call and he said it was policy to call the store before every PM, but I said whenever I get a PM done at a regular cashier, they never call the store to check. After he finds out that of course they had it in stock, I have to wait even longer for his manager to authorize it. I complained that this was the longest time I've ever had to wait for a simple price match, and if I had been able to get checked out at one of the regular cashiers, it wouldn't have been like this. After leaving the store, I find out that guy didn't even ring up 2 of the DVDs, the Young Indiana Jones V2 and the new Halloween. If it hadn't been for the terrible shopping experience this time and all the countless other times at this store, and the fact that Geek Squad has ripped me off before, I might have felt bad. Well, $100 worth of free DVDs made this a great deal!

Man, I've been waiting for a better transfer of this for ages, and now it is finally here! I didn't even know there was going to be a briefcase edition for both HD-DVD and blu-ray...dammit! Why can one format not die already, so it would make it easier for me to choose! I'd rather see this in HD than SD....damn format war!!!!!!!

[quote name='bryan78']He kept me waiting for a long ass time while he made the call and he said it was policy to call the store before every PM, but I said whenever I get a PM done at a regular cashier, they never call the store to check.
[/QUOTE]

I've always had horrible times trying to pricematch at BB. Their policies really freakin suck, and they're always such asses about it too.

I wouldn't worry too much. The affected disc is the "working copy" or screener version, which is labeled correctly, but when you play it, it has the content of the first disc.

If you happen to get one of the mispressed discs, I'm sure Warner brothers will mail you a replacement, and you'll have an extra copy of the director's cut to trade to someone like me!

I got the DVD briefcase one today at BB had $5 and they only had one DVD briefcase and two HD couldn't find any blue-ray.

The set is pretty nice I still haven't got a chance to watch the final cut hopefully tommarow I can see it also the number on mine is 060857.

For those of you who ordered the BD from DD, did you get the right one?
I ordered mine from them but the HD DVD version shipped to me! :bomb:
Apparently those morons don't know the difference between HD and BD!

My order from Amazon just came in - the fifth disk in my BD set is indeed the Workprint, and not a wrongly-pressed Final Cut. Awesomeness.

bread's done
Back