Any deals on desktops?

bolt333

CAG Veteran
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm looking for a cheap desktop $300-$500 range that has a decent amount of power and light gaming capabilities (Spore, Black & White 2, Empire Earth 2).

Anyone know of any deals?

Actually, same here. I was thinking about the dell cyber monday deal, but it looks pretty comparable to the dell outlet prices, in terms of the specs on the machine.

lookin for a desktop for around $200....yeah bottom of the line for the folks. All they need is internet, word processing, and ability to play flash games from cartoonnetwork and what not. ya know a shitty e-machine or whatever,

Seen some cheap refurbs off buy.com last week.

If you don't mind building your own look into the current sales at Newegg.com. I bought the parts to put a new computer together over the weekend for $550 after rebates that is near top of the line
Core 2 Duo 8400
Radeon HD 4870
1.5TB Seagate HD
4GB Corsair DDR2
20x DVD +/- RW
Foxconn Mobo
. I didn't get a case, monitor or power supply since I already had good ones, but they had deals on those as well which would add less than $200 ($99 19" flat panel LCD was very tempting).

Tigerdirect has this bundle for $124 as part of its cyber monday deal. It looks like you would just need to add in a CPU fan and a video card. It's a good, cheap do it your self bundle.

That PC you mentioned looks like it has an okay processor and it has a lot of ram. The only thing I would say it needs is a better video card. That might be a good deal if it came with a monitor.

I was considering a desktop for in between $150 - 250. I wanted to turn it into a DVR. Maybe if we wait closer to Christmas there will be bigger sales on this type of item. Not just for the holiday, but also for retailers trying to clear out their old stuff for the year's end.

[quote name='shiftomnimega']I was considering a desktop for in between $150 - 250. I wanted to turn it into a DVR. Maybe if we wait closer to Christmas there will be bigger sales on this type of item. Not just for the holiday, but also for retailers trying to clear out their old stuff for the year's end.[/quote]

If you plan on recording in HD it would be more economical to simply purchase a DVR with the costs you'd be spending on added storage. Not to mention the added costs for a decent tuner which will run you at least $100 alone.

[quote name='erehwon']Tigerdirect has this bundle for $124 as part of its cyber monday deal. It looks like you would just need to add in a CPU fan and a video card. It's a good, cheap do it your self bundle.

That PC you mentioned looks like it has an okay processor and it has a lot of ram. The only thing I would say it needs is a better video card. That might be a good deal if it came with a monitor.[/QUOTE]

r you talking about the one i posted a link to

i also got
HP-21.6" Widescreen Flat-Panel TFT-LCD 9050554 WOW THIS IS NOW 299.99

and

Canon-PIXMA Photo Printer 8250849 Now 50

and

Trend Micro-AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 9092867

for 599.99 (701.85 after tax and shipping) Looks like UPS will bring it tomorrow though noone will be home so i pick it up weds... Just dont know to keep it or not

It's for my little brother and since my parents think that me upgrading his last one killed it they refuse to let me build him one, that Cyberpower is nice but I was still trying to get a little closer to $400

bread's done
Back