Any deals on dual layer DVD+R's ?

norkusa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I need some dual layer dvd+r's in a bad way but all the B&M prices around here are too much. Found a 5-pack of Memorex at Office Max the other day for $12.99 but I had to return them after I made a coaster out of the first disc. The next cheapest I could find was a 20-pack of Verbatim's for $39.99. :roll:

So I guess I'm looking for deals on any other brand than Memorex. Sony or Verbatim preferably.

I'm also looking for some of these, verb only, I hear they are the only way to go for DVD+R DL, I've never had a coaster.
I wish blu-ray was affordable...

[quote name='Darkarts']are you trying to burn xbox 360 games?[/QUOTE]

I wish. I don't have a modded 360 yet though. Just need them to burn some DVD9 iso images that have been on my HDD for months and are taking up valuable space.

I was told Verbatim were the best, but all I make are coasters with them.
I've been lucky with Nextech from Circuit City though... Kinda generic and pricy, but they seem to work for me just fine.

If there's a Fry's in your area, they do offer them time to time. Or Outpost.com, but Im not sure if in store ads are avaliable online.

[quote name='Link927']If there's a Fry's in your area, they do offer them time to time. Or Outpost.com, but Im not sure if in store ads are avaliable online.[/QUOTE]

I live in one of the 41 states that doesn't have a Fry's, so no luck there.

Amazon sells a 20-pack of Verbatim DL's $28.99...is that the best deal I'll find online? They also sell 50-packs of Memorex DL's but I don't want to take any more chances on those.

[quote name='norkusa']I live in one of the 41 states that doesn't have a Fry's, so no luck there.

Amazon sells a 20-pack of Verbatim DL's $28.99...is that the best deal I'll find online? They also sell 50-packs of Memorex DL's but I don't want to take any more chances on those.[/quote]

Ah too bad, Fry's is a great store >_< Anyways, Newegg also sells the 20 pack for that price, but if you take advantage of live cashback, you may be able to get it slightly cheaper. And they offer 3 day shipping compared to Amazon's super saver

I use Windata dl dvd+r from Microcenter. 12.99 for a 20 pack! Only had two coasters in the dozens of spindles I have bought.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']am i the only person who's never had a problem with memorex dl disks? i don't use anything fancy, just a samsung burner; never had any problems.[/QUOTE]

I've never had any problems with single layer Memorex's aside from a few coasters but I'm using an iMac and I hear that the Memorex DL's don't work with these superdrives for some reason. Sucks because it looks like the best prices are on Memorex DL's.

bread's done
Back