Any deals on official Xbox 360 HDMI cables?

aeroforce325

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
Anyone know of any deals to get official xbox 360 HDMI cables at retail? preferrably nationwide if possible.

Also anyone know what the gamestop weekly weekend deal is? I havent recieved my e-mail yet so I'll ask here for now.

Thanks.

Any reason you need the official cable? Even on sale it's (undoubtedly) wildly overpriced. Check the monoprice thread at the top of the forum for a much better deal.

^^Not desperate. Just I got a 19 inch HDMI flatscreen tv for christmas. Figure I'll go out and look for the cables and see what if anywhere has them on sale or not. If I cant find them then I'll settle for component cables as well. May end up buying them from gamestop though as I have a few accessories to trade in from a new japanese arcade set I bought earlier in the month, but I was wanting to score a deal somewhere on the cables then apply my trade in credit toward a few games along with w/e weekend deal was running at gamestop.

If you don't have a receiver/speakers/ or don't mind the the audio coming out of the tv through the hdmi cable. I would go with monoprice.com to get your hdmi cable like the other 2 posters have suggested.

If you go to B&M, they overcharge on the cables. If you have a Microcenter or a Fry's by you. They might have cheaper cables.

Trading in at GS also works too. Hope you find what you are looking for.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Remember, the signal that the HDMI cable carries is 100% digital, so there can be no quality loss. That means all cables are the same.[/quote]
At short lengths that's generally true, though not for the reason you mention. There's not much fault-tolerance in the spec, so at longer lengths things can fail precipitously. Even shorter cables can fail when fed very high-bandwidth signals (1080p Deep Color, for instance).

This doesn't mean that we should be buying Monster of course. I just want to end the common misunderstanding, "it's digital, so the type of cable doesn't matter." :)

monoprice cables are solid. Very thick and durable. Never had any problems with them. Just get any 1.3 spec monoprice cable and you're good to go.

[quote name='toxictaz']I know why you are insisting on official cable. You can never depend on any third party product especially if it is related to XBOX 360.[/QUOTE]

Wow...are you joking? An "official" MS HDMI cable is just a goddamn cable! Only thing it comes with is a little box for alternative audio output. For fucks sake, a cable is a cable. Only things that really matter are the metal the wire is made out off and the gauge, not the brand at all.

bread's done
Back