Any deals on Six Feet Under (HBO)?

Chroma914

CAGiversary!
Anyone know of any good places to pick up the dvd sets to this great HBO show? I've checked places like Amazon and DeepDiscount, and all the prices I'm finding are hovering around the $55 mark. Any help/tips would be appreciated!

If you can wait until Christmas Eve, Best Buy might have another 50% off HBO DVD sale.

I picked up the complete Six Feet Under box set for like $115 there last Christmas Eve.

I think SFU is the best HBO series ever, even better than Sopranos.

I saw the whole series as an Amazon gold box deal a while ago...I don't remember how much it was, but it was much less than $55 a season. They'll probably recycle the deal eventually? Also I think it's cheaper (and you get the cool fake grass packaging) if you buy the complete series box set instead of individual seasons.

I know this is a long shot, but check out your local library. Mine has all the seasons of Six Feet Under and the first 5 seasons of Sopranos. Surprising what you can find.

I used to love this show but I lost interest over the last 2 seasons. I actually watched every single episode except the finale and I have no interest in ever seeing it... weird. Best Buy around Christmas is probably the best bet - I thought I saw the entire series for $100 or so.

[quote name='javeryh']I used to love this show but I lost interest over the last 2 seasons. I actually watched every single episode except the finale and I have no interest in ever seeing it... weird. Best Buy around Christmas is probably the best bet - I thought I saw the entire series for $100 or so.[/QUOTE]

You know, you should watch the finale. I'm not sure if I liked it or not, but it was certainly ambitious. If you've already gotten that far, you should see the ending sequence.

[quote name='jazzyjas7']I saw the whole series as an Amazon gold box deal a while ago...I don't remember how much it was, but it was much less than $55 a season. They'll probably recycle the deal eventually? Also I think it's cheaper (and you get the cool fake grass packaging) if you buy the complete series box set instead of individual seasons.[/QUOTE]

It was a gold box deal about a month ago, for $115. I posted the deal here first thing that morning, and not a single person replied to the thread. :p

[quote name='javeryh']I used to love this show but I lost interest over the last 2 seasons. I actually watched every single episode except the finale and I have no interest in ever seeing it... weird.

Yes, that is weird. The finale, is, without a doubt, the best I've seen ever. Do yourself a favor and watch it. Also, for those watching the series for the first time, you may think the show "jumped the shark" in season 4, but if you can survive the infamously lackluster 4th season (though still highly watchable and better than most other shows on tv), the final season gets the show back on track. It dumps S. 4s flirtations with soap opera (which reached its peak in the car jacking episode), gets back to its understated but powerful roots, and roars it's way to a wonderful and tremendous finish.

[quote name='rebenns'] S. 4s flirtations with soap opera (which reached its peak in the car jacking episode)[/QUOTE]

LOL, that carjacking episode is one of my favorite in the whole series. Yes, it has very little to do with the core of the show, but I thought it was very suspensful and wonderfly acted.

Was that the episode with the David and the gasoline? I think that's where 6FU lost me. It just didn't fit. I will say that Arthur was one of the best characters I've seen on TV.

[quote name='javeryh']Was that the episode with the David and the gasoline? I think that's where 6FU lost me. It just didn't fit. I will say that Arthur was one of the best characters I've seen on TV.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

bread's done
Back