Any deals on the new Futurama movie, Bender's Big Score?

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Since it looks like the early posts of the weekly ads are now a thing of the past since Speedy's been forced into hiding, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...

Honestly, any kind of deal at all would be nice, but I'm not sure what's going to be available. Free swag (stuffed Nibber? Zoidberg figure?) would be the best, but I'm also interested in any deals on the season box sets - I've been surviving on the Adult Swim reruns, but if I can justify picking up the season sets now because they're on sale, that would be great. :)

Found this listed at DVD Talk:

Futurama: Bender's Big Score $17.99 (*Best Buy Exclusive with bonus footage of upcoming feature & more. PLUS Buy Futurams: Bender's Big Score and get any season of Futurama for $19.99*)

Listed as $19.99 @ CC.

If you dont mind waiting til Tuesday. FYE.com has it for $19.50 shipped + tax after 15% coupon code SHOPSAVE15. If you have a backstage pass, it takes another 10% off. It also comes with either a $7 MIR (making it $8-10) or if you pre-submit your rebate, you can choose a $10 gift card instead.

http://www.fye.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21836075&categoryId=52788

I'm gonna hold off til i see what store exclusives there are. I watched the movie last week and it is great. Cant wait to see the special features and whatnot.

*edit*

Oh yea, if you have a Moviestop and 4 crappy dvds (as long as they are not an indie distributor) you can get the movie for free. See the official moviestop thread in this forum for more details.

Doesn't Amazon.com have all the seasons on sale for $20?

And you can watch the movie on youtube for free. I didn't and was sadly disappointed. The bad guys in the movie are terrible, the storyline is also, but the little in jokes that only fans will get are wonderful.

It's not worth $20 for 4-5 epsiodes when you can get 20ish for $20 in the season sets.

This really *blows*, well the way the DVD disc is housed in the case that is. The packaging looks fantastic but I hate the way they decided to use the "slide the DVD out from the *scratch* inducing cardboard method." I may just have to pass on buying it.

Here's a youtube clip of someone actually unwrapping the "Bender's Big Score" DVD.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KWUXDWarhLM

(Check out the really uncool way the person's handling the disc.)

[quote name='bigdaddy']Doesn't Amazon.com have all the seasons on sale for $20?

And you can watch the movie on youtube for free. I didn't and was sadly disappointed. The bad guys in the movie are terrible, the storyline is also, but the little in jokes that only fans will get are wonderful.

It's not worth $20 for 4-5 epsiodes when you can get 20ish for $20 in the season sets.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not very good at all compared to the older episodes. It's more on par with the Family Guy "movie"

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']This really *blows*, well the way the DVD disc is housed in the case that is. The packaging looks fantastic but I hate the way they decided to use the "slide the DVD out from the *scratch* inducing cardboard method." I may just have to pass on buying it.

Here's a youtube clip of someone actually unwrapping the "Bender's Big Score" DVD.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KWUXDWarhLM

(Check out the really uncool way the person's handling the disc.)[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is HORRIBLE. WTF were they thinking?!?

Thanks a lot Fox Home Entertainment. You just saved me 17.99.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Packaging looks awesome.[/quote]

Same here, just buy a cheap case for it and it will look great in that box.

Just reviewed the film...

I think the packaging was cool...the movie was great (not the best episode but still awesome)...and def worth buying

PS- The extras are awesome in a nerdy way

[quote name='Littlefields']Whats this about a Futurama movie? Is this new? Ive never heard of such a thing.[/quote]

Do you live in your own world in your head?

It's new, there will be 4 movies, the movies will turn into 16 episodes for Comedy Central next year.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']This really *blows*, well the way the DVD disc is housed in the case that is. The packaging looks fantastic but I hate the way they decided to use the "slide the DVD out from the *scratch* inducing cardboard method." I may just have to pass on buying it. [/quote]
Wow, someone else who is as paranoid as I am! At least that paranoia is well-founded -- I remember when I had to return "Takk..." by Sigur Rós THREE TIMES because the CD was already scratched when I opened it, thanks to its stupid cardboard case.

I just checked the Wikipedia article on this film, though:

"The movie is written by Ken Keeler, based on a story by himself and David X. Cohen..."

That's a "buy", folks. No nerd worth his weight in slide rules can read that statement and then NOT want to buy this movie.

Wow...Fox really stepped up to the plate with this packaging. The cardboard slip left my copy with a couple of smudges of ink on the fucking data side of the DVD. Plus there is some excess ink on the edges of the DVD which left lines on my fingers where I handled the DVD.

I haven't tried playing it yet because I'm at work, but I'm going right back to the store to exchange it after work and hope that I get one without any smudges. Either way though I'm going to call up Fox's customer service and bitch about this incredibly stupid decision that left them with what I consider a defective product.

The sad part is that they could have easily put a plastic holder in the same fucking spot, and then there wouldn't even be a problem. :bomb:

Nothing better than 17.99 at BB and Amazon?

That sucks. I don't think I paid that much for any individual season of the show. Still, I'll pay it, cause I'm a sucker for Futurama.

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']wal-mart sells each futurama box set for a little less than $19.99 i think.[/quote]

Yeah. Also, the packaging isn't as bad as some are making it out to be. Could be worse

[quote name='Buster Rod G']Nothing better than 17.99 at BB and Amazon?

That sucks. I don't think I paid that much for any individual season of the show. Still, I'll pay it, cause I'm a sucker for Futurama.[/quote]

You'll pay it not because you're a sucker for Futurama but because you want the show to come back onto the air.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You'll pay it not because you're a sucker for Futurama but because you want the show to come back onto the air.[/QUOTE]

It can't be both? ;)

[quote name='Nickz123']Blockbuster online shipped my copy on Monday. It should be here tomorrow[/quote]
me too, but they shipped today, if the normal mailing time occurs i should have it tommorrow.

got mine today at Best Buy...the bonus disc is packaged inside the package...I look forward to seeing the sneak preview for the next movie on it...my disc was not marked at all

[quote name='Jedi1979']got mine today at Best Buy...the bonus disc is packaged inside the package...I look forward to seeing the sneak preview for the next movie on it...my disc was not marked at all[/quote]

Pics Please?

This is the deciding factor for me to pull the trigger on this right now!

[quote name='abhinav']What is on the extra disc? Gotta decide if i should get it from BB or not.[/QUOTE]
storyboards, and preview of the next movie

the extra disc comes in its own cardboard sleeve and has the following

Storyboard Animatic For Bender's Big Score (part 1)
Layout Animatic for Bender's Big Score (part 1)
Sneak Peek at the next Futurama Feature-Length Adventure The Beast with a Billion Backs

its not much but its nice to have if you are a huge fan (like i am)

[quote name='josh_animebum'] Either way though I'm going to call up Fox's customer service and bitch about this incredibly stupid decision that left them with what I consider a defective product.[/QUOTE]
Fox has a customer service phone number? I looked and looked for a customer service number or e-mail address recently for an unrelated matter and couldn't find either. Could someon post this number or where I can find it?

Yeah, they deserve to make money off this film. How else will we get more Futurama? Not a good time to cheap out and wait for price drops if you really care about the show.

EDIT:

Got it at BestBuy; love it. Most of the jokes are good-great (a few fall flat, but nowhere near as many the atrocious Family Guy movie), the art, animation, and acting are all great, and the story is quite interesting and rewarding (though some find it too complicated.... wusses). Loads of fun cameos from classic characters, too. The original songs (2 or 3 of them) could have been a bit better musically, though they're funny. The DVD has a ton of great bonus features, including a surprisingly interesting Futurama-based math lesson.

The Bonus disc has 5 minutes or so of rough footage (animatics) from the 2nd movie, all with voice-overs. It's looking pretty good, though weird. If you're near a Best Buy, you might as well pick this version up while it's on sale. If not, don't sweat it... You'll see part 2 when it comes out.

Here's a $5 off coupon for Target just specifically for the movie. Expires 12/6. Just click the image.
http://www.foxhome.com/target/futurama/

[quote name='eastx']Yeah, they deserve to make money off this film. How else will we get more Futurama? Not a good time to cheap out and wait for price drops if you really care about the show.[/quote]

Aparently you haven't gotten the news that Futurama has signed with Comedy Central to make new episodes in 2008?

[quote name='DustHimself']
Aparently you haven't gotten the news that Futurama has signed with Comedy Central to make new episodes in 2008?[/quote]

Apparently you haven't gotten the news that those aren't new episodes, it's just the 4 DVD movies being made into 16 episodes.

The earliest we will ever see new episodes would most likely be the later half of 2009.

[quote name='eastx']Yeah, they deserve to make money off this film. How else will we get more Futurama? Not a good time to cheap out and wait for price drops if you really care about the show.
[/quote]

You really should work for the government.

"We are at WAR!!!!! You MUST support the president! WE ARE AT WAR!" :roll:

I bought all the DVD seasons for around $30 each, that's twice as much as they are now. This site also called cheapass, $18 for 4 episodes is not cheap. I'm a true fan of the show, and it doesn't make anyone less of a fan for buying an overpriced, overrated movie.

I'm a fan of Firefly, I still haven't bought the movie. $20 is too much for a movie I thought was quite inferior to the TV show.

I watched it last night and LOVED IT! Also can anybody help me out and tell me the names of the other movies they are coming out with or have a link for it? I can't find it any where but i remember them talking about it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Apparently you haven't gotten the news that those aren't new episodes, it's just the 4 DVD movies being made into 16 episodes.

The earliest we will ever see new episodes would most likely be the later half of 2009.[/quote]
What I meant was there were going to start making new episodes in 2008. :D

EDIT - You know what. I have no idea anymore. They're making a mess of it in my head with different stuff they're saying.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I watched it last night and LOVED IT! Also can anybody help me out and tell me the names of the other movies they are coming out with or have a link for it? I can't find it any where but i remember them talking about it.[/QUOTE]
Beast with a Billion Backs
Bender's Game
The Wild Green Yonder

[quote name='DustHimself']Here's a $5 off coupon for Target just specifically for the movie. Expires 12/6. Just click the image.
http://www.foxhome.com/target/futurama/
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the coupon. The Target website has the dvd for 17.99 (but I know that its sometimes different in stores... lame), so I'll stop by after work and check it out.

bread's done
Back