Any deals or recommendations for a PC Gaming Mouse?

Inf^Shini

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I have a MX518 which is crapping out on me much earlier than I anticipated (I've had it for less than a year).

I'd like to know if anyone has the lowdown on some deals on a PC Gaming Mouse and if anyone has any recommendations to throw in as well.

Thanks!

Well I had a nice Razer, but it had died recently after only using it a month, so I wouldnt recomend that. But now I have a Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 and it is GREAT for gaming. If your local Comp USA is closing, go try to pick one up since they are discounted.

I wanted to grab the Battlefield G7 Mouse that was discounted at Wal Mart but I guess the guy got too many requests and I was never able to drop by.

I'll check out the Intellimouse, thnx. I actually just dropped a post in the CompUSA thread, I wonder if they'll respond over there as well :eek:

Anyone else? :D

I've used a few mice but the MX518 is still my favorite. I have a MX610 wireless mouse but I keep the MX518 hooked up for gaming.

I own the g7 and the mx518. IMO, both are equally good, the intellimouse has a slick feel but sometimes the buttons feel cheap. Do you have a good mousepad as well?

To other MX518 owners, how long have you had yours? I expected mine to last over a year easy, but I guess it wasn't gonna happen :/ I liked it because of the design, buttons were easy to use, and it looks nice :cool:

Today it only disconnected twice while yesterday it was happening every two minutes., and it only happened during gaming >.> (CSS :D)

I might consider a wireless mouse so I have less clutter. The MX1000 looks pretty awesome, I just hope it lasts a while, making it a good investment. I gotta say though, it looks mighty spiffy.
I read through some reviews, and I noticed one reviewer's issue.
I've had the same problem with MX518, so I always just shut down my computer; plus I need to take it easy on the electric bill ;)

I use the MX 1000 that came with my MX 3100 keyboard & mouse combo, and the mouse is great. I don't get that problem with what the reviewer said though, mostly because I turn off my PC nightly/periodically.

I also have the MX 510 for my laptop. It's probably the same as the MX 518 anyway.

Edit: O, forgot one thing, the charging station is kinda crappy. It takes me several tries to get the mouse to start charging. It's a bit annoying, but, it's a good mouse.

[quote name='Over easy']I use the MX 1000 that came with my MX 3100 keyboard & mouse combo, and the mouse is great. I don't get that problem with what the reviewer said though, mostly because I turn off my PC nightly/periodically.

I also have the MX 510 for my laptop. It's probably the same as the MX 518 anyway.

Edit: O, forgot one thing, the charging station is kinda crappy. It takes me several tries to get the mouse to start charging. It's a bit annoying, but, it's a good mouse.[/quote]

How much was the combo? I'll probably change out my keyboard also, nothing's wrong with it, but hey, I like new stuff :)

I had a MX510 that crapped out on me. The right click was shot after about a year or less... I purchased a Razor Diamondback that has a blue light. It is very nice and she will last me an eternity. When you click the buttons, they don't feel like the cheap ass logitech MX line or any logitech mouse. Razer for life. Logitech for losers. Although I do like my logitech keyboard with media buttions; however, my other logitech elite keyboard died on me when I spilled a very small amount of water on it.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I have a MX518 which is crapping out on me much earlier than I anticipated (I've had it for less than a year).

I'd like to know if anyone has the lowdown on some deals on a PC Gaming Mouse and if anyone has any recommendations to throw in as well.

Thanks![/quote]

I see you're already a Logitech user. I've got two MX310s myself, one I've been using primarily for nearly two years with no problems at all.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104136
$24.99 w/ $5.99 3 day shipping

I really love my G5. My only complaint is the single thumb button, but i managed to adapt to using the different sides of the tilt wheel for grenades and such in CS:S. Other than that it's still fantastically accurate and customizable, particularly if you download the mod for the Logitech software that let's you customize it 100% (the original software has some limitations)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']How much was the combo? I'll probably change out my keyboard also, nothing's wrong with it, but hey, I like new stuff :)[/QUOTE]

I got it for a little less than $100 with shipping about a year ago. It's tough to find a deal on these since keyboard/mouse pries don't drop that much even when new model comes out. You can try checking on Ebay for a lower price.

On a side note, only the MX3100 and MX5000 has the MX1000 mouse in it. The other MX3000 series have the MX600, which I don't think is as good as MX1000.

[quote name='Over easy']I got it for a little less than $100 with shipping about a year ago. It's tough to find a deal on these since keyboard/mouse pries don't drop that much even when new model comes out. You can try checking on Ebay for a lower price.

On a side note, only the MX3100 and MX5000 has the MX1000 mouse in it. The other MX3000 series have the MX600, which I don't think is as good as MX1000.[/quote]
Yea, the reason i asked was because there was a bundle on Ebay for around $120-130 so i was sayin ahh jeez :/, and I couldn't find it on newegg (Which usually has great prices under retail for the most part and awesome shipping prices and service. I wish I could just go pick it up since it's basically one city away from me :)

I don't mind droppin over a $100 on a bundle, so long as I can be sure the product will last me years and not crap out unexpectedly in less than a year. I'll look into warranty's n stuff as well, but I want to know I invested well into my nifty gizmos :D

Seems like Razer is another favorite along with the MS Intellimouse. I'll probably just step into the wireless zone so I don't have to deal with so many wires around here.

Razor Copperhead no doubt, I used a mx 510 before but decided to upgrade to the Razor..and I've loved it ever since. Haven't had any problems and I've had it for almost a year now(if not longer). Its so fucking precise for games, especially fps.

So I guess it's decision between a razer copperhead and a bundle that includes the MX1000.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'll drop by CompUSA in hopes of finding a good deal w/ the closeout deal they're having.

Meh, I bit and bought the MX5000 combo on Ebay for a total of $75 and some change.

I'm hopin for many years of great functioning.

A tip for the health and wellness of your MX500-518 mice. If you're going to unplug it and store/travel with it, make sure you give the part of the cord that goes into the front of the mouse PLENTY of slack to hang loose, don't just wrap the cord around the mouse. I had a MX500 and I bent the cord too much from traveling and busted it. Went to cut it apart and resolder it but I pulled a weebit to hard on a wire and busted it.

wtf do you use your mice for? lol i bought my mx 518 when they were first released and its held up fine from my fps gaming and normal use

Well I've used it heavily for FPS gaming, mainly CSS. I never take it for traveling purposes and I've tried it on several USB Ports on my computer, so the USB port can't be the problem.

It kinda blows, but I'll be happy with a wireless mouse :D

Got the combo in a couple days ago.

The keyboard is cool, has a nice feel to it and the LED display is neat.

The mouse I'm having a hard time adjusting to. The MX518 had a feel that I was accustomed to, and was a bit leary of having to get rid of my mouse pad. It is nice to have a wireless mouse now, but the sensitivity is different from that of the MX518 I have.

I had to raise the Sens. by .5 just to get a similar movement I had before in CSS, and I find myself picking up the mouse a lot as I move. It's probably also because it's a bit heavier than the 518.

Hopefully over time I will get used to it, because I really like how it looks and feels, and I love the sync feature, keyboard even shows my name on it ^^

Yeah I was using just a plain Wired optical Microsoft mouse for 2 years, but recently upgraded to a Logitech one. It took 2 weeks to adjust but I love it now.

Hehe, I decided to try the Blue Razer Diamondback since they were clearanced and cheap at CompUSA (Only 3 left, and only 1 in a decent sealed box)

Not only does the blue light make it awesomer ;), but it moves very smooth (teflon feet ftw). My only beef is the side buttons, those should have been a bit higher.

I was going to get a copperhead, but I figured I'll try this one first, plus it was more than half the price of a copperhead, total came out around $30.

I'll still keep my MX1000 around, but I believe I've found my next gaming mouse ;O

[quote name='dalaamprince']Yeah I was using just a plain Wired optical Microsoft mouse for 2 years, but recently upgraded to a Logitech one. It took 2 weeks to adjust but I love it now.[/quote]

I had been using a plain one also when I first started out, but after about a year, the cursor started going nuts randomly, so I got the MX518.

bread's done
Back