Any depressed NHL fans catch the USA/Russia game last night?

TJordan522

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (88%)
I was so happy to see the World Junior Championship opening USA game was on TV last night. It made me realize how much I miss the NHL...
:(

It was a great game too. A ton of goals and chances, a lot of them resulting from there being no center red line. The NHL needs to do that if they ever play again...

I've been trying to watch Canada's team but they haven't been on TV... I loved watching Patrice Bergeron on the Bruins last year, and he's tearing up the junior championships with Sidney Crosby.

Unfortunately Zach Parise is too old to play this year...I really liked watching him last year.

Did you see that sweet goal Bourque's son scored last night?

[quote name='TJordan522']Unfortunately Zach Parise is too old to play this year...I really liked watching him last year.

Did you see that sweet goal Bourque's son scored last night?[/quote]
Didn't see it, haven't seen any hockey lately, been hard to catch on TV.

Its too bad the Bruins don't have more players in it.. They were supposed to start putting the Providence Bruins on TV but they haven't started that yet either.

[quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='TJordan522']Unfortunately Zach Parise is too old to play this year...I really liked watching him last year.

Did you see that sweet goal Bourque's son scored last night?[/quote]
Didn't see it, haven't seen any hockey lately, been hard to catch on TV.

Its too bad the Bruins don't have more players in it.. They were supposed to start putting the Providence Bruins on TV but they haven't started that yet either.[/quote]

Yeah, Parise was the only Devil in it last year....none this year.

And I don't even live in an area to see the River Rats games...

[quote name='TJordan522']

And I don't even live in an area to see the River Rats games...[/quote]

Parise would have had a huge cheering section at it this year too, since its in ND.

[quote name='starman9000'][quote name='TJordan522']

And I don't even live in an area to see the River Rats games...[/quote]

Parise would have had a huge cheering section at it this year too, since its in ND.[/quote]

Yeah I know, I was thinking that lats night when I saw it was at ND. I think there is another guy on USA from ND though...something with an S?

[quote name='TJordan522']

Yeah I know, I was thinking that lats night when I saw it was at ND. I think there is another guy on USA from ND though...something with an S?[/quote]

Yeah, Drew Stafford, he was player of the game that first game too. (maybe a little hometown bias by whoever decides that?)

Hockey? What is this hockey you speak of? Is that the game you play with your feet? Or the one where you hit the ball with a stick? :p

I watch hockey sometimes too, just not lately because I live in America. *rimshot*
Pittsburgh Penguins! Whoo!

New rules for NHL to make more exciting games
1. No center line
2. No offsides rule
* 3. Spiked Gloves

*maybe not

Luckily a few weeks ago they televised the Igor Larionov retirement game from Russia.
Alot of Red Wings played in the game along with a few Devils and other assorted players. I guess it was enough to hold me over for now.

[quote name='johnnyoski']Luckily a few weeks ago they televised the Igor Larionov retirement game from Russia.
Alot of Red Wings played in the game along with a few Devils and other assorted players. I guess it was enough to hold me over for now.[/quote]

Aww man I can't believe I missed it. Although it may only have been shown in your area because Larionov was mostly a Red Wing.

I know Gomez played in that one...he left his $500 a week ECHL team in Alaska to go.

I got to see Canada-Slovakia and it was very entertaining, Canada winning 7-3. I'm also convinced a player such as Sidney Crosby will do what Gretzky did for the sport in the states, totally revive it's popularity. That kid is a phenom.

I wish we had the first pick of the draft... Crosby is amazing. Hopefully Bergeron will learn something from playing with him, instead of it being like playing against children after spending a full year with the Bruins.

[quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='johnnyoski']Luckily a few weeks ago they televised the Igor Larionov retirement game from Russia.
Alot of Red Wings played in the game along with a few Devils and other assorted players. I guess it was enough to hold me over for now.[/quote]

Aww man I can't believe I missed it. Although it may only have been shown in your area because Larionov was mostly a Red Wing.

I know Gomez played in that one...he left his $500 a week ECHL team in Alaska to go.[/quote]

It was not only an "only in the area" thing, but it was also exclusive to people with Comcast cable.

I saw the game; it was a lot of fun, especially when Larionov and Yzerman switched sides for the final period. :)

I've given up on the NHL returning this year, though. They've had too much time and nothing has happened. We can always hope for a season next year...

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='johnnyoski']Luckily a few weeks ago they televised the Igor Larionov retirement game from Russia.

I know Gomez played in that one...he left his $500 a week ECHL team in Alaska to go.[/quote]

It was not only an "only in the area" thing, but it was also exclusive to people with Comcast cable.

I saw the game; it was a lot of fun, especially when Larionov and Yzerman switched sides for the final period. :)

I've given up on the NHL returning this year, though. They've had too much time and nothing has happened. We can always hope for a season next year...[/quote]

I've given up as well. :cry:
The NHL Board scheduled a meeting for January 14, most likely to finalize the cancellation of the season.
And I can't believe I missed that Larionov game. I have Comcast!!

Also, a question for anyone who has or had NHL Center Ice. I had this for the last 2 years and it was great. It let me see every Devils game because the hockey I normally get is Flyers since I live in NJ near Philly. So does anyone have it this year? Do they show AHL games? Yes, I'm that deperate.

I'm going to try to go to Philly to catch some Phantoms/Rats games.

[quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='johnnyoski']Luckily a few weeks ago they televised the Igor Larionov retirement game from Russia.

I've given up on the NHL returning this year, though. They've had too much time and nothing has happened. We can always hope for a season next year...[/quote]

I've given up as well. :cry:
The NHL Board scheduled a meeting for January 14, most likely to finalize the cancellation of the season.
And I can't believe I missed that Larionov game. I have Comcast!!

Also, a question for anyone who has or had NHL Center Ice. I had this for the last 2 years and it was great. It let me see every Devils game because the hockey I normally get is Flyers since I live in NJ near Philly. So does anyone have it this year? Do they show AHL games? Yes, I'm that deperate.

I'm going to try to go to Philly to catch some Phantoms/Rats games.[/quote]

Online schedule

Looks like they're showing a whole lot of nothing...Sorry, dude.

[quote name='TJordan522']I'm going to try to go to Philly to catch some Phantoms/Rats games.[/quote]

Minor league hockey just isn't the same.
I used to go to some of the Detroit Vipers IHL games years back (especially during the last strike in '95). While the games were mildly entertaining,the speed and flow didn't come anywhere near the NHL.
I also live a few miles from where the Motor City Mechanics play in the UHL and quite honestly don't feel like the $10 ticket is worth it.

Yeah, but I caved in and just bought tickets to a game on 1/9.

Also, USA plays Switzerland tonight at 9:00 EST on ESPN2 for anyone interested.

I'm really glad we have the AHL Amerks here. Apparently attendance is up huge for minor league hockey so far this year, especially in cities that have teams in both the NHL and AHL, like Philly.

Hey, Andy Brickley is doing the color commentary, he does the commentary for the Bruins away games. He wasn't a bad player in his day either.

I'll get my hockey fix watching the Minnesota state high school tournament(assuming it's televised like it has been the last few years).

[quote name='dafoomie']Hey, Andy Brickley is doing the color commentary, he does the commentary for the Bruins away games. He wasn't a bad player in his day either.[/quote]

Yeah, he was on the Devils beofre I was born lol.
Did you catch highlights of the Canada/Czech game? Bergeron scored an amazing goal.

I miss me some boxing on skates!

I happen to be a penguin fan. I think Im the only one left.

I wanted to go see the baby pens play. I have never seen a minor legue game except when I played in them.

There is a team here I may go check out the gwinnett galdators. May be worth the ten bucks!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I miss me some boxing on skates!

I happen to be a penguin fan. I think Im the only one left.

I wanted to go see the baby pens play. I have never seen a minor legue game except when I played in them.

There is a team here I may go check out the gwinnett galdators. May be worth the ten bucks![/quote]

What league did you play in? Anything relatively high up like the ECHL or AHL?

[quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='dafoomie']Hey, Andy Brickley is doing the color commentary, he does the commentary for the Bruins away games. He wasn't a bad player in his day either.[/quote]

Yeah, he was on the Devils beofre I was born lol.
Did you catch highlights of the Canada/Czech game? Bergeron scored an amazing goal.[/quote]
I haven't seen it yet, I hope ESPN shows it. After a year in the NHL, I'd expect Bergeron to play like a man among boys.

I just wanted to see the Sens get dominated by the wings because Dominik Hasek is a bum. I dun really care about his past achievements..He came back and only hurt the team...nothing else

that kid montoya looks good..but a little shaky

[quote name='integralsmatic']I just wanted to see the Sens get dominated by the wings because Dominik Hasek is a bum. I dun really care about his past achievements..He came back and only hurt the team...nothing else

that kid montoya looks good..but a little shaky[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Hasek either.

And Montoya was really good last year but this year he was below average.

bread's done
Back