Any experience with Amazon trade ins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpgorbosjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I'm kind of upset with Amazon's trade-in program.
I traded in a bunch of books to Amazon.

Rant:
Not only does it take them a pretty long damn time to actually process them once they are delivered, but two of them were rejected....

The first one they said the ISBN did not match, and upon further review I realized that one was my bad. They wanted some "MyEducationLab" version vs. the text version. Not sure what that matters, but OK...

Anyway, I sent them another book in PERFECT/LIKE NEW condition, and they apparently returned it with the notice "Unacceptable Edition". What does that mean? If was in awesome condition and I DID check the ISBN of this one.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I'm kind of upset with Amazon's trade-in program.

Rant:
Not only does it take them a pretty long damn time to actually process them once they are delivered, but two of them were rejected....

The first one they said the ISBN did not match, and upon further review I realized that one was my bad. They wanted some "MyEducationLab" version vs. the text version. Not sure what that matters, but OK...

Anyway, I sent them another book in PERFECT/LIKE NEW condition, and they apparently returned it with the notice "Unacceptable Edition". What does that mean? If was in awesome condition and I DID check the ISBN of this one.[/QUOTE]

Unacceptable Edition

means there was a newer edition out there

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I'm kind of upset with Amazon's trade-in program.

Rant:

Anyway, I sent them another book in PERFECT/LIKE NEW condition, and they apparently returned it with the notice "Unacceptable Edition". What does that mean? If was in awesome condition and I DID check the ISBN of this one.[/QUOTE]

No. Just a heads up, though, you should post this in the deal advice forum next time.

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. DO NOT POST YOUR OWN AFFILIATE LINKS. ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!

I would lock this thread!

They've always treated me well and leave me with a "happy ending" every time. Of course, if you don't tip well they remember and it may reflect on your experience next time. I always tip well and am tipped well in return ;)

Don't make me call Mac Tonight on yo' apps!

mactonight.jpg

[quote name='LD_Helix']Speaking of trade ins anyone got that extra 20 bucks yet from the promotion they ran a while ago?[/QUOTE]

I had to contact CS to get my 20 dollar promo credit, which they gave to me within 24 hours. About a week after that I got an email saying my trade-in had been processed (which I had already received) and my promo credit had been issued. I ended up getting 40 bucks in promo credit along with my 36 bucks in gift credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back