Any experience with pricecheater.com?

Antipode

CAG Veteran
Hi all, hope this is posted in the right place - just was hoping to find some advice regarding a fairly new site called "Price Cheater". Basically I was hunting for deals on Skyward Sword and found this:
http://www.pricecheater.com/product/nintendo-wii-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword
It's the game-only edition of the game for $30, instead of $50 - not bad at all.

Thing is, they require that you sign up for a 14-day free trial to your choice of a subscription service. According to their About page, those company partnerships are how they can offer some things below retail, and it seems plausible to me that they'd get paid by those companies because they'd benefit through people that just forget to cancel the trial or never knew they were signing up for it with their purchase in the first place. Which, in itself, is fairly shady - but doesn't outright appear to be a scam to me. I've looked into each of the services and they all appear to be easily cancellable.

What DOES give me pause though, is that I've looked through some review sites looking for info on them. Apparently a bunch of people have had their orders screwed up (or were charged before being informed the item was out-of-stock, things like that). Most people I read from did get full refunds upon calling or emailing them, but apparently even that was sometimes a lengthy process. In other words, some people definitely got their items, others fought to get them, and others didn't get anything at all, so it definitely seems to be a risk.

All I'm asking is, given my general lack of experience with this stuff - does this site immediately stand out to you as something you'd stay a mile away from at all costs? Or is it worth a shot to save 40% on Zelda? Thanks for any help.

bread's done
Back