Any FFI/FFII sales for the PSP?

darkclawsofchaos

CAGiversary!
I know there is that bestbuy coupon that is YMMV and that there is the PSone compilation of both for $20, but is there any other deals? I could wait, I don't want to spend more than $20 for each. Anyway, does anyone have those two games? Am I missing anything by taking the PSone version over the PSP versions?

Other than slightly improved graphics, you're not missing anything in the PS1 version. And, frankly, the "slightly improved graphics" of the PSP versions make them look like crappy Flash games to me. Just go with the PS1 or GBA versions.

I loved the FF series through 6, and even I would have to say skip II. It's easily the worst of the 2D Final Fantasies and a chore to play through. I skipped the UMD version.

If you've never played FF before then you could start with this one. It's got the most content of any edition BUT it's also the easiest far and away. Personally I'd wait for the UMD edition to clearance out somewhere. Even as fan I'd be hard pressed to put its value over $10.

[quote name='dhelor']Other than slightly improved graphics, you're not missing anything in the PS1 version. And, frankly, the "slightly improved graphics" of the PSP versions make them look like crappy Flash games to me. Just go with the PS1 or GBA versions.[/quote]

So its nothing like the Mega man X remake on the PSP right? Its just like an extra dungeon and a tiny upgrade, not a graphic overhaul right?

[quote name='cochesecochese']I loved the FF series through 6, and even I would have to say skip II. It's easily the worst of the 2D Final Fantasies and a chore to play through. I skipped the UMD version.

If you've never played FF before then you could start with this one. It's got the most content of any edition BUT it's also the easiest far and away. Personally I'd wait for the UMD edition to clearance out somewhere. Even as fan I'd be hard pressed to put its value over $10.[/quote]

I'm not diehard, but I like the series, I bought FF Chronicles (always wanted to try Chrono Trigger), FF Anthology, FFVIII, and FIX all for the PSone recently off amazon new. Also have FFX and FFXII which were also got at a low price. So, I'm in no rush, so the PSone is cool then. Is there any American version of FFIII besides the DS version?

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']So its nothing like the Mega man X remake on the PSP right? Its just like an extra dungeon and a tiny upgrade, not a graphic overhaul right?[/quote]

It's a full graphic overhaul. The sprites are higher resolution and cleaner BUT they also lost a lot of character in the upgrade. The enemies do look beautiful though. There's also better effects on the overworld map. It's just a sprite bump up not a new engine a la Mega Man X.

Yes, only one new dungeon and it's optional. I didn't particularly enjoy it.

I'm not diehard, but I like the series, I bought FF Chronicles (always wanted to try Chrono Trigger), FF Anthology, FFVIII, and FIX all for the PSone recently off amazon new. Also have FFX and FFXII which were also got at a low price. So, I'm in no rush, so the PSone is cool then. Is there any American version of FFIII besides the DS version?

None that I know of, unfortunately.

bread's done
Back