any gamefly deals!?

Once you are a member, you can have people sign on under you and once you get 5 people to sign up you get a free DS Lite.

I havn't heard of any other specials, but 3 ways to make the most of your gamefly subscription:

1. Sign up under someone else so your friend can earn a DS Lite (I'd ask you to sign up under me but I wouldn't ever get 4 other people to sign up).

2. Go to one of the "get free stuff" websites and get a free gift certificate for signing up (I don't reccommend this because it is time consuming).

3. Sign up on CAG and get CheapyD a commission (you will want to make sure he gets a commission).

-T

[quote name='umcthomas']Once you are a member, you can have people sign on under you and once you get 5 people to sign up you get a free DS Lite.

I havn't heard of any other specials, but 3 ways to make the most of your gamefly subscription:

1. Sign up under someone else so your friend can earn a DS Lite (I'd ask you to sign up under me but I wouldn't ever get 4 other people to sign up).

2. Go to one of the "get free stuff" websites and get a free gift certificate for signing up (I don't reccommend this because it is time consuming).

3. Sign up on CAG and get CheapyD a commission (you will want to make sure he gets a commission).

-T[/quote]

how do i do that third one

[quote name='allstargamer2k2']are there any specials going on now to subscribe to gamefly>?[/QUOTE]

why anyone would want to go to gamefly it beyond me

Shipping is now 3 to 5 days each way. if a game dont get fast return expect the game to take at least 5 days to get back to them

5 days each way and keep the game for 5 days is only a 2 game turn around

4 game rentals for 22 bucks per month is very VERY hIGH

[quote name='allstargamer2k2']how do i do that third one[/quote]

There's a link in the "shop" menu on the first page. You might want to PM CheapyD and tell him you want to make sure he'll get a commission by following that link.

[quote name='slidecage']why anyone would want to go to gamefly it beyond me

Shipping is now 3 to 5 days each way. if a game dont get fast return expect the game to take at least 5 days to get back to them

5 days each way and keep the game for 5 days is only a 2 game turn around

4 game rentals for 22 bucks per month is very VERY hIGH[/quote]

Luckily, I do get fast return scanning from where I am. Turn around is still not great, but I plan my week around work and night classes so I use the "no game" time to catch up on homework. I try to use it for new release/high cost games only. I have considered using gamerush from blockbuster, but I will probably try gamefly a couple more months before swiching so I can give it a good comparison. My wife really likes it becasue it gets rid of the desire (for me) to buy games. I see a game on sale and pass it up because I could just rent it and if I bought it I'd start spending time playing it instead of the rental I'm paying for.

T

Seems People are finally leaving Gamefly and they need cash

I am writing you to let you know that, beginning in October, there will be limited advertising on the GameFly website.

While prominent advertisers have long had an interest in presenting their products to our members, we have waited until we could support advertising while maintaining an excellent experience.

We have no intention of cluttering the GameFly website. Many pages will contain no ads and the ones that do will contain only one advertisement. In addition, we will only allow ads for products and services that are consistent with the interests of our members.

Your feedback is welcome, as always. Please direct your emails to [email protected].

Sincerely,

Sean Spector/Co-Founder and Senior Vice President

Sooo they will get tons of money from these ADS yet still charge the normal prices.... Can you say Gamefly is losing its ass and needs to recoup some money before they go belly up,

[quote name='slidecage']Seems People are finally leaving Gamefly and they need cash

[/quote]

Yes, I got this email too. There is an email address provided to respond with thoughts on the ads. I considered emailing and saying something like:

Dear Gamefly,

You have no idea how happy I am that you are now putting ads on your site. For months now I have been aimlessly clicking all over your site and thinking how much I would like to get a quality product referral from you. These ads fit the bill. My experience has not been all bad up to now though. I really like the way you make the "keep it" option to buy used games very similar to the "rent it" option. That way I can buy games form you that I meant to rent and keep them forever. Since I know how high quality you are, from your expedited shipping time and no waiting to get new games, I will look forward to the price drop in your service that must be forthcoming thanks to the new ads.

Your customer,
umcthomas

[quote name='allstargamer2k2']that would totally rock if they drop the price! itll mkae my subscription alot better! right now ,i have 21 days free trial[/QUOTE]

gamefly will never drop their prices. when they got Thousands of suckers willing to pay 22 per month there is no reason to drop.

[quote name='slidecage']gamefly will never drop their prices. when they got Thousands of suckers willing to pay 22 per month there is no reason to drop.[/quote]

Wow slidecage, you really don't like GameFly. Based on your passionate hatred, I will consider cancelling at the end of this month even though I had thought I would give it 5-6 months when I first signed up. I would like to know if there is an alternative game subscription program that you do reccommend.

[quote name='umcthomas']Wow slidecage, you really don't like GameFly. Based on your passionate hatred, I will consider cancelling at the end of this month even though I had thought I would give it 5-6 months when I first signed up. I would like to know if there is an alternative game subscription program that you do reccommend.[/QUOTE]

well If your really thinking about cancell your account when you go into your account to cancell and it ask why. Put down it cost too much. Sometimes they give you an offer to stay one more month for 14.95 for 2 games at a time.

there is really nothing out there Gamesnflix but i heard that is worse then gamefly.

gamefly used to be good to me but the last 4 games all havent been fast return and each game takes 5 days each way. Meaning i be lucky to rent 4 to 5 games per month for 22 bucks

Im plan on cancelling on Oct 22 (when my account expires) i got a month for 14.95 last time by trying to cancell.

I might try the THIS COST TOO MUCH and see if they offer 14.95 per month again so they would be 3 months and i would get 5 game fly bucks (knocking the month to 9.95) If not i will cancell and then maybe try them again in 2007 to see if they got any better

I will give gamesnflix a try maybe in oct or I wont rent nothing (since i should have around 140 BBB from the mcdonalds promo and i will be able to buy the 4 to 5 DS games i want to play that way)

[quote name='slidecage']since i should have around 140 BBB from the mcdonalds promo and i will be able to buy the 4 to 5 DS games i want to play that way[/quote]

Do you eat a McDonald's alot or is there sneeker way to get those?

T

[quote name='umcthomas']Do you eat a McDonald's alot or is there sneeker way to get those?

T[/QUOTE]

i send in request by mail. They ripped down our closest mcdonalds to remodel it , so all my game pieces this year will come by mai;

bread's done
Back