Any games worth the whole $40+ ?

wiiheat

CAGiversary!
Ok, there's Mario, Zelda and Metroid. Minus those, any games actually worth $40 on the Wii? I'm having a hard time rationalizing going much above $25 for most of what is on the Wii. Other than as a NES/SNES/64/GC emulator I'm starting to have a hard time justifying this thing's existence in my entertainment center. Perhaps when better Boxing and Bowling simulators are released then I can jump in line (or online) for a full price Wii game; both Bruswicka nd Showtime lack features in Wii Sports.

Something I'm missing? Did a slate of high quality games get released that went over my head? Wii play is great, for the price, as is Link's target practice (again, for the price). Games get over that $25 mark, and I'm far less motivated as it is either A) A series of mini-games for $40 or B) A half-assed port with Wiimote control shoehorned into it like a Banana Split with Anchovies on top. Admittedly, Rayman's stupid fun, but with the $25 used after some kid got tired of it a week after release.

Well I didn't pay over $40 for any of those on your list and I got them close to day of release new & sealed. That's the power of being a CAG :)

SMG: $25 (TRU giftcard deal)
Metroid: $15 (google checkout $40 "mystery" discount)
Zelda: $30 (buy.com 20 off 50 last xmas)

So in my mind no game is worth full retail. There's almost always a way to get it cheaper.

But, games I've thoroughly enjoyed are:

Excite Truck
Trauma Center 2nd Opinion
Super Paper Mario

All of these are worth playing through to completion even though, again, I didn't pay full retail for any of them.

Off the top of my head:

Zack and Wiki
Fire Emblem
Guitar Hero 3
Resident Evil 4 - worth $50, imo. And I owned the GC version.

I've bought a ton of Wii games but none of them for retail price. Here's what I paid and how happy I am with my purchase.

Mario Party 8 (New) - $26 - Not worth it at all unless you do a lot of multiplayer.
Metroid Prime 3 (New) - $34 - Worth it, great game.
RE4 Wii (New) - $30 - Best $30 I spent in a long, long time. And yes, I played it multiple times on the GC and PS2.
Super Mario Galaxy (New) - $25 ($50 - $25 TRU giftcard) - I would pay $50. Easily the best game I've played this generation.
Super Paper Mario (New) - $26 - It was pretty good, I could've lived without it though.
WarioWare Smooth Moves (mint, complete) - $35 - The biggest waste of $35. It was fun but the multiplayer needs work (it's not really multiplayer, you share one Wiimote) and it can be beaten in like an hour. This is worth getting for $10.
Zelda TP (mint, complete) - $35 - Great game, definitely would've bought this for $50.

Here are the 4 games I have but haven't played yet.
Fire Emblem (New) - $34
The Godfather (New) - $20
REUC (New) - $34
Zack & Wiki (New) - $34 (Haven't played my copy but I have played it for an hour or so at my cousins.)

But of all of those, for a game that can be easily had for under $40, I'd definitely pick up RE4 and Zack & Wiki (which is $30 at CC this week I think).

fire emblem is worth it. And of course not for 40 but for 30 RE4 is a amazing, its one of the best games I have ever played.

For the whole "value" overall I'd definitely say the obvious Mario like you mentioned, as well as Fire Emblem, RE4, and Godfather. The last two being in the $30 range.

IMO, no those are the only 3 worth $40-50. RE4 is great if you haven't played it else where, but it's MSRP is $30. :D

Some games like Super Paper Mario, Sonic etc. are worth playing, but not for more than $20 IMO.

Oh, I suppose Fire Emblem is worth the money if you're a Strategy RPG fan, as it's supposedly a good game in the genre and pretty long (hate strategy RPGS personally).

[quote name='The Crotch']Wiiheat? Yeah, I'd like to thank you for making this thread. Thanks to this, I've died a little on the inside. Christ![/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. This type of thread is the same as all the "Recommend me some Wii games..." but in disguise.

[quote name='bmulligan']I totally agree with you. This type of thread is the same as all the "Recommend me some Wii games..." but in disguise.[/quote]Disguise? fuck me, he didn't even bother to throw Groucho Marx glasses on this thread before putting it up here.

Super Paper Mario, Medal Of Honor Heroes 2, The Godfather all worth every penny. (besides the stock Mario and Metroid)

bread's done
Back