Any games worthy of importing form Japan/Korea?

cupcakex1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Wsup everyone.

I'm planning on going to Korea & maybe(most likely) Japan in a couple of weeks. I was just wondering, is there any games that are worthy of buying and bringing it back? I might try to get Demon's Soul while I'm there, but I don't really know any other games that haven't been released here in NA. If you have any suggestions, don't hesitate and shoot me a reply. Thanks in advance!

I've got the English import of Aquanaut's Holiday and it's not bad. It's really slow paced/relaxing and has you basically identifying and taking pictures of fish. It looks great, but it's not for everyone. If you're into slow paced games, check it out.

Along the lines of Aquanaut I would recommend Afrika and if you like racing theres an Initial D game. Although I would be careful what you buy...I believe for all titles mentioned, including Demon's Soul, you will want the Asia edition generally sold in the former english colonies like Hong Kong. That edition generally has english translations or at the very least english manuals.

Anything you buy in Japan will likely have no translation.

I would use a site like Play-Asia to do some research as they generally have listings for both versions and will tell you how playable it is to an english speaker.

Then again, none of this is an issue if you speak the native languages....

I tried getting some of the games mentioned from both Play-Asia and a site called Renchi. Neither one has sent anything to me, updated me on how long it would take, nothing. I waited like a month for each one to hear some word but nothing. This is getting ridiculous.

If you like racing games, Initial D is pretty import friendly. Little confusing right at first, but there's translated instructions online.

Maybe you could get Japan PSN cards so you can purchase from the Japan PSN store. Not sure what kinds of games you're into. I'm mainly looking forward to the release of Garou MOTW (won't be for a while though).

Demon's Souls
Afrika
Aquanat's Holiday
Marvel vs. Tatsunoko
Siren:New Translation (although I have heard this is a bit crap)

There's piles of PSN stuff but I'm not too too knowledgeable about it. TheManaKnight is definitely the one to hit up for PSN knowledge. Definitely pick up some PSN cards so you can avoid the middleman fee.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Demon's Souls
Afrika
Aquanat's Holiday
Marvel vs. Tatsunoko
Siren:New Translation (although I have heard this is a bit crap)

There's piles of PSN stuff but I'm not too too knowledgeable about it. TheManaKnight is definitely the one to hit up for PSN knowledge. Definitely pick up some PSN cards so you can avoid the middleman fee.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Siren=ass. I'm upset I bought into the hype and got it.

I haven't personally played it myself, but I would give the 'FF VII' DLC game a try. All you would need to do is get a Japanese PSN account.

bread's done
Back