Any good 3DS XL deals going on or coming up?

Ginger Junk

Banned
I'm thinking of buying a 3DS XL. Anyone know of any deals?

Also, why doesn't Amazon sell it? I see it sold by a bunch of 3rd party sellers on Amazon, but not Amazon themselves.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']I'm thinking of buying a 3DS XL. Anyone know of any deals?

Also, why doesn't Amazon sell it? I see it sold by a bunch of 3rd party sellers on Amazon, but not Amazon themselves.[/QUOTE]

cause amazon wont take the risk of systems getting damaged in the mail (dont ask me why they think why nintendo items will get busted but nothing else will)

That's pretty funny really as nintendo has a reputation for there systems lastinga long time, 360's break all the time but i've never had a nintendo console stop working. i still have my original nes from 15 years ago and it works perfectly, had my first 360 for less than a year before it broke.

Kmarts $20 gaming coupon is all I can think of, that ends today Saturday August 25.
Toys R Us still has the free chat headset with purchase supposedly a $30 value. A few of the headsets are on eBay from people trying to flip, makes it more of a $16 value.
I suspect if sales are slow we'll see some pack ins or gift cards with purchase next month.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']So, no good deals then?[/QUOTE]

What I expect (AGAIN THESE ARE PURE GUESSES NOTHING TO BACK THEM UP AS FACT)

SEPT
Best offer will be at MEIJERS next week week when they have their meijer bucks 20 off 100
that will be about all in sept

OCT
Maybe a tie in deal with pokemon black/white 2 like buy a XL get pokemon for 9.99 (what isnt that good of a deal) love to see buy an XL get game free

maybe a few 20 buck or old free game tie ins

NOV
Day after thanksgiving 25 buck gift card or 1/2 old games with purchase of XL (but mostly will be deals for the DSI to clear them off the shelf i mean look last year at the lack of SALES on systems

Maybe a LIMITED ED SYSTEM PACKAGE I give this only a 10% chance

DEC
BUY system get old game free or a newer game at 50% off

BUT besides those guesses i doubt we will see more then that

If you look on the deals page there is many deals.

Right now you get a free case at BB and they will deal match with GS too so you can get your choice of Steel Diver or PilotWings Resort.

Next week sometime Kmart is giving a $40 GC with purchase of XL.

what you could do is try to buy at regular 3ds on ebay for around a 100 and then flip it to gamestop for their trade in program and then boom get a 3ds XL for that price.

i bought a used 3ds ambassador a few months ago for 109 total from cowboom and then i traded it to gamestop so i basically paid 109 for a 3dsxl

http://www.cowboom.com/product/806651 cowboom has the cheapest 3ds at 80 bucks with free ship so yea you could actually end up paying like 100 bucks for a 3ds xl if you want one right now

but you would have to act fast because the deal runs out in like 2 weeks

[quote name='slidecage']cause amazon wont take the risk of systems getting damaged in the mail (dont ask me why they think why nintendo items will get busted but nothing else will)[/QUOTE]

I thought it was the early issue with customers complaining that the screens were scratching each other. Supposedly there was a manufacturing issue where the screens stuck out too far.

[quote name='jms5118']That's pretty funny really as nintendo has a reputation for there systems lastinga long time, 360's break all the time but i've never had a nintendo console stop working. i still have my original nes from 15 years ago and it works perfectly, had my first 360 for less than a year before it broke.[/QUOTE]

People were probably complaining about the shoddy craftsmanship of the 3DS, so I'm guessing that's why they stopped.

[quote name='doctor lollypop']what you could do is try to buy at regular 3ds on ebay for around a 100 and then flip it to gamestop for their trade in program and then boom get a 3ds XL for that price.

i bought a used 3ds ambassador a few months ago for 109 total from cowboom and then i traded it to gamestop so i basically paid 109 for a 3dsxl

http://www.cowboom.com/product/806651 cowboom has the cheapest 3ds at 80 bucks with free ship so yea you could actually end up paying like 100 bucks for a 3ds xl if you want one right now

but you would have to act fast because the deal runs out in like 2 weeks[/QUOTE]

how is this even a deal? You buy the 3DS on ebay for 100 then trade it in to gamestop for $100 store credit. Isn't that basically the same? Gamestop is selling the 3DS XL for 199 not 100.

When will bundles be announced? I'm hoping for a black friday or holiday Green 3DS XL bundled with Luigi's Mansion and maybe another color bundled with Paper Mario.

[quote name='doctor lollypop']what you could do is try to buy at regular 3ds on ebay for around a 100 and then flip it to gamestop for their trade in program and then boom get a 3ds XL for that price.

but you would have to act fast because the deal runs out in like 2 weeks[/QUOTE]

ummm math wrong there buddy

You paid

109 for the system
you paid 100 bucks for the trade in

so you paid 209 for a 3DS XL what isnt bad with the ambassador games on it

RUMOR Is there will be some sort of MARIO PAPER STICKER BUNDLE ARound thanksgiving

BUT ready for this Price will be around 229

OUCH

[quote name='slidecage']ummm math wrong there buddy

You paid

109 for the system
you paid 100 bucks for the trade in

so you paid 209 for a 3DS XL what isnt bad with the ambassador games on it

RUMOR Is there will be some sort of MARIO PAPER STICKER BUNDLE ARound thanksgiving

BUT ready for this Price will be around 229

OUCH[/QUOTE]

Oh you right my math was a little wrong because i paid $117.99 for the 3ds XL

not 209 nice try though.

i traded in the used 3ds i bought for $109 for $100 leaving me 9 bucks in the hole

then i used that 100 credit against the 3ds XL which was 206 after taxes

so the math is

---------
+ 9 (that i personally lost from the trading the used 3ds)
----------------

Total 117.99

Dont tell me i did the math wrong i could show you the receipt

bread's done
Back