Any good arcade places near you guys?

indy2029

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Wondering if you guys cagers go to arcades. I would like some recommendations near Los Angeles, CA.

I still go play arcades at Dave and Busters, Family Arcade, Infinity Arcade, but I need to find more places!

It's a shame these places are all but dead.

All I have in my area is a Putt Putt Golf and a small thing in the mall. The only good one I've been to is the one at Cedar Point.

[quote name='indy2029']Wondering if you guys cagers go to arcades. I would like some recommendations near Los Angeles, CA.

I still go play arcades at Dave and Busters, Family Arcade, Infinity Arcade, but I need to find more places!

It's a shame these places are all but dead.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind telling us where Family Arcade and Infinity Arcade are? I'm in the greater LA area as well. I know an Arcade Infinity, in Rowland Heights inside the Diamond Plaza on 60 FWY and Fullerton Rd.

Only the greatest one in the world, Funspot.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HlsyQZaeZQ[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1siwbaOExk[/MEDIA]

There isn't shit around me (New River Valley area) and it's driving me fucking insane. It wouldn't be as bad if I hadn't experienced good arcade scenes thanks to previously living in San Diego and Okinawa.

I really enjoy pinball and it gets more and more difficult to find all the time. I like to go to this place (http://www.ssbilliards.com/) but it is about 45 minutes from where I live so I don't go too often. There is a huge place in Vegas that has, I believe, several hundred pinball machines. I really want to check it out someday.

Both malls here closed their arcades down some time ago.

There's an inPlay complex in Peoria, but I didn't really think it was that great.

Family Fun Center in Omaha, NE, is awesome and huge. It has a ton of Bemani games, and the entire upper area is full of classic arcade games, fighting games, various shooters and some rather strange games.

Champions Fun Center in Lincoln, NE, is pretty small, and has focused less on arcade games in recent years, and more on rides and stuff. Still an okay place.

We used to have a place called W.C. Franks, which closed right before the Bemani games started becoming prominent. I think it closed in 2000, possibly 2001.

In the local mall, there is a small "arcade" by the food court. They have DDR and House of the Dead (2, I think). It's a nice little diversion, if very underwhelming.

D&B on the Philly Water Front, D&B in Franklin Mills PA, Deptford Mall in NJ has a decent arcade, many boardwalks at various NJ beaches. Aside from that, I havent been to an arcade I really enjoyed in a while, D&B @ Penn's Landing doesnt have any good fighting games, just house of the dead and racing. Least Franklin Mills has Tekken 5 so 14 year olds can sweat my nuts.

OMG FAMILY ARCADE I used to go there every weekend with my brother and my dad 10 years ago. That place was the SHIT. I still pass by it once in a while. Man I miss that place.

There is a big old school arcade in San Francisco. It's right in between all the strip clubs so you can play Donkey Kong after you get a lap dance.

[quote name='Xevious']There is a big old school arcade in San Francisco. It's right in between all the strip clubs so you can play Donkey Kong after you get a lap dance.[/quote] can you get a lap dance while playing DK?

and in Seattle we have gameworks, then there is this a small arcade that has the simpsons game near the EMP.

There's Pier 39 near me (I forgot what the actual arcade there is called, I haven't been there in years), SFSU's student center, and Golfland, of course.

bread's done
Back