Any good cell phone plans out? (ie new SERO plans?)

ChoCoBoI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So my contract with Verizon is about to end soon and I'm looking to start a new family plan now with my parents. They said they wanted a GSM/SIM card service making it easier to go international and I want some sort of Android/smart phone plan now. Problem is I need to convince my Dad to get me one. Maybe if there are awesome deals out there I can have some leverage. I'm looking for something like 4 lines with 1 of them as a smart phone (unlimited data/messaging).

I think tmobile is your cheapest option. They have that "add a person for 5 dollars promo" also theyre plans are the cheapest out of all the major cell phone companies except maybe sprint ( Im not too sure of). I do know theyre cheaper then At&t and Verizon though.... Oh and BTW Tmobile uses sim cards so you would have that covered.

Sprint gets you the best bang for your buck. For a family plan with three phones, it costs 149.99. You get 1500 minutes, unlimited minutes to any cellphone, unlimited data and texting. You also get GPS, Sprint TV and visual voicemail(and a few other things I can't remember.) Any other carrier would charge for that stuff. Everything is pretty much included with that plan.
I have that plan with my parents on it and since I've been with Sprint for so long I get discounts... so the bill comes out to around 120 after taxes every month. that's hard to beat. :]
But you want a GSM phone... so I dunno :p

bungletrpg covered Sprint pretty well, but you specifically mentioned SERO plans - the Sprint employee referral plan isn't nearly as good now, and you can't roll existing SERO over to smartphones. Still, Sprint is a pretty good deal. I have the Evo and it's great. Android is definitely the way to go.

As for discounts, go here:
http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nxt/ais/wdyw.asp
If you're a college student, type in your college e-mail address, or tell your parents to try their work e-mail addresses. I get a decent discount that way. AT&T and Verizon have employer discount programs too, try searching on Google.

If you absolutely need GSM, forget about Verizon and Sprint. They use CDMA. Still, it's a LOT cheaper to just pick up a one time use phone when you go traveling. You don't have to pay exorbitant per-minute rates, you get a local phone number, and you can just dump it when you're done. Simple.

The best plan is with Virgin Mobile, $25 a month nets you 300 minutes and unlimited text and data. Just get a cheap Blackberry off Craigslist and you're set.

bread's done
Back