Any good deals on "Shadow of the Giant" by Orson Scott Card?

the only series i read was the ender's game one, then i heard he made like three more books after the last one i read. is this part of that series or another one?

i think i read up to the last book of the one where he's older. xenocide i think or hedgemon of something. then i realize they made a couple about another kid in the book.

I stopped reading after about halfway through Xenocide. I read a few chapters of Children of The Mind and I didn't feel any connection with the characters anymore. Series should have went in a different direction or ended at the second book.

[quote name='opportunity777']I stopped reading after about halfway through Xenocide. I read a few chapters of Children of The Mind and I didn't feel any connection with the characters anymore. Series should have went in a different direction or ended at the second book.[/QUOTE]
Well, if you skipped the 2nd half of Xenocide, which is basically an entire book in itself, you wouldn't feel any connection. I'm a huge fan of this series. A lot of people feel a disconnect after Ender's Game, because after that, they're entirely different books. A lot slower paced, a lot less action, more emotion, moral dilemma's, and character development.

Theres also a big disconnect after Ender's Game, because most of the other characters didn't go with Ender, and you never see them again (until the Ender's Shadow books, anyway).

Also, OP, you might want to check out Advent Rising when it comes out, Orson Scott Card wrote the story for it.

bread's done
Back