any good deals on World of Warcraft?

Via the good people at digg:

This month's issues of both PC Gamer (Warhammer RTS cover story) and CGW (Age of Empires III cover story) have free, two week trial versions of World of Warcraft.

The disc(s) included are the whole game and after the 2 week trial, you could just continue on paying a monthly fee or by adding a gamecard.

[quote name='jeffispiked']Via the good people at digg:

This month's issues of both PC Gamer (Warhammer RTS cover story) and CGW (Age of Empires III cover story) have free, two week trial versions of World of Warcraft.

The disc(s) included are the whole game and after the 2 week trial, you could just continue on paying a monthly fee or by adding a gamecard.[/QUOTE]

Please let this be true. Does anyone know if these issues are on newsstands yet?

That is false. You need to buy a retail copy of the game once your trial period expires, sorry to burst people's bubbles.

[quote name='Blamo']That is false. You need to buy a retail copy of the game once your trial period expires, sorry to burst people's bubbles.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that Blamo is correct. After all, why would Blizzard give it away while it is still flying off the shelves.

I went ahead and picked it up for $40 at Best Buy yesterday. Not a great deal, but not bad either.

I picked up PC Gamer today and spent the last 3 hours playing a Tauren Druid. I honestly don't see what everyone is praising about this game. Feels just like City of Heroes (the only other MMORPG I've played) with a little more polish. It's still: go here, kill this, or: go here, get this, come back.

bread's done
Back