Any good game rental services?

dejeckt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I tried reading up on game rental services, but it seems all the ones cag users have recommended in the past went under (such as intothegame.com). Now the only two (that I know of) is Gamefly and Gamerang; it appears that both doesn't seems to have that great of a reputation. However, majority of the reviews I have read were dated from 2002ish-2006ish. I was wondering which of the two (or even another service) warrants the least amount of headache.

I really don't want to go through the hoops of games constantly getting lost in the mail, and I expect to be able to get a newly released game at least by a month after its release. I live around the sacramento area; so far one cag had said the turnaround time for gamefly in sacramento area were horrible.

Go to your local Hollywood Video (or Gamecrazy area) and see if the powerplay looks like a better deal for you. I have been a member of gamefly for over 3 years and am going to end my service this month due to slow shipping times and issues getting the game I want to play in my queue without waiting 2 weeks with no game!

It maybe slightly more expensive to do the local thing but you have better control of your rentals that you want to play. They even include real game manuals!

If I can find the "power-play" info flyer I'll post it in this thread if it would help.

anything would help...
I do rent from blockbuster occasionally, but I never liked going to a store to rent a game because...
1. you'll never leave with the game you wanted (well at least for me)
2. I usually never go out just for Blockbuster/hollywood video
4. a pain to return stuff (iono y, lazy I guess)
I would've loved if there was a hollywood video/blockbuster in walking distance then going to the store would be a much more viable option.

regardless, I will check out power-play
thanks for the info

With the free ECA memberships going around, there's a free trial of Gamefly (a month?) you can sign up for. You should also try that for your own opinion of them. Can't hurt for free, right?

bread's done
Back