Any good import shops in the Vancouver area?

good game store-EB Games-THE BEST GAME STORE IN CANADA!
Import-well, they are all over-priced, but Gamedeals in New west and Ground Zero in Surrey might have some cool stuff...

Last time I went to Ground Zero a couple months ago I was EXTREMELY disappointed. The store is a third the size it used to be, the selection sucked (I didn't even see any imports), and everything was overpriced. I think EB's killed them.

As for import stores there isn't much that I know of. Try Half Moon Books down on Marine. They're a bookstore, but they have a small selection of import games and they're nice people. Their selection doesn't change much, and some stuff is kinda overpriced cause it's been there for years.

There's probably something in Yaohan Centre, I know I've seen stuff there before. But if you're not Asian (or at least with some Asians) it's not worth your time to go in.

What about the Book Off downtown? I picked up a ton of used games at the Book Off's in Japan, and I know the locations in Southern California carry used Japanese games.

I generally don't do imports (other than a few odds & ends that happen to come in). Too many things that only a select few would want, and I can't get it any cheaper than your price online would be anyway. Off the top of my head I don't know of any import stores in the GVA, but I would suggest just going to Playasia.com as they usually hook me up with whatever I need at a reasonable price.

We've got Pink Godzilla down here in Seattle, and with the large Asian population in B.C., I figured there might a couple stores that I could check out just for fun while visiting for the weekend. Play Asia is great and all, but it doesn't do much for fun vacation-inspired impulse shopping.

Although I've never really looked into it... there are all those little asian stores around Metrotown mall selling all kinds of crazy anime / video game stuff. Try there.

[quote name='EggViper']Although I've never really looked into it... there are all those little asian stores around Metrotown mall selling all kinds of crazy anime / video game stuff. Try there.[/quote]Crystal Mall? If you go in there, make sure you're Asian or have an Asian person do the talking while you stand outside. Otherwise 2x the price my friend.

bread's done
Back