Any hype for Bard's Tale? (Fable Hype Over)

Arakias

CAGiversary!
Feedback
116 (100%)
Just wondering what people are thinking about Bard's tale, I assume it comes out for Xbox as well as PS2 (I have PS2). It got an 8.2 review from IGN so its definately good, and its different take on the RPG genre sounds intriguing.
(I didnt see any thread on this game already, so heres the start of one)

Well I wouldn't consider 8.2 to necessarily be definitely good.. I've played many a 8-8.5 game that I found horrendous (as well as 4-6 games I found excellent).

However, while I'm a big fan of the original.. I'm a bit sick of the Snowblind engine after both Baldur's Gates, Champions of Norrath, D&D Heroes, etc. I'll probably wait for a huge price drop before I pick this one up.

If the humor is as good as the original though, it should be quite the funny time.

Well yeah, good was a general term by which I meant saying its quite playable and possible entertaining. I know that great games are of a different caliber. Even games like Wind Waker which got a 9.6 are not that highly rated in my opinion, but still of very good quality.

[quote name='Indiana']When does this come out? I may want to do a trade at Gamerush for this game.[/quote]

According to ebgames.com, 10/26/04.

[quote name='The Gifuto'][quote name='Indiana']When does this come out? I may want to do a trade at Gamerush for this game.[/quote]

According to ebgames.com, 10/26/04.[/quote]

Poor Bard's Tale, coming out the same day as GTA:SA.

Yeah, I didnt realize that was the same day, and at the rate this thread is growing, sadly, I guess the excitement just isnt there. Cornfedwb and Chicken Hawk might be right that its best to wait for a drop.
But then an innovative game like this might suffer a fate like Beyond Good and Evil.

[quote name='Arakias']Yeah, I didnt realize that was the same day, and at the rate this thread is growing, sadly, I guess the excitement just isnt there. Cornfedwb and Chicken Hawk might be right that its best to wait for a drop.
But then an innovative game like this might suffer a fate like Beyond Good and Evil.[/quote]

By innovative I'm assuming you're referring to its humor (which isn't really innovative.. games have been funny or atleast tried to be since the Atari days)... because the gameplay itself is a rehash of a rehash of a rehash.

Also waiting for a price drop on this. I bought Champions of Norrath at $30 and Baldur's Gate II at $40. They dropped in price before I even got a chance to remove the shrinkwrap to play them (I have a huge backlog of games...). I've learnt my lesson.

My favorite game type is hack n' slash RPGs, which is why Xmen Legends is one of my favorite games for this console generation. I'll definitely be picking this up when it drops in price. But honestly, with fairly "recent" games going for $5-$10 at EB (Kill.Switch, Simpsons Hit & Run, Alias, etc), there's no point in spending full price on any game. I'll just wait until the summer and pick it up for $10.

I want this one too, but am also going to wait until the price drops 2 days later. I don't understand why anyone would even release a game in the same month of GTA.

[quote name='Eric467']I want this one too, but am also going to wait until the price drops 2 days later. I don't understand why anyone would even release a game in the same month of GTA.[/quote]

Halo 2?

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Eric467']I want this one too, but am also going to wait until the price drops 2 days later. I don't understand why anyone would even release a game in the same month of GTA.[/quote]

Halo 2?[/quote]

:?
:whistle2:k

Yeah, I wouldn't pick this up either....the only games I tend to get right away are LIVE playable ones and sports ones, since they have the most replayability.

i'm not a BIG RPG fan anways, although I am currently enjoying my $9 copy of Fable. I feel that games like this, I can wait until they are cheap if i want them.

Sports games you have to live the moment though, since they have new ones each year (and I like my NEW sports each year)

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Eric467']I want this one too, but am also going to wait until the price drops 2 days later. I don't understand why anyone would even release a game in the same month of GTA.[/quote]

Halo 2?[/quote]

:whistle2:k[/quote]

Yeah I'm an idiot, I realize that now. But still they are within a month of release of each other.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Eric467']I want this one too, but am also going to wait until the price drops 2 days later. I don't understand why anyone would even release a game in the same month of GTA.[/quote]

Halo 2?[/quote]

Yeah I'm an idiot, I realize that now. But still they are within a month of release of each other.[/quote]

Actually they are within about two weeks of each other. \:D/

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Eric467']I want this one too, but am also going to wait until the price drops 2 days later. I don't understand why anyone would even release a game in the same month of GTA.[/quote]

Halo 2?[/quote]

Yeah I'm an idiot, I realize that now. But still they are within a month of release of each other.[/quote]

Actually they are within about two weeks of each other. \:D/[/quote]

HA HA see that makes it worse, err...Aww to hell with it

lol. Halo 2 adds to it. I just don't like seeing so many potentially great games released right when there's the "big sellers". I'd prefer they waited until next year, when I know it will be pretty slow. I understand the idea of "well we have to get it out by Christmas", but it just seems silly to me. I've got so many games that are must haves this year that half of them I won't even get the time to play next year.

Anyways I've been reading a bit about Bard's Tale, it looks good, and the humor is always a plus for me, so I'll definitely pick it up when the price drops.

If they are both there, I'm planning to pick up this and GTA:SA tommorow. I've got to figure out what the third game I'd want is, though.

I pre-ordered this when along with GTA: SA and DOA: U during the $20 preorder Gamerush deal. EVen though it uses the Snowblind engine, it does set itself apart in that all the spells (songs) are summons. In addition, it is supposed to be a little more open ended than the other similar titles. Finally, the IGN guy said it was the funniest game he ever played. even if that is not true, it should be good for some laughs.

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='lord_ebonstone']I won't be touching it til it's

[quote name='nikkai'][quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='lord_ebonstone']I won't be touching it til it's

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl']
well no you dont have to pay money to touch a game at all you can just go to a game store and ask to touch it[/quote]

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='lord_ebonstone']I won't be touching it til it's

bread's done
Back