Any ideas of upcoming sales on a PS3?

AftComet

CAGiversary!
Anyway, I've decided to buy a PS3. I'm going to wait a while because I'm too busy to use one right now anyway, and I'm not willing to pay $249 for one. Do you think there will be one during boxing day for say $199 or better? I'm not looking for a big HDD or anything special. I'd rather pay as little as possible for a console without any extras. Sort of like the Xbox 360 4GB for $129 that FS/BB has last year without any games and whatnot. In fact, I'd prefer a PS3 without a HDD because that way I could insert my own for cheap!

Also these are the games I bought:

Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
GOW I/II Collection
GOW III
R&C FTOD
R&C TCIT
MGS4
inFamous
The Sly Collection

Will get UC3 and IF2 when the drop in price and after I'm done playing all of these games. Not interested in LBP, looks like it'll get boring fast. And Resistance and Killzone I could not care less about as I've had enough of shooters for now.

I picked up a refurb 160GB slim from EB last year for $229, put in my own 600GB HDD and it's worked like a dream. They recently dropped them to $149 and I'm probably going to pick up another for the living room and do the same thing.

Hard Drive prices have gone up a lot due to the flooding in Thailand you may want to wait for to put in a bigger HD for the price to come back down.

I thought I read somewhere that it may take about a year before the prices to come down and they may never reach the cheap levels we've seen previously. So it may be a somewhat of a long wait...

True, I forgot about HDD prices. I think I may have a spare 320GB laying around. I'll look into IF2 as well.

Boxing Day or nothing, IMO. That will probably be your only chance, unless you scout some private stores with used consoles or whatever.

I would keep an eye out for some Cyber Monday deals tomorrow. You might even be able to get one of the Holiday Bundles for $199 if anyone still has them in stock.

You've already got a great selection of games for whenever you do get one. I've played all of those and they're all really good.

bread's done
Back