any interest in As Is 60GB Playstation 3 $150 shipped

Jedi1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
191 (100%)
I have a 60 GB Playstation 3 that was basically used for Blu-ray...but now freezes after about 10 minutes of bluray playback, DVDs work fine and i cant test any games since i dont have any PS3 games currently. These problems started happening after it was updated to 3.00, it is currently 3.10 and i did reformat the hard drive but the problem is still there.

From what i read it would cost $150 to get it repaired at Sony but I dont really feel like dealing with that so i am offering it here first before i trade it in to gamestop for $145...I would like to try to get $150

I do have the original box but it is a little beat up...the ps3 is cosmetically in great shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly I would let them tell me its broken...my local gamestops do test the systems. If it comes up not working then i will just go to ebay.

I really believe this has to be a software issue since Sony did some rushed half-assed updates recently, they just dont want to admit it.

I am not even sure how they fix it when you send it in...maybe the software causes the drive to malfunction, so they replace the drive and all is well, I dont know

[quote name='Jedi1979']honestly I would let them tell me its broken...my local gamestops do test the systems. If it comes up not working then i will just go to ebay.

I really believe this has to be a software issue since Sony did some rushed half-assed updates recently, they just dont want to admit it.

I am not even sure how they fix it when you send it in...maybe the software causes the drive to malfunction, so they replace the drive and all is well, I dont know[/QUOTE]

If it was a software issue they would just downgrade the software for you then send it back and say, hey, we fixed the problem, but don't do any updates for awhile. That'll be $150 please, lol.

[quote name='punjabi_munda']this is quite common with the 60gb models.
If you ship it to sony, they will send you a refurb 80gb model.[/QUOTE]

THAT IS A LIE

I have 2 60gb model, yes two..
one had this problem couldn't play neither blu-ray nor ps3 game
ps2,ps1,dvd worked fine.

I return the system need to pay little over 100, it works fine
they DO NOT give you 80gb model. I would fcking sue sony if that ever happend.

bread's done
Back