Any lag with wireless controllers with Socom 2?

dwsscs

CAGiversary!
I was looking at buying one of the wireless controllers, but unsure if the lag will affect the online play. Anyone have experience with it, and does anyone use one of the cheaper ones with it also.

A couple people in my clan [dbu] have the Logitech one and have said it works great. Sorry I have no personal experience to speak of.

I don't recommend using a wireless controller if you also have wireless internet. My Linksys wireless B connection screws up my controller, causing double taps, and odd directional moves. You really can't play wireless online games with a wireless controller . . . or at least that's how it is for me.

I use my logitech cordless everyday for socom2, with no problems. the problem mook is having might be because both his router and controller run of 2.4 ghz frequency though, I had a similar problem with my router and a cordless phone a while back.

[quote name='dwsscs']I was looking at buying one of the wireless controllers, but unsure if the lag will affect the online play. Anyone have experience with it, and does anyone use one of the cheaper ones with it also.[/quote]

If you're just a casual player and don't mind putting up with little oddities that can occur every so often, and would like a wireless controller, then yeah, the Logitech works fine. However, when playing SOCOM, I get these very brief instances where the controller causes my aim to over-swing by a good bit, which is easily corrected, which is probably due to slow response. It can get really bad when my 5.8GHz rings, also. Overall, the control was worth the $30 I spent on it. The buttons are a little stiff, though, making games like MGS3 which use the analog button feature a slight pain. SOCOM 2 also uses that feature for crouching, standing, and proning. I know that bothered me quite a bit.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']I use my logitech cordless everyday for socom2, with no problems. the problem mook is having might be because both his router and controller run of 2.4 ghz frequency though, I had a similar problem with my router and a cordless phone a while back.[/quote]

Do you know how I could remedy my problem, Snotnose? Will an upgrade to Wireless G help me out?

bread's done
Back