Any manga artists / experts out there?

orphicblue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I haven't really talked about it before, but I'm an amateur manga artist / writer and I'd like to improve my abilities. I was hoping there might be someone out there who might be an artist and/or could shine the light of knowledge upon my pitiful self as to any resources or advice that have proved helpful to you. I'm just starting out doing my own designs, so any shred of anything is appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Orph

21585.jpg

:D

Here a couple of things for artists in general:

1. If you can take life drawings classes. This will help you with body proportions and perspective.

2. If you can't take a class, buy life drawing books. There's Bridgemans and the infamous black book (anatomy something). It's known among fellow artists.

3. Learn from your favorite artists by books, internet, etc..

4. Take your sketchbook and draw people in public places ie..mall, parks, starbucks, etc...

5. Draw as much as possible.

6. Don't be afraid to use references.

7. If you get stuck, stop and come back to it later. I've had moments where I didn't know what to do with a section. I'd go and smoke a cigarette, watch some tv and come back to it with a clear mind.

Granted you might not like how your artwork turns out in the beginning. But keep practicing and you'll get there.

bread's done
Back