Any multi-player Pokemon RPGs?

bmsdaddy

CAGiversary!
My 8-year old son is crazy about all things Pokemon. He constantly wants me to play Pokemon video games with him and, though I try, they seem to be pretty dull. Other than the advice of, "direct his attention elsewhere", are there any 2-player Pokemon RPGs? I think that would help hold my attention longer. The only Pokemon game I have played with him is one that downloads to the Wii, can't recall the name, and it seems to be a mindless shooter with a tiny bit of strategy/action. I know he would just love it if I played longer, but it is so difficult to keep from being bored to tears. Appreciate any help you can offer.

PS: Despite my sons young age, he is very adept at video games so complexity will not likely be an issue.

The games are multipplayer if you have two of them and a ds. If you have a wii get battle revloution its like the old stadium games and it even has online play.

Thanks, we do have several DSs and he does have a few DS Pokemon games. I will have to look into that Battle Revolution as I would prefer playing on a big screen and I would prefer not having to buy multiple cartridges for the DS.

Another question, I was just looking at some of his DS Pokemon games and noticed that some say that they can connect with other Pokemon games. Does this mean that two people can play together with different versions? Or does it just mean that you can swap Pokemon and/or items?

Again, I appreciate the help as I know very little about Pokemon.

Yes a lot of the ds games can interact. It depends on what versions he has. You can also use the ds as a controller for battle revolution and use you pokemon on the ds games as well.

The DS Pokemon really just let you swap pokemon and battle each other, although I think there a few short minigames in some of them as well. You may want to look into Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Wii as there a quite a few Pokemon in that game that you can play as. It's a pretty fun fighting game, so I'm sure you won't be bored as well :)

Im big into pokemon.

I say go with the latest games for a wider variety.
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Explorers of the Sky

All great pokemon games to play and have some RPG elements to them.
Hope your kid enjoys.

Also if you look on Amazon you'll notice there are earlier versions for cheaper.

Thanks everybody! We do have Battle Revolution for the Wii as well as Diamond, Platinum, Pearl, SoulSilver, and Mystery Dungeon for the DS. May have others as well in his room, but these are the ones I found in our Nintendo cabinet.

Also we do have Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and I do play that with him at times, but it isn't my type of game either; always ends up a button smashfest for me :)

I am always looking for other games to play with my son too, we have beaten all of the Lego Star Wars, Batman, and Indiana Jones games together and will be getting the Lego Harry Potter game when it comes out. I enjoy playing video games with him and I know he likes it very much as well.

If you have HG/SS/ Platinum I THINK you can battle over Wifi with random opponent. I am sure you can with a friend. There are a bunch of different modes with different rules.

bread's done
Back