Any New Yorkers going the yankee game tonight?

Jrunt20x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I picked up my tickets today. I was wondering if any other NYC CAGs are gonna be at the game tonight? It should be an exciting game with Johnson pitching and Wells for the Sox. Anyway, let's go yanks!

I wish I could, the last Yankees game I went to was in summer '03 to watch them beat the RedSox. I'm going to try to make a game this year when I fly out there in August.

I would've been...if tickets were possible to get. :lol: My cousin is going, and a friend is hitting the bleachers.

I went to my first Yankee game July 2nd 2004...one of the best games i've ever seen. I'm probably gonna go back again this summer.

Go Yanks!

[quote name='Scahom1']I went to my first Yankee game July 2nd 2004...one of the best games i've ever seen. I'm probably gonna go back again this summer.

Go Yanks![/QUOTE]

Yankee Stadium is a trashbin, though Fenway is no better.

[quote name='souljah420']I would love to go and see the yankees get whipped

I think they are awarding the Red Sox their WS rings too
HAHAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that wonderful, thought provoking post. You have affirmed my feelings that there are people who are dumber than Gamefaqs users.

The Sox get their WS rings at the Boston home opener (against the Yanks).

I can't wait for the game, but needless to say I'll be rooting for the other team.

[quote name='Jrunt20x']I picked up my tickets today. I was wondering if any other NYC CAGs are gonna be at the game tonight? It should be an exciting game with Johnson pitching and Wells for the Sox. Anyway, let's go yanks![/QUOTE]

sorry it is hard to top such stimulating content

[quote name='souljah420']sorry it is hard to top such stimulating content[/QUOTE]

Oh, no, it's not what I said. It's the fact that you brought in needless trolling. Rock was respectful and mature about being a Sox fan and I respect his opinions. You're not.

I just hate the yankees
that is my opinion
sorry if i hurt your feelings little guy

btw the ring ceromony is april 11 at boston's home opener vs the yankees

[quote name='souljah420']I just hate the yankees
that is my opinion
sorry if i hurt your feelings little guy

btw the ring ceromony is april 11 at boston's home opener vs the yankees[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Mr. Met.

no I don't like the mets either

but I just absolutely hate the yankees

yeah that was a real tough break when they blew a 3-0 lead though

any of u guys remember that?

Whatever, let him be. No need to feed trolls. It should be interesting to see how Johnson does tonight. I wonder how well he'll take to pitching in NY. And it's nice Tino is back. Ah, I'm leaving in an hour, I am so pumped!!

[quote name='Jrunt20x']Whatever, let him be. No need to feed trolls. It should be interesting to see how Johnson does tonight. I wonder how well he'll take to pitching in NY. And it's nice Tino is back. Ah, I'm leaving in an hour, I am so pumped!![/QUOTE]

Sucks that the weather is shitty--I hope you got some nice seats under the 2cd level. :)

As for when I go, I usually only get 12th row 3rd base side box seats. :D

[quote name='Rich']Yankee Stadium is a trashbin, though Fenway is no better.[/QUOTE]
At least Fenway and Yankee Stadium have some appeal and nostalgia... Shea Stadium is the biggest dump in baseball.

I'll be watching the game on TV tonight, but I somehow managed to get tickets for the Fenway home opener, so I'm skipping classes on Monday to fly up to Boston for the game. I wouldn't mind seeing Randy Johnson get lit up tonight, if for anything so my Yankee fan roommate will stay quiet.

Wow, what a game. That was amazing. No need to say anything else, you guys saw it. and i had amazing seats, box 19 4th row. By the 8th inning i made it down to the front row. Simply amazing.

The Yankees looked great last night. It was especially gratifying to watch them crush Boston. I had no idea just how good their lineup is this year. It was good to see Martinez back on the team as well.

I loved the signs that a bunch of people had made up that said something to the effect of: "Next Boston World Series win - 2090".

[quote name='miniarnold']The Yankees looked great last night. It was especially gratifying to watch them crush Boston. I had no idea just how good their lineup is this year. It was good to see Martinez back on the team as well.

I loved the signs that a bunch of people had made up that said something to the effect of: "Next Boston World Series win - 2090".[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that was really clever :roll:

[quote name='m1lesteg']Oh yeah, that was really clever :roll:[/QUOTE]

What's the matter? Are you a Boston fan that has realized a good deal of the talent cashed in and left the team in the off-season and the Sox are back to being mediocre?

[quote name='miniarnold']What's the matter? Are you a Boston fan that has realized a good deal of the talent cashed in and left the team in the off-season and the Sox are back to being mediocre?[/QUOTE]

You're right. It's only a 5-game season, and the first game is clearly indicative of future performance. They might as well hand out the rings to you guys, already.

Tell that to the 13 out of 14 baseball prospectus writers that favor the Sox. What about the New York Post author (Joel Sherman) who also has the Sox winning?

You're horribly misguided if you think the Sox and Yankees aren't going to make the post-season.

[quote name='m1lesteg']You're right. It's only a 5-game season, and the first game is clearly indicative of future performance. They might as well hand out the rings to you guys, already.

Tell that to the 13 out of 14 baseball prospectus writers that favor the Sox. What about the New York Post author (Joel Sherman) who also has the Sox winning?

You're horribly misguided if you think the Sox and Yankees aren't going to make the post-season.[/QUOTE]

I know the Yankees will make the playoffs. It's the Red Sox I'm not so sure about.

Don't get too upset. The Red Sox don't have to give the title to the Yankees for a few more months. A Red Sox title is like Haley's Comet, you've got to enjoy it for the rare moment it's here.

[quote name='miniarnold']I know the Yankees will make the playoffs. It's the Red Sox I'm not so sure about.

Don't get too upset. The Red Sox don't have to give the title to the Yankees for a few more months. A Red Sox title is like Haley's Comet, you've got to enjoy it for the rare moment it's here.[/QUOTE]

Just like you "knew" the Yankees were going to win last year, right?

You're being ridiculous if you don't expect both teams to make the playoffs, and you did a good job completely ignoring the bulk of my previous post, and instead of coming up with a legitamite argument spat out some retarded metaphor that just makes you look ignorant.

I'm not going to compare our pitching with last year's pitching just yet, as it's only been one game. But, I can attest that this is an arguably better offense than last year's, which, by the way, led the league in runs/game, runs scored, doubles, triples, batting average, OBP, and SLG.

Now, why don't you come up with something a little more substantial and intelligent before spouting off some useless dribble that just makes you look foolish. Sound good, champ?

[quote name='m1lesteg']Just like you "knew" the Yankees were going to win last year, right?

You're being ridiculous if you don't expect both teams to make the playoffs, and you did a good job completely ignoring the bulk of my previous post, and instead of coming up with a legitamite argument spat out some retarded metaphor that just makes you look ignorant.

I'm not going to compare our pitching with last year's pitching just yet, as it's only been one game. But, I can attest that this is an arguably better offense than last year's, which, by the way, led the league in runs/game, runs scored, doubles, triples, batting average, OBP, and SLG.

Now, why don't you come up with something a little more substantial and intelligent before spouting off some useless dribble that just makes you look foolish. Sound good, champ?[/QUOTE]

Ouch... Must have hit the nail right on the head to ellicit so much emotion.

Champ is right. 26 times baby!!

See you in 2090:

10504766_F_store.jpg

14319564_F_store.jpg

14319659_F_store.jpg

[quote name='miniarnold']I know the Yankees will make the playoffs. It's the Red Sox I'm not so sure about.

Don't get too upset. The Red Sox don't have to give the title to the Yankees for a few more months. A Red Sox title is like Haley's Comet, you've got to enjoy it for the rare moment it's here.[/QUOTE]

remember this statement:

the yankees will never win another title until George Steinbrenner relinquishes control. It won't happen, and no amount of money is ever going to buy them a title. Paper champions dominate the regular season but can never win the big one even if they get close. He meddles too much and that team has all the chemistry of an all-star team

[quote name='miniarnold']Ouch... Must have hit the nail right on the head to ellicit so much emotion.

Champ is right. 26 times baby!!

See you in 2090[/QUOTE]

Damn right you're eliciting emotion. You're just another dumb shit who knows jack about the game and can only throw petty insults around. I'll stoop to your level just once, though.

Even it takes another 86 years for us to win another title, who knows how long we're going to have to wait for another team to choke like the Yankees did.

arod-chokes.jpg

iChoke.jpg

ArodPurse.jpg

bread's done
Back