Any News On Max Payne 3?

SpeedyG

CAGiversary!
As we head into the greatness that is E3. I suddenly realized that it had been almost two years since I'd heard anything about the third Max Payne game.

Does anyone happen to have any new info on it?

Yeah, I think that Alan Wake is a side-project before they work on it. Kinda like how Rockstar's working on the table tennis game and Bully before announcing/working on the next GTA.

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, I think that Alan Wake is a side-project before they work on it. Kinda like how Rockstar's working on the table tennis game and Bully before announcing/working on the next GTA.[/QUOTE]

Rockstar North (the developer of GTA) isn't working on either Table Tennis (made by Rockstar San Diego) or Bully (made by Rockstar Vancouver).

[quote name='TimPV3']Wasn't GTA on PSP made by Rockstar Leeds (sp?), so it really doesn't matter which Rockstar works on it?[/QUOTE]

How do you figure that it doesn't matter? I haven't played it yet (don't have a PSP), but I here LCS wasn't as good as the other ones.

[quote name='TimPV3']Wasn't GTA on PSP made by Rockstar Leeds (sp?), so it really doesn't matter which Rockstar works on it?[/QUOTE]
The core console series is Rockstar North's baby.

It does matter which division of does a game. Remember, that most of their divisions used to be totally separate companies altogether, before Rockstar/Take 2 bought them. Rockstar Leeds used to be Mobius Entertainment, Rockstar San Diego used to be Angel Studios, Rockstar North used to be DMA Design, et cetera. It's not one big company, but a lot of totally separate companies under one banner.

While they may have handed the portable GTAs off to other divisions, I think Rockstar North will jealously guard, and keep, GTA on consoles as "their game."

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Rockstar North (the developer of GTA) isn't working on either Table Tennis (made by Rockstar San Diego) or Bully (made by Rockstar Vancouver).[/quote]

Rockstar's subsidiary developers sound like CSI spinoffs.

Why would there be a Max Payne 3? Everything has been exploited in the 2 games so there's nothing left to be used for a third game.

bread's done
Back