Any NGP preorders out there yet?

eataburger

CAGiversary!
The 3DS launch reminded me how much I want an NGP when it comes out.

Since I still have some bones from a tax refund, I'd like to put down a good deposit on one before I spend it on something stupid.

Does anyone know if there's any preorders yet for NGP?

I don't think it even has a launch date or price point yet, so I don't think any retailers have bothered to make a guess. There'll probably be more info at E3.

[quote name='Mr.']Probably $999 at GS.[/QUOTE]

That was the original pre-order price in the US. I guess I'll have to wait a bit before they start taking preorders in Canada.

I love console launches like I love the NBA draft. It's all about potential!

Even though I'm not really interested in the 3DS, I'm caught up in the launch cause it's exciting to have new systems come out.

$999 is just a placeholder until they know the real price. I heard it was going to be $250 for Wifi and $350 for 3G but that's just a rumor.

[quote name='zero383']$999 is just a placeholder until they know the real price. I heard it was going to be $250 for Wifi and $350 for 3G but that's just a rumor.[/QUOTE]

sorry if that is the case it will crush the 3ds (since it weighs more :)

I doubt it will be $250.00 though. It has much more superior hardware than the 3DS. Unless they're selling it at a loss and making money off games?

[quote name='zero383']I doubt it will be $250.00 though. It has much more superior hardware than the 3DS. Unless they're selling it at a loss and making money off games?[/QUOTE]

I'm expecting somewhere around $350 for the base model. Based on the tech involved, it probably costs them that to make them.

From what Sony's being saying (and not saying) regarding the price point, it looks like the base unit will be comparable in price to the 3DS, with the 3G model (obviously) being more.

I'm thinking 249.99/349.99 is most likely, though 299.99/399.99 is possible (and the absolute most I'd be willing to pay).

349.99 is pricing it higher than the PS3. I know Sony is occasionally (often) very dumb, but even they can't be that dumb.

Can they?

3DS is priced higher than a Wii, and the PSP was priced higher than the PS2 when the PSP launched.

Personally I don't think the base model will be over $300, but the prices in the console space has nothing to do with the prices in the mobile space, or shitty phones wouldn't cost $500.

Sony told Bloomberg that the NGP might be delayed due to the earthquake and will probably come out in 1 area this year. My guess the area would be Asia.

Until there are actual preorders (or even real information) available, can this speculation be moved to the Sony forums? It doesn't belong in the deals forums when there is nothing that can even be bought.

bread's done
Back