Any of the Halflife games?

Gamedefeater

CAG Veteran
Very interested in this series. If anyone can help me find a deal on any of them(PC version,please)I would GREATLY appreciate it.^_^ If I had a choice, I would probably pick Halflife 2 though.
(My first post!)

u sood just get the Orage box wich has half life 2,half life 2 ep.1 and 2 , team fortree and portal

(srry for bad spelling)

I would, but my Video card wont run The Orange Box..>.<
EDIT: Thank you honestwill!:) If anyone sees a deal on HL2,please let me know!

i found the ps2 version of HL1 to be quite enjoyable
got it for $12 at gamestop
it comes with a co-op game called Half-Life decay
i may be mistaken but i dont think it came with the PC versions

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']i found the ps2 version of HL1 to be quite enjoyable
got it for $12 at gamestop
it comes with a co-op game called Half-Life decay
i may be mistaken but i dont think it came with the PC versions[/quote] Halflife Decay? I haven't heard of it before.. is it any good?

Your video card will run Half-Life 2, but not the Orange Box (which includes HL2)? All of the games in it run on the Source engine. >_>

Strange that I can't find Half-Life 1 Anthology in stock anywhere for $10. Amazon used to have it at that price and Newegg says it's not in stock. The lowest price I can find it for at a reliable website is here http://www.gogamer.com/Half-Life-1-...VVproductId5640248VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm
for $30.

I guess the Orange Box really surged interest in HL1.

You should pick up the Half Life Anthology, gogamer had it last year for $2 + shipping, but now it looks like it is $30 + shipping, maybe they'll bring it back in their weekly 48 hour madness.

Also the orange Box is a great deal even at $50, and since it is a pc game, I could easily see it going on sale at BB/Circuit City/Target/Amazon for $30.

[quote name='Codemaster']Your video card will run Half-Life 2, but not the Orange Box (which includes HL2)? All of the games in it run on the Source engine. >_>

Strange that I can't find Half-Life 1 Anthology in stock anywhere for $10. Amazon used to have it at that price and Newegg says it's not in stock. The lowest price I can find it for at a reliable website is here http://www.gogamer.com/Half-Life-1-Anthology-Front-Page_stcVVproductId5640248VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm
for $30.

I guess the Orange Box really surged interest in HL1.[/quote]I ran the System Requirements test thing,and it said that it wouldn't work..T_T
EDIT:Just ran it on my laptop..says TOB will work!XD(I feel STUPID XD) So.. any deals on the orange box?

If your computer can HL2 it can run anything in The Orange Box. I just suggest you get that. It is the best deal you will ever find.

[quote name='masterofdarkness']Steam has some free games (depending on your videocard).

For an ATI card(Free games: Half-life 2 Deathmatch and Half-life 2 Lost Coast):
http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

For an Nvidia card(Free games:Portal: First Slice, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast and Peggle Extreme)
http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/[/quote] I tried the NVIDIA card thing,(I have a NVIDIA card) but it is not detecting it. Thank you for telling me though!:)
If anyone sees a deal on TOB please let me know.

[quote name='masterofdarkness']Gamedefeater, you must be logged onto steam and go to:
http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/
and click "get now", then click I already have steam installed and it should work![/quote] When I click it, it says,"Sorry, this computer does not meet the system requirements for the NVIDIA:The first Slice offer" Which SUCKS, because I know that I have a NVIDIA card.Do I need a new driver or something? If you don't know, thanks for the help anyway.

[quote name='darthbudge']If your computer can HL2 it can run anything in The Orange Box. I just suggest you get that. It is the best deal you will ever find.[/quote]
NOT TRUE! My friend can Run CSS and I believe HL2 but not TF2 because he uses Integ graphics.

Half-Life Anthology is the best collection. It's got all the Half-Life expansions. Only problem is Steam is a pain in the ass (can't play the game if you don't log into Steam to "validate" your copy), the advanced textures are there by default until you install the first expansion to enable them for the original Half-Life, and there's a good chance the game will take a shit when ran on various modern videogame cards. Took me quite a while to get the graphics to work right.

Actually, if you want, I'll give you HL2 and Episode 1. When I bought Orange Box, I already had HL2 and Episode 1, so they gave me two "gifts" I could give to someone. It sucks cause it's against their EULA to trade them :p If you're interested, PM me.

Also, as another user posted above, just because your PC can run HL2 doesn't mean it can run Orange Box. The major reasons being TF2 and Episode 2. The large outdoor environments and updated textures in Episode 2 are much more taxing than anything HL2 has to offer.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']Actually, if you want, I'll give you HL2 and Episode 1. When I bought Orange Box, I already had HL2 and Episode 1, so they gave me two "gifts" I could give to someone. It sucks cause it's against their EULA to trade them :p If you're interested, PM me.

Also, as another user posted above, just because your PC can run HL2 doesn't mean it can run Orange Box. The major reasons being TF2 and Episode 2. The large outdoor environments and updated textures in Episode 2 are much more taxing than anything HL2 has to offer.[/QUOTE]
Just PMed you.

[quote name='yamas']NOT TRUE! My friend can Run CSS and I believe HL2 but not TF2 because he uses Integ graphics.[/QUOTE]
I checked.. my laptop should run it.

Crunchb3rry:I will check hl:a then.

Click Start->Run-> Dxdiag->go to video or something and it will tell you your video card.
I made my account on a shitty old ass computer with an nvidia card.

bread's done
Back