Any Ohioian going to the Nintendo Fusion Tour on Wednesday

M1C13

CAGiversary!
Just wondering if anyone else from CAG will be at the Nintendo Fusion Tour next Wednesday.

I think its kinda bad when I am more interested in the possiblity of playing the Wii then the bands that are in the show don't get me wrong I like hawthorne and Relient K but THE WIIIIIIIII.

http://www.nintendofusiontour.com/

$20 plus TicketMaster, at the Madison Theater on (where else?) Madison Street (b/w 7th and 8th I believe) in Covington, KY.

For those not in the know, Covington is closer to Cincinnati than you are. Both are cities on the edge of each state, adjacent to each other, and separated by the Ohio river.

I dunno how popular those bands are (I'd rather poke my own eyes out than hear them, I'm sure), but you can be assured that the show will be sparsely attended, methinks. I just saw Genghis Tron in Covington on Tuesday night in front of about 25 people (different club a block over); weeknights aren't happening for this town, man, and school's back in session.

$25? No dice, hombre. If y'inz go, I'll meet you for a late nite coffee and goetta at the Anchor Grill after the show.

Too much money (those damn ticketbastard "convenience" fees add up fast) just to touch the Wii. I'm into punk/emo, but I don't like any of those bands. If it was Fall Out Boy and Amber Pacific, I'd go.

[quote name='BIG5']If it was Fall Out Boy... I'd go.[/quote]Wow. I'm not a huge fan of Hawthorne Heights and the rest, but that's retarded. Fall Out Boy? Seriously?

Horrible music, and I'm an hour from Cleveland.

I'm going to pass because of prior engagments, and hopefully the demo unit will get into stores.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Wow. I'm not a huge fan of Hawthorne Heights and the rest, but that's retarded. Fall Out Boy? Seriously?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Fall Out Boy. They're not my favorite, but I like them more than any other pop punk/emo band, which is obviously what they're going for on the Fusion Tour. Also, they were on the tour last year. I'd rather see Alkaline Trio and The Lawrence Arms, but that's not going to happen.

Personally, I think Relient K's "The Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek" is a fantastic album. The rest aren't even close, especially their newest one. They are at their best when they're trying to be goofy/SEMI-serious, but they got rid of the goof and aren't fun anymore.

If I do go, they'd be the only band I'd make any effort to watch. They're still good live, even if they neglect to play older stuff.

If anyone is going to the Columbus show on the 27th, you can get discount student tickets for $10 each here.

I saw Hawthorne Heights once back when they were still "A Day in the Life." They used to play shows around town at the halls rented out for punk and hardcore bands to play. I thought they were pretty bad, like most of the bands who played these shows and I thought nothing of them until I heard they were signed by Victory Records. The "scene" kids seemed to eat them up, so I guess they found an audience and ran with it. I would have much rather seen bands like Strangers as Heroes, Phylum Idiota/When Sparks Fly, or Shadyside get the attention they deserved. Oh well, enough reminiscing.

If you want to see what these guys were like back then, check out these pictures.

I'm going to the Columbus Show, which is the start of the Tour, agian I'm more excited about the Wii being there then Hawthorne.

oh crap...I just bought tickets to se Built to Spill at newport the same night. If only I could be at two places at once.

Anyone going to Madison Theatre in Covington? I'll be there. And no, I'm not going to meet any of you there, I'm just curious.

EDIT: Well, it certainly wasn't worth $22, but it was sort of fun.

I really only went for the Wii, and if I had to do it again, I wouldn't. It simply wasn't worth the time and money for a few minutes with it.

However, my impressions of the Wii are very positive. Boxing felt a little random and out of control, but everything else (WarioWare and Bowling) was perfect. I didn't play Excite Truck or Duck Hunt, but those looked just fine.

As far as graphics go, it's definitely a jump up from current gen. Not quite as good as the 360, but definitely close. Excite Truck had some slowdown, but not much.

Looking forward to Nov. 19th for sure.

bread's done
Back