Any other co-op games like Cookie and Cream?

whitereflection

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I'm looking for any co-op games similar to the Adventures of Cookie and Cream. What I mean by that is that each player's experience is dependent on the other's, and they have to actually work together to overcome obstacles and solve puzzles. In games like Contra, Halo, Double Dragon, or X-Men Legends, having a buddy isn't essential and is more like two people playing the same game simultaneously.

I already know of Obscure, Resident Evil Outbreak, and Seven Mansions, but I'm looking for any game of any genre of any generation.

Thanks.

Hmm...I didn't even realize that Obscure had co-op. I'll need to check that out now.

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks has certain things that you can only do with two characters.

Shrek2 is another you can play co-op. Not a very long or difficult game but my wife loved it. Good game to play with kids or significant others.

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm...I didn't even realize that Obscure had co-op. I'll need to check that out now.
.[/QUOTE]

I bought Obscure exclusively for the coop play. The wifey is too scared to play a survival horror game on her own.

here are some co-op games i'm enjoying right now...

-champions of norrath, (taking up lots of time and very addicting, but you cannot continue the game anytime and play by yourself, like x-men legends, which is real convenient)... i read baldur's gate is real fun, too.

-x-men legends
-007 everything or nothing... has weird maze-like arena battles, too.
-cookies and cream, of course
-we (> katamari (will play co-op more after beating it by myself)
-timesplitters 2 (not tried yet)

mario party is also a semi-co-op game if you're playing 2 on 2 or 3 vs. 1

Actually, I want a list of more co-op games, too..Anyone else know of any, please? :drool:...

this is not really a co-op game, but a "one character needs the other to do something" game:

Mario Superstar Saga (luigi and mario help each other out to solve puzzles)...

I also second Lego Star Wars... probably the most fun co-op I've had in a while.

My first pick would be Mickey & Donald for Sega Genesis. For co-op, there's a whole separate game where you have to help each other out.

Other good co-op games not mentioned that I've personally enjoyed:
- MK: Shaolin Monks PS2/Xbox
- Halo 1 and 2
- Mario Kart GC
- All the Baldur's Gate/Everquest action/RPGs (and even Diablo PSone)
- Alien Hominid PS2/GC
- Half-Life PS2
- Um Jammer Lammy PSone
- Secret of Mana SNES
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors SNES
- Golden Axe/Alien Storm/Streets of Rage GEN
- Rival Turf/Final Fight SNES
- Little Ninja Bros. NES

Some I haven't personally played:
- DOOM 3 Xbox (over Live)
- Raze's Hell Xbox
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein Xbox