any pennsylvania cag's here

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Hey guys, I live in the Hazleton area (between hazleton and wilkes barre), but I am 30 minutes from Wilkes Barre. Anyway I am looking for a gamestore to get some good deals. I am looking for something with more newish games, but I don't want to travel to Wilkes Barre unless I can confirm a good deal. I know the one in downtown Wilkes Barre is good, but do they have new games?

All of my Wal Marts never mark down crap, and every other store doesn't mark down shit in Hazleton.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

hazleton has a ton of stores man. gamecrazy, gamestop, eb games, kmart, sears, walmart, boscovs electronics section, and blockbuster.

wilkes barre even has more, like almost every major retailer, but hazleton has more then enough for me. cant rememeber the last time i couldnt find a new game in stock somewhere

I'm in Sunbury.

I usually hit up yard sales/thrift stores and the GS/fye at the mall.

There's a badass little video game store in Shamokin (not Shamokin Dam). Not sure of the street name, as I don't drive, but it's on the same street as their little Salvation Army. I think it's still open, I was only in there once, though, and it was like two years ago. I got Earthworm Jim for the SNES for $5. His prices are reasonable for a specialty shop and usually cheaper than online.

The Lewisburg flea market has some gaming setups too, with decent prices. I got Revolution X (Genesis) in the case from the "major" video game seller for $3 and then Perfect Dark for the 64 for $5 from someone selling just a few games and other stuff.

There's another flea market, I think the one in Paxinos, that has a video game shop setup too. Prices aren't that great, but I didn't haggle. I just got Joe & Mac for the SNES for $7.

Shermans Dale - west of Harrisburg and north of Carlisle - I'm far enough into the middle of nowhere to be in a 'census designated place'

Ex-Pennsylvanian. Lived there for only 6 months in New Castle, 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh before moving back to my home in Cali! o_O;

Last edited by a moderator:
holy shit this thread is old.

Havertown, PA; suburb of philly, live on a road right off WCP (cookie to those who know what that stands for)

[quote name='IRHari']holy shit this thread is old.

Havertown, PA; suburb of philly, live on a road right off WCP (cookie to those who know what that stands for)[/quote]

West Chester Pike...I'll take a glass of milk as well

yeah this is an old thread. I think i posted over two years ago when my answer was norristown. now its philly. fishtown to be exact

Western PA cags beware! I am invading in my off season tomorrow! (summer, when I'm not at college in Western PA)

I'm planning on hitting up cranberry, monaca, and possibly some more!

Down in Chambersburg for the time being (moving in a few months, although will still be close to the area for at least a little while).

Anybody in Philly-

when did that store on South Street close? I used to go in there all the time, it had to have been after the holiday season last year.

Plymouth Meeting, right outside Philly. And I can say this as sure as anyone because I went to school and spend a number of years out in western PA, I hate pittsburgh. The city iteself is fine, but when it comes to sports, I couldnt stand anyone. Although I do miss a good Primanti Bros sandwitch from time to time.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Anybody in Philly-

when did that store on South Street close? I used to go in there all the time, it had to have been after the holiday season last year.[/QUOTE]

Your not talking about that comic/game/whatever store on south street are you? I havent been shopping on south street in forever, but remember loving that store when I went. Would be ashame if it closed.

I'm in Levittown here - just North of Philadelphia. And either a ton of you guys live in my neighborhood, or the stores around me suck... Haven't found a good deal in ages :)

[quote name='tankass']Your not talking about that comic/game/whatever store on south street are you? I havent been shopping on south street in forever, but remember loving that store when I went. Would be ashame if it closed.[/QUOTE]
I think he is talking about the Got Game? That used to be on South Street. I was surprised to see it closed too. And I think you are talking about Showcase Comics, which is still open. They used to be right next to each other until Showcase sized down and rent its other half out. I think my favorite store on South Street was Quakers Head, if any of you guys remember it.

Not videogame related, but is anyone in the Pittsburgh area going to the Zombie Walk at Monroeville mall tomorrow?

I totally forgot about it until I heard about it on the X last night. We'll definitely be there.

[quote name='gotisttit']I am currently living in Greensburg, PA. Well, i've always lived in Greensburg[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CAG. I'm a few miles north of you in Export. Stay outta my territory! :D (kidding, I'm not maniacal about deals so much anymore)

bread's done
Back