Any place to get a PS2 for around $50?

RoganSarine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
EB Games has been sold out of used PS2's for awhile, and my brother wants one to go with his non-BC PS3.

He can't really justify anymore than $60 on the console, and Toys'R'Us locally didn't have any shipped to them.

Try out craigslist there should be a few people selling the consoles there. If you already tried the BST thread on CAG maybe try the thread on red flags deals.

You consider EB games trade two deal, I'm not sure if is still running but if you trade two $8 tiv games you get a free refurbished orignal PS2 along with one or two used controllers.

[quote name='Tuffdog']You consider EB games trade two deal, I'm not sure if is still running but if you trade two $8 tiv games you get a free refurbished orignal PS2 along with one or two used controllers.[/QUOTE]

Checking the OP's first sentence might be worth considering ;)

I'd say check out BB/FS, they may have some old stock floating around, and if they do, just keep an eye on their stock, and wait for another sale at TrU/WM/Zellers to pop up, and price match. If they stock starts to run low, I'd say buy it right there and hope a sale occurs within your 30-day return period.

Also, if another sale comes up in the next while, I'll check my local stores to see if they have stock; if they do, I could buy one and ship it to you along with the receipt. At my local TrU there were quite a few Slim PS2s (My gf managed to snag me the Limited Edition White PS2 w/ SingStar for $60!) What would a Vancouver postal code be? (So I can calculate shipping).

Edit: Using the postal code V5K 1B1, shipping for the PS2 Slim would be $14.95 for regular parcel, which includes delivery confirmation, apparently!

Not a bad shipping price considering... Hopefully, one goes on sale soon, heh.

I just kind of wanted to stay away from older revisions because A) They're bigger B) The fats did have a minor failure problem I never experienced... and C) Why would I do a trade in if I can get one new for like 80 bucks

bread's done
Back