Any place to get Cheap legos?

I have a bunch of Lego sets, mainly Lego Star Wars from when Episode I was released and some Insectoid sets if you're interested. I'd be willing to sell them for cheap.

craiglist, garage sales or flea market. Sometimes you might get lucky and get a bucket full of legos for next to nothing.

I don't think you'll ever find anything *cheap* other than the occasional deal on eBay or the clearance special here and there...after all, Lego is the Starbucks of toys (minus the diarrhea 20 minutes later).

Now if you want a deal, Toys R Us has been selling the Deluxe Batmobile for $49.99 (MSRP $69.99). Not exactly cheap, but still a good deal on a really nice set. It took me a little over 3 hours to put it together, but i was watching Futurama at the time, and I had to contend with my cats' tails sweeping the Lego's across the floor.

However, you're also able to preorder the 5000 piece Millennium Falcon from their website for the low, low, price of $500. =)
Kiss that weekend goodbye when that thing comes to the door!

don't know where you're from but if you live near CT try and find a LEGO employee to buy them for you. when i worked at the LEGO factory in Enfield, CT as a CSR, we had an employee store where all sets were 50% off.

and if a box was damaged, the set was 75% off.

ohhh and the tent sale, the glorious tent sale...

anyway, find an employee, that's my advice.

[quote name='fatbeer']craiglist, garage sales or flea market. Sometimes you might get lucky and get a bucket full of legos for next to nothing.[/QUOTE]

I was going to mention this route also.........If I had a dime for every time I've seen a huge bag of legos at a garage sale or flea market for under $5, I'd have about $6.70.

heh.

[quote name='Journey']I was going to mention this route also.........If I had a dime for every time I've seen a huge bag of legos at a garage sale or flea market for under $5, I'd have about $6.70.

heh.[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh. Thanks. I need to start going to yard sales again...

[quote name='varsitygamer']don't know where you're from but if you live near CT try and find a LEGO employee to buy them for you. when i worked at the LEGO factory in Enfield, CT as a CSR, we had an employee store where all sets were 50% off.

and if a box was damaged, the set was 75% off.

ohhh and the tent sale, the glorious tent sale...

anyway, find an employee, that's my advice.[/QUOTE]

The place in Enfield CT is closing, it will have very few people working there and none of them will be anywhere close to Lego bricks.

I went to the Natick Mall Lego Store yesterday, the manager there said that they have not gotten any shipments of Legos in the last few weeks because Lego has moved their shipping operations to a third party in TN. That third party computers failed. The whole thing doesn't make any sense but the store had 2 sets that were less than $20 in the store. In an hour I was in there, I was filling up a Pick-a-Brick cup, there was only one other person who bought something. That guy bought 15 keychains!!!

Best bet is to randomly check the clearence sections of stores, Walmart is great for this. You can also check the Lego Store online and see what they have on sale, it's mainly shit but sometimes there is a good deal, or a distake price. Problem is the new shipping company is bad and the shipping rates are way too high.

My mom goes to tag sales all the time, she has never seen any Legos. I don't understand why people think they are easy to find there.

http://www.bricklink.com/

This website features many Lego resellers. I don't know if anyone offers bulk deals; this site is great for getting exactly what you want. Of the stores there, I've only dealt with Toy Brick Brigade, which is one of the largest.

bread's done
Back