Any places carrying Mystic Silver (U.S.) PSP?

wongjp

CAGiversary!
Hi all. In Tokyo for a few more days and realized that I really like the non-shiny "Mystic Silver" PSP-3000. I've seen that it's in the Ratchet & Clank and Gran Turismo PSP bundles in the states. (Not to be confused with Ice Silver, right?)

I don't want to buy the Japanese version as I've read on the region differences (in regards to certain PSN stores, digital comics, etc).

Does anyone know places that might still be selling these older U.S. bundles? I don't see anything on eBay other than refurbished stuff and I'd rather buy new.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='62t']The Kingdom Hearts PSP Bundle will be in a mystic silver coming in September[/QUOTE]

Okay, now that's awesome news I wasn't aware of :bouncy: Thanks so much :)

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Although it's only available at gamestop(I think). So be aware if you were planning on buying it from another store.[/QUOTE]

Though, September is a bit of a ways :( Okay, it's not really THAT far out honestly, but still. Yeah, I just noticed that as well (Gamestop only).

[quote name='wongjp']
I don't want to buy the Japanese version as I've read on the region differences (in regards to certain PSN stores, digital comics, etc).
[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the system only? because I thought there wasn't a difference between US and JAP psp's.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9e-49-en-70-2zdi.html

You can have an US psp and access the american store and the japanese store (you just need to create a japanese psn account).

Same thing with the JAP psp, you can access the american PSN store through the japanese psp, you just need to sign in with your US account.

So, UMD's are region free. Movies aren't tho. If you plan to buy and watch movies on your psp get an US psp.

To make it more simple, the PSP is universal. It plays any UMD game (european, american, japanese).

What matters is your account. US accounts access the US PSN store, JAP accounts get access to the JAP PSN store.
The psp doesn't check your IP when browsing the store so you can create any type of account without restrictions. That's why many people in the US have a second japanese account, so they can download japanese demos and other stuff on their american systems.

The only problem is Movies/Video store. People that browse the US PSN video section(outside the US) can't watch/download/purchase movies because Sony checks your IP.

So feel free to buy a psp in japan, as long as you have a US psn account you'll get access to the american content.

[quote name='AceSam14']To make it more simple, the PSP is universal. It plays any UMD game (european, american, japanese).

What matters is your account. US accounts access the US PSN store, JAP accounts get access to the JAP PSN store.
The psp doesn't check your IP when browsing the store so you can create any type of account without restrictions. That's why many people in the US have a second japanese account, so they can download japanese demos and other stuff on their american systems.

The only problem is Movies/Video store. People that browse the US PSN video section(outside the US) can't watch/download/purchase movies because Sony checks your IP.

So feel free to buy a psp in japan, as long as you have a US psn account you'll get access to the american content.[/QUOTE]

I forgot but (just within the XMB, not in game), the O and X button behaviour is switched right? Or can you switch this? It's been a long time since I've used a friend's PSP.

I read somewhere that some people could not, for example, use the latest digital comics reader from the U.S. with their Japanese PSPs... is this still the case also?

I don't mind too much about not being able to play U.S UMDs though - I'd convert to mp4 and stream off a mem stick I think :)

Oh yeah I think X and O are only switched in the XMB. Instead X being confirm, O will be. (Read it can be switched but it needs custom firmware)

About the comics thing, I'm not sure...take a look at http://community.eu.playstation.com...4;jsessionid=240B5D729F44FB9909E7305523C1FD1A

It says you need to "Install the US firmware on the Japanese PSP and all should be easy" but I'm not sure. To be honest the comic store didn't seem that good.

[quote name='AceSam14']Oh yeah I think X and O are only switched in the XMB. Instead X being confirm, O will be. (Read it can be switched but it needs custom firmware)

About the comics thing, I'm not sure...take a look at http://community.eu.playstation.com...4;jsessionid=240B5D729F44FB9909E7305523C1FD1A

It says you need to "Install the US firmware on the Japanese PSP and all should be easy" but I'm not sure. To be honest the comic store didn't seem that good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. True, probably not (comics store and all). I don't mind the XMB buttons being switched.

I ended up getting one here while I'm in Japan, and picked up the Hatsune Miku / Project Diva PSP game (first one). Enjoying it quite a bit :)

In the end I found a Kingdom Hearts PSP that wasn't matte like the Mystic Silver, but it has some designs on the back related to KH Birth by Sleep (the system came with the console, and AC adapter/cable, but not th egame or any other frills. It was in pristine, like new condition. The back looks like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UpvBe1k6T...Bt_tsAekk/s1600/dgn_kingdom_hearts_psp_02.jpg

It is cheaper to order a Mem Stick Pro Duo via Amazon Prime for me, so when I head back home in a few days I'll try flashing it to the U.S. firmware anyway.

Thanks everyone for the tips :) And who knows, maybe I'll want to part with this KH PSP in the future so I'll sell it on Marketplace here :)

bread's done
Back