Any places still do GBA light (front or back) mods?

cochesecochese

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Right then. I had an original GBA with an afterburner back in the day and loved the form factor. I sold it, but want another one. Does anyone know of shops (or individuals) out there that will still do this mod or frankenfit the ags-101 screen into the gba?

Thanks.

Wow! that was my first mod I ever did my self.

I still have my glacier GBA with Afterburner (no case replacement for me) I dremeled it.

I have something you might be interested in... I have an original GBA that is modded so that you can play your games directly on a TV. It has standard AV cables out for video and audio, and the games play great.

I am open to trade or cash offers, and have pics if you're interested. Please send me a PM with your email address because I can't get pics to go thru this system unless I first upload them to a site (which is a pain). Thanks.

dang man, that brings me back. i was one of the original afterburner "donators" to get that project started. i was so stoked when it actually got off the ground and they shipped me one of the first units. such an great mod.

Dude, I JUST threw out one of my original afterburner kits, was still sealed up in the bubblewrap and everything. I had gotten a couple for myself, brother, and friends. I found it in my closet and was like wtf. I too was one of the donators, was my first real mod as well.
Some memories there bro!

Yes, yes, I have been asking around quite a bit but it looks like I am out of luck. Such a shame as the original GBA had all the best accesories and the best form factor (IMO). It looks like I have no choice but to go for either the AGS-101 or a micro.

Perhaps I can get someone over on that famous modding dude's website to try and transplant an ags-101 screen into a GBA. Thanks all.

There are people modding lights into original Game Boys...

I can't help but think *someone* out there would be willing to mod a GBA...

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Nah, I'd like something to create an Instructables tutorial anyway. From what I can gather it's just an LED light installed in the back right?[/QUOTE]

Afterburner was, I belive, a thin strip of LED lights that attached between the screen and the plastic cover and sent a light across the screen. This is almost identical to how the screen in the SP works.

The AGS-101 has an entirely different screen. From what I gather there were also several changes to the board and connector so it would take some serious electrical engineering know how to make it work properly.

Right now I am chasing a lead for some new GB Micro faceplates. If that works out I will probably go with the Micro otherwise I will chase down an AGS-101. Much as I love the form factor of the original GBA I only break it out a couple times a year and it's just not worth the hassle - especially if the thing breaks on me.

bread's done
Back