Any PSN card deals?

eagles5769

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I haven't seen any PSN card request on this board so I thought I'd make one. I'm interested in any kind of deal whatsoever on PSN card codes.

Wal-Mart put these cards on clearance a few weeks back (marked $17 and $40). You may still be able to find some at those prices, though most people are reporting that the 50 dollar cards have gone back up to full price.

Does anyone know if they charge tax when you buy PSN cards from a retailer? Are they supposed to? They tax you when you purchase items on PSN with credit card. So, are you double taxed when you use a PSN card???

I'm pretty sure they dont tax you at the retailer (though it may vary from state to state) and they definitely dont tax on the PSN network

[quote name='Arakias']I'm pretty sure they dont tax you at the retailer (though it may vary from state to state) and they definitely dont tax on the PSN network[/QUOTE]

Well I guess they don't tax you, but that's not for everyone. Last night I was looking at games to buy from PSN and when I hit the buy button on that Ratchet and Clank expansion I saw that if I wanted to buy it I would have to pay for taxes as well. So yeah some people might not get charged taxes, but some of us do.

If you are a playstation/sonycard holder you can use your points to get $10 cards for 1000 points (available at sony rewards site under the insider specials). Not a discount per se but you aren't actually paying cash.

I bet if you changed the state you live in on your PSN account you wouldn't have to pay taxes anymore. Any state that Sony has a presence in will have to pay taxes.

[quote name='Nezo']If you are a playstation/sonycard holder you can use your points to get $10 cards for 1000 points (available at sony rewards site under the insider specials). Not a discount per se but you aren't actually paying cash.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I've redeemed 6 of those things so far in anticipation of lots more PSN games, and to pickup FFVII when it came out.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Does anyone know if they charge tax when you buy PSN cards from a retailer? Are they supposed to? They tax you when you purchase items on PSN with credit card. So, are you double taxed when you use a PSN card???[/QUOTE]

When I go to my local gamestop, (South California)
They don't charge me a single penny for tax. :bouncy:

They are not suppose to charge you tax for PSN cards.

speedway, buy 4 $20 cards and get 1 $10 off, so essentially $100 worth of psn for $90. This can be over any length of time as long as you use the same speedy rewards card on each purchase. One suggestion if you can't find clearance cards at walmart (this was a long time ago im pretty sure)

so, any idea how/where i can get discounted PSN cards?

i picked up a bunch when they were on sale at target in april(?), but i just used them up getting PSN+.

i can get 10% off at target.com, but the shipping costs negates the discount.

If you sign up for the Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club (which is free) - purchases of PS Network cards (which are considered "Video Game Accessories") count toward accumulating points. If you spend $150 (not just PS Network cards but video games and and video game accessories too) - you'll get a $10 Rewards Certificate that you can use to buy anything at Best Buy (including more PS Network cards). Here's the link for more info on the Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club: https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GAMERSANON

I live in NYC & I usually buy PS Network cards at Best Buy and am not charged sales tax at all. However, since Sony has a physical store in NYC, I am charged sales tax when I make a purchase on the PS Network.

[quote name='B5GkarNarn']If you sign up for the Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club (which is free) - purchases of PS Network cards (which are considered "Video Game Accessories") count toward accumulating points. If you spend $150 (not just PS Network cards but video games and and video game accessories too) - you'll get a $10 Rewards Certificate that you can use to buy anything at Best Buy (including more PS Network cards). Here's the link for more info on the Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club: https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GAMERSANON

I live in NYC & I usually buy PS Network cards at Best Buy and am not charged sales tax at all. However, since Sony has a physical store in NYC, I am charged sales tax when I make a purchase on the PS Network.[/QUOTE]

i am signed up for the BB rewards stuff. i don't do enough shopping at best buy to make it worthwhile though. i bought a desktop from them and earned a $5 reward certificate and never went back to the store to use it. when i did want to use it, it had expired.

i don't think i paid tax when i bought psn cards at target. i definitely pay tax when i make psn purchases (i like in new jersey).

bread's done
Back