Any real difference between Lego Star Wars 2 & Lego Complete Saga?

ezytarget

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, besides the obvious prequel content not being included in Lego Star Wars 2, as well as online play.

Is there really difference between Lego Star Wars 2 & Lego Complete Saga?

I'm really on the fence which one to get. I really want the complete saga but right now that game just isn't lower then $40 (which is rare for a 7 month old game). I just can't justify spending that kind of money right now.

So what am I missing if I buy Lego Star Wars 2? Are the levels different enough that I'll want to buy The Complete Saga later when it's cheaper? I don't know if I care that much for the prequel stuff. I'm sure it would be fun to play with friends regardless. I'm just more curios about the differences between the 3 titles.

[quote name='Azumangaman']The complete sage has episodes I-VI while LSWII has IV-VI.
The complete saga is fun, Episodes I-III are awesome as well.[/quote]

Did you read the post?

The achievements are much more interesting in Complete Saga, if you care about that sort of thing. Nearly all the achievements in LSW2 are for completing each level without dying, but the achievements for Complete Saga are much more diverse.

The vehicle levels in the Complete Saga are a bit more refined than the original releases, but aside from that the levels are pretty much the same. You are missing out on a bunch of side-missions that they created just for the Complete Game, both in the prequels and the original trilogy sections. If you're only concerned about the main areas though, then the Original Series version will suit you fine.

That said, I do think there's more than enough extra content -- aside from just the prequels -- to make The Complete Saga worth bargain hunting for.

If money is an issue, my advice would be to not spend more than $5 on it now (get it for Gamecube, PS2 or Xbox if you have to). Then buy the complete saga later when the price drops.

[quote name='ezytarget'] I really want the complete saga but right now that game just isn't lower then $40 (which is rare for a 7 month old game). I just can't justify spending that kind of money right now.[/QUOTE]

I just can't justify spending that much after owning the previous two games. I want the Saga, but am keeping my eyes peeled for a price drop or a helluva sale.

Thanks for the info guys. See I thought I read in some reviews that the Complete Saga actually didn't have all the levels that SW 1 & 2 had from their initial release, but it sounds like I read it wrong. Sounds like they "added" levels instead.

I'm looking forward to getting it someday... if the price ever, EVER drops on the damn thing.

How much cheaper are you looking for? I got mine for the Wii (STILL $50) for $38 using buy.com+google checkout. There's also copies floating around on ebay, but you have to be kind of lucky.

I rented it, but I still think it is worth $40 (or whatever it is at now). I put 33 hours into it doing everything except all the blue mini-kit time trials. Wasn't expecting there would be that much to do in a LEGO game after just playing LEGO Indiana Jones.

[quote name='VioletArrows']How much cheaper are you looking for? I got mine for the Wii (STILL $50) for $38 using buy.com+google checkout. There's also copies floating around on ebay, but you have to be kind of lucky.[/quote]

Considering SW Complete Saga is almost an 8 month old game I feel the price should be under $20. Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed and other titles that came out at the same time are under $20 now. So that's what I'm looking at. The game is still hovering at almost retail price.

bread's done
Back